New jumper for intra club match

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markinUSA
SS Life Member

New jumper for intra club match

Hi

I don't know if everyone has seen this, so I thought I would post a link to the club site. (Somebody said before that we should post the links, not the whole article, to the Saints website so that the club gets more visitors on its website).

Anyway, here is the link

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx

Check it out - the training/intraclub jumpers won't be in red, black and white. They will have our crest, but not the normal colours. They are described as 'summer colours'.

Cheers
Mark

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Very citrus.

Does that make the intra club game the ultimate acid test?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

will be interesting if we set up the intra club match as a best 22 Vs the fringe 22 or we move to make the teams more even !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Being a traditionialist, I don't like them. However, I love the new NAB Cup jumper.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Can't stand the Hi-Vis vests and I think the Nab Cup jumper is just as bad...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
esaint66
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:Can't stand the Hi-Vis vests and I think the Nab Cup jumper is just as bad...

Speaking of jumper designs, have you got any new designs armo ?

Would really like to see some :)

thequarry
Club Player

I bought my brother the yellow training jumper for Christmas (they've been in the club shop for a while).

I don't think they're too bad, but I've loved the designs from 08 and 09 - I wouldn't have minded seeing any of those designs worn by the Saints for competitive matches.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

esaint66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Can't stand the Hi-Vis vests and I think the Nab Cup jumper is just as bad...

I've been working on a few things recently, I've got an idea that I'm going to put forward to the AFL, that every year in indigenous round every club should wear an aboriginal art based guernsey, I think they did it in the SANFL one year nad they looked great, I've come up with designs for most of them, however they're all on paper.

As for St Kilda's training stuff, I've run out of ideas a bit :P :lol:

My only recent ones that I'd be happy to pay with are these...

Nothing special, just a bit of a modification on last years designs.

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

thequarry wrote:I bought my brother the yellow training jumper for Christmas (they've been in the club shop for a while).

I don't think they're too bad, but I've loved the designs from 08 and 09 - I wouldn't have minded seeing any of those designs worn by the Saints for competitive matches.
Don't worry last years training jumper is a future clash jumper for us, I will not rest until it is :lol: :lol:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

esaint66 wrote:

Obviously the club are trying to make Tommy feel at home by using Kerry colours.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
esaint66 wrote:

Obviously the club are trying to make Tommy feel at home by using Kerry colours.
esaint66, you've changed your avatar in the last 5 minutes and we can't see Tommy Walsh in Kerry colours. Please change it back.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
esaint66 wrote:

esaint66, you've changed your avatar in the last 5 minutes and we can't see Tommy Walsh in Kerry colours. Please change it back.

:lol: :oops:
Sorry mate, i'll check for the URL now :)

esaint66
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
esaint66 wrote:

I've been working on a few things recently, I've got an idea that I'm going to put forward to the AFL, that every year in indigenous round every club should wear an aboriginal art based guernsey, I think they did it in the SANFL one year nad they looked great, I've come up with designs for most of them, however they're all on paper.

As for St Kilda's training stuff, I've run out of ideas a bit :P :lol:

My only recent ones that I'd be happy to pay with are these...

Nothing special, just a bit of a modification on last years designs.

Great stuff and i would be all for the Indigenous idea, i think some of the NRL teams are playing with that concept this year.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Tommy's back, but the green is a little off.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Great stuff Armoo, much better than the XTC effort by the club.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

esaint66 wrote:Tommy's back, but the green is a little off.
Thanks esaint66.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

but what would our Indigenous jumper be?
possibly the 2005 heritage jumper? (red yellow black)...thats their flag?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lets hope that someone from the club bothers to advise the umpires dept at the AFL of these colours. IIRC a couple of years ago the umpires turned up in RED. One of the sides was wearing RED. They had to quickly find some ORANGE VESTS for the umpies.

They can wear RED this time if they like !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:but what would our Indigenous jumper be?
possibly the 2005 heritage jumper? (red yellow black)...thats their flag?
Some clubs it was pretty hard to think of something so I just did a cop out and did a normal jumper but instead of solid colours it is coloured dots.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Green & Gold Hey !!

The NATIONAL colours of Tasmania :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

thequarry
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
thequarry wrote:I bought my brother the yellow training jumper for Christmas (they've been in the club shop for a while).

Don't worry last years training jumper is a future clash jumper for us, I will not rest until it is :lol: :lol:
I would sincerely hope one day they take it on board for our matches!...The 09 training jumpers I have always thought would look grand as home (black) and away (white). Especially with the all-black socks with the red and white at the top we used to wear pre-1950's and a decade or so ago.

And those designs you've posted look great.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I think the reason for the un-St Kilda colours in the training tops, is so the players don't look at their opponents as team mates when competing. It has been used in the US and Europe in other sports because it just takes the familiarity of your team mates away from you when they are wearing "foreign" colours. Just my humble opinion.

The other reason is because it will be more difficult for the media choppers to recognise the players during finals season's training sessions.