A win Friday night keeps us at Etihad next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

A win Friday night keeps us at Etihad next week

Just looked on the AFL website, and its locked in that if we win on Friday night, we play either Sydney or Carlton at Etihad on Saturday 27th.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
doppler effect
Club Player

And the loser has to play Adelaide in Alice Springs of all places :shock:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

doppler effect wrote:And the loser has to play Adelaide in Alice Springs of all places :shock:
FFS!! Serious??? Urrrgh! We need to win to avoid that....and just for that alone!

Love to see the Pies sent up there! :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Darren
Club Player

It'll be good if we win because I'll be able to go to that match against Syd/Carl. :)

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

To be honest, dont like our chances. They will be close to full strength, we shall be far from it !

fingers
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:To be honest, dont like our chances. They will be close to full strength, we shall be far from it !
Same here.

All I want on Friday is no injuries and some game time in the boys' legs.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am quite confident actually, I think our depth players and kids are very capable. Put yourselves in the shoe's of those who have not cemented a consistent spot in our side, this is their chance to shine.

saintnt
Club Player

St Luke wrote:
FFS!! Serious??? Urrrgh! We need to win to avoid that....and just for that alone!

Love to see the Pies sent up there!

I don't want to see the Pies up here. While I always love a Saints win, this week I don't care. It means I get to see my beloved Saints in my home town and get to take my daughter to her first match. BTW, we lost our first round NAB match last year to Brisbane in the wet up north, and yet it did affect our season. I only remember this, because I had to keep sneaking out of my wedding reception to get the scores![/quote]

Batnoe

People always go into the game against Collingwood thinking
'oh know, we are going to lose'

Heads up people, we dont play too badly against them, with our without our stars our structure intimidates the Pies. The play along the boundaries, and that is where we push teams, our zones will make it hard for them to score...

Pencil in a game against syd/carlton at etihad

BRING IT ON

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bloody hell i thought it was saturday
better book the day off then

posts mysteriously disappearing again???

Captain Impossible
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:People always go into the game against Collingwood thinking
'oh know, we are going to lose'

Heads up people, we dont play too badly against them, with our without our stars our structure intimidates the Pies. The play along the boundaries, and that is where we push teams, our zones will make it hard for them to score...

Pencil in a game against syd/carlton at etihad

BRING IT ON
Love your confidence! It'll be interesting to see if they now start playing through the middle now that they have an 'inside' player (Ball).

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

saintnt wrote:St Luke wrote:

Love to see the Pies sent up there!

I don't want to see the Pies up here. While I always love a Saints win, this week I don't care. It means I get to see my beloved Saints in my home town and get to take my daughter to her first match. BTW, we lost our first round NAB match last year to Brisbane in the wet up north, and yet it did affect our season. I only remember this, because I had to keep sneaking out of my wedding reception to get the scores!
Of course on the other hand there is always a long suffering Saints supporter who deserves the chance to see the boys in the flesh for once ;)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

even with our half strenght squad (to be honest i dont think our squad looks too bad ) we should be able to overcome Collingwood their best is not even close to our best and i still think we have the players accross the ground to beat them

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dont think we have a hope this week but I also couldnt give a stuff. All I hope for is no injuries and good games from Steven, Armo and Big Ben.

yipper
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Dont think we have a hope this week but I also couldnt give a stuff. All I hope for is no injuries and good games from Steven, Armo and Big Ben.
Ditto that.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Dont think we have a hope this week but I also couldnt give a stuff. All I hope for is no injuries and good games from Steven, Armo and Big Ben.
Ditto that.
i couldnt give a flog except for the tv viewing factor - which is good to be in the nab cup.

im pumped to see steven, stanley, peakey and the other newbies showing what they can do in the hat of battle.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
Ditto that.
I always have hope...even in the dark days of the 80's I always had hope 8-)

Apart from that 100% agree.

Injuries aside...the worst case scenario Friday night would be a loss, the only 2 players to impress are Roo and Joey..and Armo and Jack get 10 touches between them

Ideal result...a win, Armo and Jack share 40 touches, Kosi kicks 8, Peake has 10 inside 50's running off HB (playing on Didak)...and Joey and Roo spend the second half on the pine... not really required 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Given the whole 'media spotlight' shenanigans going down it might be said a trip to Alice could be a good - and galvanising - thing.

