anyone found the dogs supporters are big noting themselves

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

anyone found the dogs supporters are big noting themselves

love how they win a pre-season cup they believe not only are they the ones to beat, complete champions of the world currently. They also believe they know whats wrong with every other side, especially stkilda. Have not seen a bunch of supporters of a pre-season cup winner talk so much s*** so early.....

Not wanted a team to fail so much as the dogs right now.... am I just a bitter man ????

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Nah I wouldn't think so Solar. Wouldn't be too concerned about the events of last Saturday night.

Hopefully we can knock the wind out of their sails come Sunday week. With the likes of Eagleton, Hahn and Johnson possibly missing a good opportunity arises for a reality check.

Everyone talks about their upside.....hmmm. They have 4 x 30+ players on their list who are seen to be pivotal to any successes this year.

The window is ajar albeit slightly.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Nah I wouldn't think so Solar. Wouldn't be too concerned about the events of last Saturday night.

Hopefully we can knock the wind out of their sails come Sunday week. With the likes of Eagleton, Hahn and Johnson possibly missing a good opportunity arises for a reality check.

Everyone talks about their upside.....hmmm. They have 4 x 30+ players on their list who are seen to be pivotal to any successes this year.

ok I'm a glutton for punishment listening to SEN but the "advice" given out by the dogs supporters and their bitterness over the free to roo in the prelim is over the top. I almost want you guys to knock them off ;)

jolly will be a beauty for you guys, very important player

FQF
In richo I trust

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Solar wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Nah I wouldn't think so Solar. Wouldn't be too concerned about the events of last Saturday night.

ok I'm a glutton for punishment listening to SEN but the "advice" given out by the dogs supporters and their bitterness over the free to roo in the prelim is over the top. I almost want you guys to knock them off ;)

jolly will be a beauty for you guys, very important player
SEN = Senile Extraordinairs Network.

Dont almost wish for us to knock them off cause i dont believe u... :lol:

Shane Wakelin used to be our go to player for Hall and handed his a55 to him on a few occasions. Not anymore. Will be a double team - one to play the space in his lead up and one to play behind.

Saintsfan
Club Player

The bulldogs are almost getting more attention from anyone by 'keeping a lid' on everything. It is probably deliberate

Barry Hall has been transformed by almost everyone into the friendly giant that will occassion in grevious bodily harm if you do wrong to him. It makes total sense right?

The Saintsfan Cometh
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

They spent a good deal of last year (on SEN) predicting they would burst the Saints' bubble (first in Rd 6, then Rd 17), and finally proclaiming it was "their year" just before the prelim.

The current meme is that "we've been in the last two prelims so this year the flag is all ours!"

Rather insulting when you think about it.

Still, they do seem very skilled across the ground. Could easily burn themselves out early, though.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Re: anyone found the dogs supporters are big noting themselv

Solar wrote:love how they win a pre-season cup they believe not only are they the ones to beat, complete champions of the world currently. They also believe they know whats wrong with every other side, especially stkilda. Have not seen a bunch of supporters of a pre-season cup winner talk so much s*** so early.....

Not wanted a team to fail so much as the dogs right now....
No you are quite right Solar - the over rated media darlings behaviour is/was disgraceful - never read a negative article about them

It's not just this year though - been going on for years - 20 years they've had the better of the free kick count

They believe all the crapola written about them, and act like ghods - but they're only tyre kickers
I also hope they majorly fail :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Thu 18 Mar 2010 5:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hold your ground :shock:
Solar
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Solar wrote:love how they win a pre-season cup they believe not only are they the ones to beat, complete champions of the world currently. They also believe they know whats wrong with every other side, especially stkilda. Have not seen a bunch of supporters of a pre-season cup winner talk so much s*** so early.....

Not wanted a team to fail so much as the dogs right now....
No you are quite right Solar - the over rated media darlings behaviour is/was disgraceful - never read a negative article about them

It's not just this year though - been going on for years

They believe all the crapola written about them, and act like ghods - but they're only tyre kickers
I also hope they majorly fail :shock:
look I'm fine fr the media to talk them up, but it's th attitude of the supporters that is getting on my nerve. All of a sudden they believe they were cheated out of the flag last year and every other side is inferior this year.

Was like the hawks supporters a few years ago, they have one good year and all of a sudden they can make critcal comment on other sides....

Hope it bites them on their butt this year

FQF
In richo I trust

fingers
Saintsational Legend

SNAKE!!!!! :shock:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I think Lyon was throwing a subtle little tactic in last weekend after the game in his press conference. Kept trying to pump up Barry's tyres. "The real story is Barry Hall,blah blah blah"..... keep the momentum building,it will fall. Ross knows Barry can't take to much spotlight.

On the dogs fans,they were sending text messages with gusto after the game last week. Facebook status's were updated,'dogs 2010 premiers' fan groups joined.

People have a soft spot for dogs supporters,not sure why. I've always found them one of the biggest whinging supporter groups you'll ever come across. Used to getting hand outs in life and playing the victim I suspect,it carry's over into the supporting

Bring back the Lockett era
degruch
Saintsational Legend

By round 17 they'll be on a losing streak, then limp into the finals, then lose their prelim...how many times do they have to do it?

saintlee
Club Player

Doggies fans are just excited. They haven't won anything for 40 years prior to the mickey mouse cup...let them have their moment.

I know I was quite excited when we won the 2004 preseason....now, I'm like meh...only a practice match! Its funny how your perceptions change with (relative) success...

