Why has this been forgotten so quickly??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

savatage
SS Life Member

Why has this been forgotten so quickly??

All this talk of Lovett's legal rights, blah blah blah.

When Lovett got arrested for his first offense - the media wouldn't stop shoving opinion pieces down our throats. A lot were saying we should've fired him then & there. It was justifiable to do so according to most of them.

Why now, with other issues included is it deemed innappropriate to do so now?

Regardless if he is guilty or not, the fact remains that he put himself in a terrible situation just shortly after being arrested for another offense at his brand new club whilst needing to make a good impression.

His job was to prove to this new club that he had turned the corner. All he has proven is that a leopard never changes its spots.

If we wanted to sack him after his first offense - it would've been justified even at that stage.

Sunday Red
Club Player

It sells papers. Duh.

Gives the media clowns something to write about.

savatage
SS Life Member

Sunday Red wrote:It sells papers. Duh.

Gives the media clowns something to write about.
My point is, we were justified to sack him after his first incident.

karnaby
Club Player

savatage wrote: My point is, we were justified to sack him after his first incident.
Maybe not quite justified. Certainly are now tho!

It seems to me that the so and sos talking about 'rights' are doing a good job of glossing over the responsibilities that earn rights in the 1st place.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
The Craw
Club Player

karnaby wrote:
savatage wrote: My point is, we were justified to sack him after his first incident.
Maybe not quite justified. Certainly are now tho!

It seems to me that the so and sos talking about 'rights' are doing a good job of glossing over the responsibilities that earn rights in the 1st place.
St Kilda couldn't sack him then. Lovett was under investigation. If they had it could have been deemed as prejudicial to the case.

Therefore St Kilda had to hold on until charges we either laid or dismissed.

Lovett was going to be sacked regardless, he broke is contractual obligations. It had nothing to do with the rape charge.

Not Craw, CRAW!
St.Rob8
Club Player

Of course if he was still training with us, the media would be screaming he should be stood down - or worse still, the AFL would stand him down.

We have handled it as well as we could have in the circumstances.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Where is the media having a go at us now. Most have said we have done the right thing.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Where is the media having a go at us now. Most have said we have done the right thing.
Agreed.

They are saying we did the wrong thing re recruiting him, which is probably true, but are saying that the Saints are justified in their actions in sacking him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Where is the media having a go at us now. Most have said we have done the right thing.
Agreed.

They are saying we did the wrong thing re recruiting him, which is probably true, but are saying that the Saints are justified in their actions in sacking him.
Disagreed.

Most have alluded to the fact that both the AFLPA and AL are investigating action against the club, as if they have the right/grounds to do so - which would indicate there is a belief throughout the media that the club have done the wrong thing.

Cheap shots at the club's recruiting procedures have suggested St Kilda has been seized by a meglomaniac and cheap shots at the condition of the clubrooms during the media conference suggested the St Kilda has sacked AL to save money.

St Kilda is most definately under fire from the media, which is surprising. Many posters here concluded that the way the club had handled the issue, and the assumptions made in various media reports, proved AL's guilt. Is it now the opposite?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Agreed.

Disagreed.

Most have alluded to the fact that both the AFLPA and AL are investigating action against the club, as if they have the right/grounds to do so - which would indicate there is a belief throughout the media that the club have done the wrong thing.

Cheap shots at the club's recruiting procedures have suggested St Kilda has been seized by a meglomaniac and cheap shots at the condition of the clubrooms during the media conference suggested the St Kilda has sacked AL to save money.

St Kilda is most definately under fire from the media, which is surprising. Many posters here concluded that the way the club had handled the issue, and the assumptions made in various media reports, proved AL's guilt. Is it now the opposite?
Maybe they are in Adelaide but here in our great town most have backed us. Nearlly all if not all the presenters on SEN have said we have done the right thing. I think we are getting confused with them having a go at recruiting AL. Now that is a different arguement and one that is nearly impossible for the club to win.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Agreed.

Disagreed.

Maybe they are in Adelaide but here in our great town most have backed us. Nearlly all if not all the presenters on SEN have said we have done the right thing. I think we are getting confused with them having a go at recruiting AL. Now that is a different arguement and one that is nearly impossible for the club to win.
Maybe in Adelaide? Gawd no...who's St Kilda? Who's Andre Lovell? I'm talking about the think pieces of read on the intrawebs, all of which originate from Melbourne.

I agree that AL's recruitment and his dismissal are two separate subjects, for which we will receive a spanking over the former. It's too bad other club's risks seem to come off, or don't dissolve in such spectacular style, because I don't believe St Kilda tasks any more risk decisions than any other club, or at least, I can't believe we have been so poorly advised over so many generations, the buck stopping with John Beveridge.

I don't have the benefit of SEN's gossip generation, the alternative here would be painful. Remember what I said about avoiding POV's you know will be disagreable

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Agreed.

Disagreed.

yes - to the stage this morning we had the breakfast presenters on SEN asking why were St.Kilda being portrayed by some as the bad guys in this.

I dont think the media has been OTT in critisism of the decision to sack him.

Draft him in the first place - well they have a point, as our coach Ross Lyon said.

Lyon made a mistake - so what? He showed he is human.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)