I have no expectations of our squad because I liove in Qld and have no idea about how half the squad goes...l

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

1 Leon Davis - people complain about milne going missing in games he is worse (no real worry for the Saints to cover)
3 John McCarthy - nothing that great
4 Alan Didak - usually kills us but will be good to see who picks him up
5 Nick Maxwell - hard at it but doesnt exactly raise fear into the opersition
6 Tyson Goldsack - not exactly a world beater
7 Paul Medhurst- aparently training the house down but will have Zac on his tail all night
8 Harry O’Brien - hes ok but not a matchwinner
10 Scott Pendlebury - the only decent mid CJ will tag him hard
11 Shane O’Bree - Meh
12 Luke Ball - i could write and essay on the scum but realistically he never made the opersition pay when in our colours cant see him doing it in theirs
13 Dale Thomas - another who can cause problems for us but again can be put off his game with close checking
15 Leigh Brown - HACK
16 Nathan Brown - Roo will destroy him if he gos CHB
17 Dayne Beams - still a kid
18 Darren Jolly- prob the best player in the filths squad will be a handfull for Bigmac gardi and king
19 Cameron Wood - not sold on him honestly is an also ran
20 Ben Reid - meh
21 Sharrod Wellingham - meh
22 Steele Sidebottom - will eventually be good but still a kid
24 Tarkyn Lockyer - hard worker and we will have to watch him
26 Ben Johnson - meh
30 Brent Macaffer- meh
31 Chris Dawes - who??
32 Travis Cloke - honestly Fisher has shut down better players
34 Alan Toovey - no fear of him
35 Simon Prestigiacomo - should have a good tussle with Kosi

so who will collingwood use to stop Roo, Kosi , Joey , Fisher , BJ , CJ, milne and Shnides cant see anyone who will hands down beat these guys

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:1 Leon Davis - people complain about milne going missing in games he is worse (no real worry for the Saints to cover)
7 Paul Medhurst- aparently training the house down but will have Zac on his tail all night
11 Shane O’Bree - Meh
12 Luke Ball - i could write and essay on the scum but realistically he never made the opersition pay when in our colours cant see him doing it in theirs
13 Dale Thomas - another who can cause problems for us but again can be put off his game with close checking
15 Leigh Brown - HACK
18 Darren Jolly- prob the best player in the filths squad will be a handfull for Bigmac gardi and king
20 Ben Reid - meh
26 Ben Johnson - meh
30 Brent Macaffer- meh
31 Chris Dawes - who??

so who will collingwood use to stop Roo, Kosi , Joey , Fisher , BJ , CJ, milne and Shnides cant see anyone who will hands down beat these guys
Very confident St.Trav. Got the blinkers on as usual. If u r going to do an assessment of an opposition team at least do it properly.

No Swan? Heath Shaw?

Opersition?? wtf? :?: :roll: :lol:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:1 Leon Davis - people complain about milne going missing in games he is worse (no real worry for the Saints to cover)
11 Shane O’Bree - Meh
15 Leigh Brown - HACK
20 Ben Reid - meh
26 Ben Johnson - meh
30 Brent Macaffer- meh
31 Chris Dawes - who??

Very confident St.Trav. Got the blinkers on as usual. If u r going to do an assessment of an opposition team at least do it properly.

No Swan? Heath Shaw?

Maybe he is being a bit blinkered & his spelling's not great . But I much prefer St.Trav's football related optimism to some of the other garbage being offered on other posts.

Footy - bring it on!!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Very confident St.Trav. Got the blinkers on as usual. If u r going to do an assessment of an opposition team at least do it properly.

No Swan? Heath Shaw?

He's right you know, you guys are lucky the AFL doesn't have religation...you wouldn't stand a chance against the Heywood magoos with that line-up. :wink:

St Trav's actually Noddy Holder...cum on the Saintz. :shock:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
11 Shane O’Bree - Meh
15 Leigh Brown - HACK
20 Ben Reid - meh
26 Ben Johnson - meh
30 Brent Macaffer- meh
31 Chris Dawes - who??

No Swan? Heath Shaw?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/n ... 5831340389 swan and shaw not mentioned in the team !!!

honestly im confident because even though we are missing a few we still have the core of the team that will beat most in the comp again i ask who will stop Roo ? who will beat Goddard ?? you reckon Ball will out run Joey ??
and finally OPPOSITION i appoligise a 1000 times for spelling a word wrong :roll:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im honestly not too fussed of the result

of friggin course a win is great and a win over the pies is fantastic
it means nothing
and now that we know the ground is in a shabby state it wouldnt bother me if both teams refused to play.

in some way i hope they win and bally has a blinder.

omfg
what am i saying??

im ready to go already
cant see myself moving to much from the box today
too warm

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

fingers wrote: Same here.

All I want on Friday is no injuries and some game time in the boys' legs.
+1.

No injuries is almost like a win in itself, especially at this time of year. Plus, I just want the young players to show their development and hopefully, how much they've improved.

Pies will be at full-strength aside from Fraser.