Grand Final Replay

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Grand Final Replay

Saturday 6th Feb - One Digital 8:00 - 11:00 pm

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Your kidding.

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Saints wrote:Your kidding.
Nope - watching it now!
Hope we win!!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
Moorabbin Saints wrote:Your kidding.
Nope - watching it now!
Hope we win!!!!!
It was on 7TWO at 2am this morning. Felt sick and did not watch it.

Maxstar22
Club Player

I quickly just flicked over then to see if I could do it and nope still not ready.....

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Never will.

They walk amongst us...

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Don't think I could take watching it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just watched tne second qtr and the last part of the first.

1.5 in the first half of that second qtr....theres the game...right there :evil:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

The PF against WB was on earlier this week and I couldn't even watch that. I've deleted all 2009 games off my IQ. So I don't what I'll do with the Membership DVD of 2009.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Just watched tne second qtr and the last part of the first.

1.5 in the first half of that second qtr....theres the game...right there :evil:
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

How in heavens' name did you get the coveted role of mod without a basic understanding of football as it's played in the 21st century?

Anybody who has a skerrick of understanding about modern football knows it was just a very poor coaching performance that cost us that grand final. :roll:

I mean blind freddie could see that the bad kicking at goal had no effect on the result. :roll:

No question about it - we lost that grand final when we appointed Lyon as coach. :roll:

And that disastrous decision was compounded by the new Administration being conned into appointing a modern football department and a new fitness regime. :roll:

The whole football world were laughing at us for shooting ourselves in the foot whilst our premiership window was wide open. They all knew there was nothing wrong with the previous model and with an ounce of luck we were certainties for the premiership. All we had to do was not panic and keep on doing what had proved to be so successful for the previous few years. :roll:

But then, you're probably just a moronic football fan who believes any spin being fed to him by the Club. :roll:

Or you're just trying to deflect the warranted criticism from its rightful target(s). :roll:

Batnoe

have seen the first 3 qtrs twice

we play well, real well

we lose, no goals in last and more oppurtunities to go further ahead throughout the game

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I watched the replay for the 1st time and it became even more apparent that we should have won the game. Geelong just took their chances but they shouldn't have been that close in the first place. I think the mark that Riewoldt went for and missed in the last quarter defined the match. If he had taken that the Saints would have won. Ah well that's the way it was meant to go.

Another opportunity awaits!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Can never and will never watch it.

Have never watched 97 either.

I just wont.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:I watched the replay for the 1st time and it became even more apparent that we should have won the game. Geelong just took their chances but they shouldn't have been that close in the first place. I think the mark that Riewoldt went for and missed in the last quarter defined the match. If he had taken that the Saints would have won. Ah well that's the way it was meant to go.
Is that the one where Roo jumped over Blake? The loose ball went the Cats way and they got it in to their forward line. I think Roo should have punched the ball out of bounds but who am I to say. It's a Grand Final and the pressure was on.

avid
Club Player

Still can't bring myself to watch it either. (Although I did watch the 2nd quarter once.)
I'll come around to it though. We played a great game -- a game to be proud of. I hoped for so much more, but never could have demanded more.
If we were going to lose the GF in such a titanic struggle, it was bound to happen around the unpredictable margins -- bad kicking, bad umpiring, or just bad luck.
We didn't let ourselves down. We can't be ashamed of our effort.
Therefore I will watch it -- one day.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I've watched it till 3/4 time 3 times now. Great game but I will never be able to watch the last quarter. Still haven't seen any of the '97 GF either.

Mind you, I've only seen the '66 GF once. :oops:

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Joffaboy wrote:
Can never and will never watch it.

I just wont.

Nor 71 or 65 G.Fs

matrix
Saintsational Legend

never watched it
ill watch it on my death bed to maybe kick me over and fire me up to produce a few more years of life

jk23
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Can never and will never watch it.

I just wont.
I will when we win one again. :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I watched.

It sucked.

Better team lost.

It will ever remain thus.

Bring on '10.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The only way to exorcise the demons of 24 September 2009 is to watch the game and understand why we lost.

Most on here are lying when they say they haven't watched it. Either that or their memories are way above average in their recollection of the minutia of the game.

This is 2010, but if we don't know what went wrong in 2009 nothing will change.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

il admit i have watched it
not the full game though
i'm probably the only one on here who skipped the first 3 quarters and went straight to the last.
WHAT THE FU<K HAPPENED? HOW ON EARTH DID WE LOSE? although, as someone mentioned before i think, blind Freddy could of seen it coming. if there was ever to be a team to win 19 games in a row (20 home and away games) yet manage to lose the big one i would have everything down to my last dollar on us to be that team.
lets bloody hope we win it this year, if we do a Port Adelaide (lose the gf, then bump out of the top 8 all together) i will go crazy. And if hawthorn appear out of nowhere again this year and win it il stab someone, they better not just think they can come back from the dead and take it from us.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Ive watched the last qtr twice. Painful but i had to watch it

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

still haven't seen 97 let alone the last and even more heartbreaking one....just can't..won't.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

jk23 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Can never and will never watch it.

I just wont.
I will when we win one again. :wink:
I have watched 1997 again for some sick reason.

I also reckon I will not watch 2009 until we have won that flag, so I hope I'm not waiting too long.