HS articles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

HS articles

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5831111947

what a crap article.........why mention the state of a complex we are moving from.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5831118185

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 5831126473

no journo named in this one...........note the the three reasons mentioned..

1. has vever been quoted to actual players
Last edited by chook23 on Tue 16 Feb 2010 11:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Essendon wanker

Another opportunity awaits!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

That first article is just complete and utter garbage, Irrelevant and ...well just a pissant nothing article from Terry "pissant" Brown. What a joke.

Second article...well..yeah its gunna get real messy I fear.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Terry Brown is a "colour" writer not a sports journo....and a fanatical Collingwood supporter

He normally writes "witty" lil puff pices when footy makes it onto the main pages of the HS...vox pop'ing fans with face paint, the "view from the outer" angle

Why the Herald-Sun sent him to cover this I have no idea. I'm perfectly OK with journo's taking a crack at us if its justified, but wtf has peeling paint and squash ball skid marks got to do with a deadly serious press conference about a deadly serious topic?

Poor effort, even for a paper that sets the bar pretty high when it comes to rubbish articles.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

two terrible articles

first is a joke and I emailed them as such.

second puts up contentions as facts without any quotes or even sources. It is between he club, player and AFL as to any payout, they would not make this public just yet.

Just trying to stir it up to make the saints look like the bad guy.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
degruch
Saintsational Legend

"Lovett's manager Alex McDonald warned the floodgates had been opened for rival clubs to sack a player for offences they deemed serious."

...and why the hell shouldn't they? Call it Free Agency!

"This is his dream. That's his craft. He has a gift to play AFL football and now it's been taken away from him."

...his gift is the ability to play football, he can squader it elsewhere.

Lousy report, didn't open with 5 paragraphs on the condition of the clubs soon to be evacuated facilities.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I just let the HS know exactly what I think of The Terry Clown article. However, Im pretty sure it wont be appearing on their website. What a absolute flog. Tea bag my ballsack Tezza you moron.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Lol

taken away from him....

He fkn threw it away[/list]

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hell, whats the obsession with our "crumbling ruin of a squash court" where the media conference was held? Caro brought it up again in the Age today.

God..did some of the journo's get a bit of flaky paint on their shoes?

We're building a new place you dills..but I spose you'll grizzle about having to drive down to Seaford :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Rang HS and vented my displeasure at some of the content in the
Terry Brown article

'The Saints have the Jack Wylie Court, and you wonder what he did wrong to get naming honours'

Why attack Jack Wylie...........

What was the point re condition of facilities we are moving from etc

Ridiculous article and one of the worst cases of sports reporting I have ever read.

saint4life
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

It was a terrible and quite pointless article.

Pointless, unless of course he's trying to make it look like the building is crumbling and therefore so is the club, which is rubbish.

Ivy was SEN earlier this morning and she gave it with both barrels about the article.

You go Ivy!

Sunday Red
Club Player

His e-mail address is:

brownt@heraldsun.com.au

(obtained freely from the HS website). Let the bastard have it![/url]

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: Poor effort, even for a paper that sets the bar pretty high when it comes to rubbish articles.
lol - why dont we just leave the bar on the ground - and wait for the hacks at the Hun to trip over it :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:It was a terrible and quite pointless article.

Pointless, unless of course he's trying to make it look like the building is crumbling and therefore so is the club, which is rubbish.

Ivy was SEN earlier this morning and she gave it with both barrels about the article.

You go Ivy!
I get the impression he was trying to paint Lovett's sacking as a cash saving exercise by the club.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Rang HS and vented my displeasure at some of the content in the
Terry Brown article

'The Saints have the Jack Wylie Court, and you wonder what he did wrong to get naming honours'

Why attack Jack Wylie...........