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Its easy to let disappointment and frustration spill over into bitterness and resentment....look at ME! :twisted: I honestly don't begrudge the Bulldogs fans their "Bragging rights"..(they've waited LONG ENOUGH :lol: )
I agree though, that their club has been let off the hook by the media over a long period of time whereas our club has been scorned by one and all as a "basket case" with a "losing culture". One solitary Flag (56 years ago) and 40 years without a GF appearance of any sort (apparently) rates not a mention as a "losing culture" within the media.
Has anyone ever seen the doco "The year of the Dogs"? It gives a wonderful insight into the workings of a footy club, especially the way in which Wallace undermines Allan Joyce. Now what sort of "culture" does that show?
On Saturday night even before the game, I had the nagging feeling that we may lose, but really was not uptight or nervous. The Doggie fans behind me however were like men possessed! and when Roo got that free kick (which was a clear infringement BTW) I thought they would blow a gasket. They didn't seem to see the irony in the bagging of a champion as a "Cheating C***" from supporters of a club that had Libaratore and Romero as its heroes! (Selective amnesia :roll: ) Fast-forward to quarters 2&3 and these same "supporters" were bagging their own as the Saints came back at them!
I think the OP from Solar is pretty much spot-on as far as the Dogs fans attitude goes, but at the same time, if I cast my mind back to 2004, I reckon a few clubs supporters were getting peed off with "uppity Saints fans" Its part of the game is it not?
Its not so long ago that David Smorgon came onto the Footy show begging for any businesses out there to come and sponsor the Bulldogs and Eddie and Co banged the big drum for them before a car leasing firm "rescued" 'em.
Its a fact of life that footy supporters will throw out their chests aafter success. How many Hawthorn scarves materialised between 06 and 09?
I often see folks wearing the colours of other teams at our home games, I often go to other games but would never think of wearing my colours. Its like disrespecting someones home (or is that just me being naive :roll: )
The bottom-line is, they won we didn't ..big deal! Let's see who is the better club over the journey to the "big one"
Regards to all

Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

The dogs are an amazingly fantastic side with a gun full forward. They should be flag favourites now.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Flag favourites Ralph? I'd prefer to see how they're going after eleven rounds. Yes they are a very very good side, and I am looking forward to playing 'em again in round six.
No resentment toward 'em from me, though as my previous post said; a wee bit of humility goes a long way in winning respect.

StSteven
Club Player

saintlee wrote:Doggies fans are just excited. They haven't won anything for 40 years prior to the mickey mouse cup...let them have their moment.

I know I was quite excited when we won the 2004 preseason....now, I'm like meh...only a practice match! Its funny how your perceptions change with (relative) success...
Guilty also......even got excited by our "streak". Over all that now and just longing for a proper flag (preferably two).

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:Flag favourites Ralph?
You aren't understanding me! You need to help us heap the pressure onto them,.
Pile the pressure on as much as possible. Every little bit of difference helps.

The media read forums such as this, chaos theory. It will flow on into articles in papers etc. The dogs will feel pressured and may buckle when it counts.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hmmmmm? can catch your drift Ralph, but personally I would be concerned if we're putting our Premiership hopes into other teams "buckiling under pressure" rather than us being the best we can be.
But agree that other sides "buckling under pressure" can do us no harm!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Not wanted a team to fail so much as the dogs right now.... am I just a bitter man ????
A lot like saint supporters after 96...............a GF win along time coming(even if Preseason).

Our supporters were so over the top the presentation was swamped by a huge ground invasion of those behaving like we had won the big one etc..........

see no different here.

saint4life
Quixote
SS Life Member

A little rivalry has begun there is no doubt.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:A little rivalry has begun there is no doubt.
The rivalry round might mean something for once, instead of 'erm, lets put the Dogs and the Saints together, they lose a lot'.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Can't say I blame them. First premiership of any kind since 1970 and looked nothing short of brilliant last Saturday. Let them have their moment, let the president say 'they should fear no one', let them believe that they are near unbeatable, let Hall continue to rise as the potential new Messiah. They also have few injuries, amazing depth and haven't been distracted by a favourite son walking and being replaced by a basket case who couldn't make it through to the new year with out getting his hands dirty.

It is interesting how Dog fans are now experts on all things St Kilda. Then again, the Pies were no different when they got Ball. All of sudden, they too became experts on all things Luke Ball and St Kilda.

Apart from when they play Sydney, Round 1 will be one of those rare exceptions when I say 'Go Pies'. Though I reckon the Dogs will win at least their first three or four matches, as their confidence will be sky high.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

No..Doogies fans are basically ok.

Sure they are excited and happy now. But why should they not be?

Personally I think that it is us, the Ctas and The Dogs as the main contenders this year.

With Hall in 2010, the Dogs have to be that bit bette than they werer...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote:
They also have few injuries, amazing depth and haven't been distracted by a favourite son walking and being replaced by a basket case...................

.............Round 1 will be one of those rare exceptions when I say 'Go Pies'......
This. For the first time in my life, I will be hoping for a Collingwood win as well :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Dogs fans are better than the old Whitten oval days. There are good reasons first cousins should refrain from breeding.

Anyway we saints fans used to get the patronizing everybody's second team crap I'd rather be hated because we're good.

We know the psychological mountain that is the preliminary final. We will find it easier next time we get there. The Bulldogs seemed to do what we always did in the past and crumble at the final hurdle.