How did that C Grade ruckman Gardiner go tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

maverick
Saintsational Legend

How did that C Grade ruckman Gardiner go tonight

Tongue in cheek (a little bit) St Mart, but for me, tonight showed me why he is B grade.

His pack bursting marks, ability to go forward and provide a contest and his agression around stoppages makes him a good ruckman for mine.

Top game tonight IMHO

Solar
Saintsational Legend

this is the level he needs to be more often. Can turn a match and inspired them in the huddle when chips went down.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: How did that C Grade ruckman Gardiner go tonight

he was great. gave us something to kick to a la kosi and revved them up nicely in the huddle when they came back out after half time

Legendary
Club Player

Thought King was sensational too. Experience counts when the pressure is on.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Actually thought that RL was vindicated in spades re both ruckmen tonight. Even Kingy started taking a couple of grabs :D Both were great I reckon. Jolly was terrible and Fraser not much better.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Was going to bump my thread from last week, but you beat me to it....

The guy is a very skilled ruckman, no doubt. However I also took note that he was one of the one's that stood up and made a statement when the game was on the line.

Love, that he is loving his footy.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Actually thought that RL was vindicated in spades re both ruckmen tonight. Even Kingy started taking a couple of grabs :D Both were great I reckon. Jolly was terrible and Fraser not much better.
Fraser has always been terrible,he's a better No.1 pick than Richard Lounder but that's about it..... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Superb tonight

Gardy played as good a games last year = at least 4....but unfortunately there are 22 in a season.....age, injury and form hurts his consistancy...this is backed up by his B&F place and his stats....

When the 'big show' is on he can dominate.....but he is not always on....rather like Kosi...

He was once an elite ruckman....he knows the caper....but whilst the mind may be willing....the body is not always...has definitely repaid the recruiters faith but...for pick 43

good to see I stirred some emotion but

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

When the players came over after the game to hand out the footballs, Gardi came over to Ailse 38 to everybody clapping and cheering and twice he turned around and looked at the crowd and made the victory fist and he was just as excited about the victory and wanted the supporters to know he felt it as much as they did.

Well done Gardi.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:When the players came over after the game to hand out the footballs, Gardi came over to Ailse 38 to everybody clapping and cheering and twice he turned around and looked at the crowd and made the victory fist and he was just as excited about the victory and wanted the supporters to know he felt it as much as they did.

Well done Gardi.
Yeah didnt he love it. That really got me when he did that, I had heard he is a very good club man, but that showed how much the win meant to him. And to want to share it with the fans too. He stepped up last night big time, and won me over (not that he didnt have me at hello) :wink:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Absolutely love your work, Gardi.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

[quote="ozrulestrace"]When the players came over after the game to hand out the footballs, Gardi came over to Ailse 38 to everybody clapping and cheering and twice he turned around and looked at the crowd and made the victory fist and he was just as excited about the victory and wanted the supporters to know he felt it as much as they did.

Well done Gardi.[/quote

Great photo of this in hs

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Thought Gardy was good all night, draws a line and no opposition player dares cross it. A genuine leader who appears to be loving his time at St Kilda.

I was concerned for King's future at half time, I felt he was struggling to run and only moving between the 50 metre arcs, not making himself a target in the forward 50 or helping deep in defence. But after half time he was great, between the two they set the tone in the centre and around the ground. Inspired others to follow them.

Best combined game by both IMO.

Duggie
Club Player

Plays like he talks-- straight from the shoulder.
But it gripes me when the commentators always like to hark back to his friendship with Cousins as though it is a black mark against him. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
bergsone
SS Life Member

Sorry missed this,just commented on another thread how good he was.Had him in my votes,best big man on ground easily,imo both King & Gardiner were good ,but what i really liked is that they were right there the longer the game went,so their fitness must be good

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I get the feeling he feels he owes the Saints. He's only playing because we gave him a chance that no other club would have given. I reckon he wants to make himself a Saintsman. Seems to enjoy a win and belting out the song. I'll never forget that goal he kicked to win the game against the Cats last year.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.