What was the point re condition of facilities we are moving from etc

Ridiculous article and one of the worst cases of sports reporting I have ever read.
I personally knew old Jack Wylie,he was one the old Stkilda squashy's,and stood with us every week. More of a gentleman you couldn't find,so the article is insulting

Bring back the Lockett era
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

There was a shocking one on the yahoo sport homepage yesterday, no author, but it's opening line was that we had sacked Ball to get Lovett :roll:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:There was a shocking one on the yahoo sport homepage yesterday, no author, but it's opening line was that we had sacked Ball to get Lovett :roll:
Eddie Macguire?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Sunday Red wrote:His e-mail address is:

brownt@heraldsun.com.au

(obtained freely from the HS website). Let the bastard have it![/url]
DONE! I urge everyone else to let this moron have a piece of their mind as well!

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Just sent one too.

What a tool.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

The smug little prick is replying to his email, the snotty head up arse attitude is plain to see. I quote ...

"Tim,

Point to one inaccuracy.

As for my failing to address the Lovett situation, it was the Saints who refused to say on what grounds he had been dismissed, which I would have thought was the whole point of the press conference. They wouldn’t talk about his contract, the players’ attitudes, what clauses in his contract were breached or the timing of the sacking.

The decrepit state of the Saints venue for the presser, whether you find it uncomfortable to read about or not, is a fact. It is relevant because it presents St Kilda as a club that cannot afford to lose sponsors or, indeed, a million dollars. If that’s not the case, that’s certainly how it appears, and appearances count. I doubt you could find a junior netball club anywhere in Victoria who would accept that sort of facility, let alone an elite sporting organisation.

I’m sure you are a loyal Saints fan and proud of the club, but there wasn’t much pride on show in the neglected state of their media conference facility. It makes Punt Rd look like the Taj Mahal.

Terry "

Well Tezza, my point still stands, you are a class act tool with a journalism cert. you must have found in a milo tin.

There is NO mention of sponsers jumping ship OR anyone being payed a million dollars dipshit !!

Nice attitude Tezz, any chance your letting your club bias get in the way of journalistic integrity. Oh wait.....hmmm, loads of one, none of the other I feel.
FFS :evil:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:The smug little prick is replying to his email, the snotty head up arse attitude is plain to see. I quote ...

"Tim,

Point to one inaccuracy.

As for my failing to address the Lovett situation, it was the Saints who refused to say on what grounds he had been dismissed, which I would have thought was the whole point of the press conference. They wouldn’t talk about his contract, the players’ attitudes, what clauses in his contract were breached or the timing of the sacking.

The decrepit state of the Saints venue for the presser, whether you find it uncomfortable to read about or not, is a fact. It is relevant because it presents St Kilda as a club that cannot afford to lose sponsors or, indeed, a million dollars. If that’s not the case, that’s certainly how it appears, and appearances count. I doubt you could find a junior netball club anywhere in Victoria who would accept that sort of facility, let alone an elite sporting organisation.

I’m sure you are a loyal Saints fan and proud of the club, but there wasn’t much pride on show in the neglected state of their media conference facility. It makes Punt Rd look like the Taj Mahal.

Terry "

Well Tezza, my point still stands, you are a class act tool with a journalism cert. you must have found in a milo tin.

There is NO mention of sponsers jumping ship OR anyone being payed a million dollars dipshit !!

Nice attitude Tezz, any chance your letting your club bias get in the way of journalistic integrity. Oh wait.....hmmm, loads of one, none of the other I feel.
FFS :evil:
So I was right, it's an attempt to make it look as if the reason for Lovett's sacking was a cash grab by the club. What a complete knob.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Terry Brown is a heart on sleeve diehard Collingwood supporter...and has said so in may of his articles

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Terry Brown is a heart on sleeve diehard Collingwood supporter...and has said so in may of his articles
He must have been quite proud of the state the Pies left Victoria Park in then?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
saint66au wrote:Terry Brown is a heart on sleeve diehard Collingwood supporter...and has said so in may of his articles
He must have been quite proud of the state the Pies left Victoria Park in then?
Well well that makes it even worse! Please people get on the email and serve it right up to this idiot.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why would you care. they can write what they like. Dont worry about it just chill out. Win a flag and all this crap stops until then some reporters will paint us in this light.