O'Hailipin 4.3 on Goose

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

O'Hailipin 4.3 on Goose

What'd everyone think? I didn't watch much.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Badlands
Club Player

Thought the Goose went ok. Also thought he spent most of the night on Lachie Henderson. Looks quicker than he was last time he went round for us. Either way, stoked for the boy that he's playing AFL footy again.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
saintnick12
Club Player

Don't think he was on him the whole time.
Gave away two goals
Did some good things
Got 100 supercoach points and is in my team so I'm happy :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

o'hailpin

degruch
Saintsational Legend

We played Brisbane tonight? :wink:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:We played Brisbane tonight? :wink:
good point, degruch. should be on opp forum

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
degruch wrote:We played Brisbane tonight? :wink:
good point, degruch. should be on opp forum
There's a couple there already...seems to be a Goose fixation of late. Whilst we're all sad to see him go, he ain't no Russell Greene, so I'm not sure I understand the immense interest.

Saintsfan
Club Player

He didn't play exclusively on O'hAlpin all night. He moved between defenders and looked to spend more time on Henderson than others.

He looked solid again. A few clangers that have almost become part of his game with us early on however he seems to settle down throughout the game.

I would still have him in our team at the moment because Blake plays CHB/FB now depending on the match ups. He is a good option as a third tall defender and his kicking is still a plus

The Saintsfan Cometh
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:He didn't play exclusively on O'hAlpin all night. He moved between defenders and looked to spend more time on Henderson than others.

He looked solid again. A few clangers that have almost become part of his game with us early on however he seems to settle down throughout the game.

I would still have him in our team at the moment because Blake plays CHB/FB now depending on the match ups. He is a good option as a third tall defender and his kicking is still a plus
Doesn't play for us anymore. End of story. Opp forum.

Saintsfan
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:He didn't play exclusively on O'hAlpin all night. He moved between defenders and looked to spend more time on Henderson than others.

Oh okay thanks for that. That was a complete waste of time informing me of that. But thank you anyway. I don't care what forum a topic is on I am going to post regardless. But again, thanks.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Oh okay thanks for that. That was a complete waste of time informing me of that. But thank you anyway. I don't care what forum a topic is on I am going to post regardless. But again, thanks.
That's ok. Glad I could help you. So do you drive to the footy or catch the train. You did say you didn't care what forum a topic is on and you would post on a topic regardless.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Fri 02 Apr 2010 1:17am, edited 1 time in total.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

We have threads on former players in here all the time. It only seems to be a problem if they currently play for a different club. There's clearly a Saints-related question as to whether we should have kept Goose implied in these threads.

Personally, I think keeping Goose at Sandy as a backup would have been cruel and unusual punishment. If there's a team out there willing to play him in their 22, then I'm glad he's there rather than here. He's not a kid. It's not likely that he ever would have passed the likes of Fisher, Gilbert or Dawson. His career would have hinged on the health of our starters. I'm not sure he would have been in the team right now.

I think the current arrangement is much healthier. Goose gets to play AFL footy every week and we get to develop a kid in his place. The kid is probably cheaper too. Our defence looks just fine without him as it has for quite some time. I wish Goose well as I loved the way he played. I don't think we made a mistake letting him go.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:We have threads on former players in here all the time. It only seems to be a problem if they currently play for a different club. There's clearly a Saints-related question as to whether we should have kept Goose implied in these threads.

Personally, I think keeping Goose at Sandy as a backup would have been cruel and unusual punishment. If there's a team out there willing to play him in their 22, then I'm glad he's there rather than here. He's not a kid. It's not likely that he ever would have passed the likes of Fisher, Gilbert or Dawson. His career would have hinged on the health of our starters. I'm not sure he would have been in the team right now.

I think the current arrangement is much healthier. Goose gets to play AFL footy every week and we get to develop a kid in his place. The kid is probably cheaper too. Our defence looks just fine without him as it has for quite some time. I wish Goose well as I loved the way he played. I don't think we made a mistake letting him go.
Fair call. Good post. Seriously.

saintnick12
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:We have threads on former players in here all the time. It only seems to be a problem if they currently play for a different club. There's clearly a Saints-related question as to whether we should have kept Goose implied in these threads.

+1

Very good post.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Goose looked like a dude who had only played 1 game of footy in 2 years to me.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

he was very average, as per usual

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Goose is King.

I dont bother looking in the opposition forum so Im glad these threads are in this forum.

Goose was good enough last night and will clearly get better. Im happy he is playing AFL and I dont think the speed of the game has passed him as many seem to think.

Its important that Goose is in a good team that is winning in his first game until he gets back to his best. I still believe his best is yet to come. Go Goose you are King.

Saintsfan
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

That's ok. Glad I could help you. So do you drive to the footy or catch the train. You did say you didn't care what forum a topic is on and you would post on a topic regardless.
Now you are being childish. I could not care less what forum the topic of Goose is on hence why I post anyway. I do not feel the need to tell others where a post should go or where a topic should go especially considering this is an internet forum where I will never meet any of you anyway.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

He didn't put himself in the right places to get the ball and made a few errors when he got near it. The only thing going for him is his kicking

Another opportunity awaits!
Saints43
Club Player

Moccha wrote:He didn't put himself in the right places to get the ball and made a few errors when he got near it. The only thing going for him is his kicking
I noticed his positioning (when the ball was on the ground) too but I am puting it down to not playing regularly since 2007. Footy has changed a fair bit from when he played week in, week out. He still took a couple of marks that cut out carlton attacks so that is a good sign.

Any player who plays in a carlton loss has had a good game IMO.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Umm, he was bloody ordinary. As RF said - looks like someone playing his 2nd AFL game in as many years.

Good luck for the future - but I'm not sold.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Quixote wrote:Umm, he was bloody ordinary. As RF said - looks like someone playing his 2nd AFL game in as many years.

Good luck for the future - but I'm not sold.
+1

Right decision made to off-load him, even though I was critical at the time.

Good ordinary player..... nothing special.... injury has prevented him from filling his full potential...... good luck to him at the Lions.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Definitely St Kilda-related because it raises the question that most of us feel hasn't been appropriately answered: why did we let him go?

The better he plays elsewhere, the harder it is to accept why we cut him adrift when we're in desperate need of help of Zac.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Definitely St Kilda-related because it raises the question that most of us feel hasn't been appropriately answered: why did we let him go?

The better he plays elsewhere, the harder it is to accept why we cut him adrift when we're in desperate need of help of Zac.
True and the more average he plays, the more we think it was the correct decision for both parties

vacuous space
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:The better he plays elsewhere, the harder it is to accept why we cut him adrift when we're in desperate need of help of Zac.
Zac looked fine against Sydney. Bradshaw only kicked one. I'm not sure what sort of help Goose could have offered him. We already have Blake, Gilbert and Gwilt who can provide assistance. Fisher should be back soon enough. I'm not sure where Goose would fit into this team.

Yeah nah pleasing positive