Refuse to be negative

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Refuse to be negative

I completely refuse to be negative, no matter what the media and the opposition supporters at my work say. They can stick their negative comments and vibes.

I have faith in the talent of our players and our coaching staff and I have faith that Nick will take the field for the Saints again this season.
We have a talented list and the ability to win.

Im sure some will think this too flowery and that Im living in red,white and black lala land but so be it.

Come what may I have faith in the Sainters for 2010

For any that have lost their optimism or faith you can share mine, Ive got plenty to go around.
Last edited by TazzieSaintGirl83 on Mon 12 Apr 2010 10:43am, edited 1 time in total.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
35...LEGEND
Club Player

hear,hear....it aint over till the Fat Lady is singin' OH WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHIN IN, late afternoon on that last Saturday in September.

Show em SAINTERS.

saintnick12
Club Player

Rohan Conolly seems to be in support. Good to hear some media support rather than the doom and gloom of premiership chances down the drain that we first heard after the injury.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... -s0t3.html

This will be a year for the true believers....

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Good link, thanks for that.

Of course I had the heart crushing moment when Roo got hurt but my heart was full of pride watching the rest of the game unfold.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Rohan Conolly seems to be in support. Good to hear some media support rather than the doom and gloom of premiership chances down the drain that we first heard after the injury.

It's not just a question of his support. He's spot on.

We've lost a star player in Roo, that's sure and certain. But we have guys who will crawl all over each other for the chance to fill Roo's boots. Adelaide will struggle to get Glenelg Reserves on the park this weekend. And the Dogs look like they've lost Picken, Hargrave and Aker for stretches. On the latter, imagine if in one game we lost say Jones, Gilbert and Montagna or similar?

It's a long year. We are in Round 3. We are a FORTRESS. Fire up, I say.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

We have enough players to maintain the structure of the game plan.

A win is not possible, it is more than probable.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Too right Thinline and GrumpyOne!

Hold strong Sainters

saintnick12
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:Rohan Conolly seems to be in support. Good to hear some media support rather than the doom and gloom of premiership chances down the drain that we first heard after the injury.

It's not just a question of his support. He's spot on.

We've lost a star player in Roo, that's sure and certain. But we have guys who will crawl all over each other for the chance to fill Roo's boots. Adelaide will struggle to get Glenelg Reserves on the park this weekend. And the Dogs look like they've lost Picken, Hargrave and Aker for stretches. On the latter, imagine if in one game we lost say Jones, Gilbert and Montagna or similar?

It's a long year. We are in Round 3. We are a FORTRESS. Fire up, I say.
Agree. Its just good to see some in the media articulating how we will go about it, rather than all the hysteria and doom and gloom of losing our best player from our team. We play such a team structured game. That will surely help us. Connolly's article spells that out for those in the footy world who don't understand our structures and gameplan like most of us do.

I also heard James Brayshaw on MMM talking up the saints on Saturday. He said he had driven home devestated by the loss against us last Saturday night, though was able to conslole himself with the thought that he had proabably just witnessed the premiers. He then said after witnessing our resolve in overcoming such adversity on Friday night, he was even more impressed if that were possible.
Gotta say I agree. I was so proud on Friday night....its a matter now of carrying it forward.

As I said, 2010 will be a year for the true believers.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Agree wholeheartedly! I thought that Mark Robinson's article in the Saturday Herald Sun ("hoo roo flag" ) was a particularly hysterical piece of garbage...gee that bloke is a total tool.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Agree wholeheartedly! I thought that Mark Robinson's article in the Saturday Herald Sun ("hoo roo flag" ) was a particularly hysterical piece of garbage...gee that bloke is a total tool.
And he smells. Seriously. I've caught a whiff. The bloke is a slob. It shows in his writing.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Surprisingly not everyone has wrote us off.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... -s0t3.html

Surprisingly not everyone has wrote us off.

good positive article...echoes my thoughts....the saints are just too good to write off...other teams can take them lightly at their own peril.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
DJKCR
Club Player

I am amazed anyone is too stressed about what is going on. It has been our defence which has been winning us matches. Roo being out is a concern but everyone is carrying on like he has done an ACL. He will be back we will win more than lose whilst he is out of the team. And should be tip top by Finals time

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

DJKCR wrote:I am amazed anyone is too stressed about what is going on. It has been our defence which has been winning us matches. Roo being out is a concern but everyone is carrying on like he has done an ACL. He will be back we will win more than lose whilst he is out of the team. And should be tip top by Finals time
And without diminishing the seriousness of things, I'd take this and winning 2 of every 3 rather than being 22 and zip only to have it happen in the qualifying final...

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

We have time to reorganize our forward structure before this Sunday.
Our boys will be eager to continue their good form

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:We have time to reorganize our forward structure before this Sunday.
Our boys will be eager to continue their good form
We won't reorganize our forward structure, just the personnel.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

By reorganize I did mean a change of faces.... perhaps my wording was incorrect..

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:We have enough players to maintain the structure of the game plan.

A win is not possible, it is more than probable.
Exactly. The media are just carrying on because it helps them sell newspapers etc, while those who support other clubs are just using wishful thinking.
If they saw Friday's game, or our incredible win against Hawthorn last year (with about 8 of our top 10 out, people), or even the GF, where Roo struggled, they'll know full well we can win anywhere, anytime.
I just hope that those who have a negative attitude seriously stay home until he's back, because the team doesn't need that energy around.
Where there's a will, there's a way and we're going to find it.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

great article!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Indeed it will, and the collective is always more important than the individual, no matter how classy the individual.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saintnick12
Club Player

True Believer wrote:

Indeed it will, and the collective is always more important than the individual, no matter how classy the individual.
Like your forum name :wink:

I liked James Hird's comments tonight that a premiership win would be all the sweeter if Nick was able to get through this and get back and make a meaningful contribution. Nick is a true believer and as Hirdy said, he has great mental strength and his ability to get through this and show great leadership around the club will have a lot to do with how we go this year.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Not to concerned re Nick - I actually think our game plan works better without one definitive target - it's just that when you have the most dominating forward in the comp you naturally use him to full extent. Even if coached otherwise, individuals under pressure would seek him out rather than look for other options.
My only worry is if he comes back for finals underdone and the team falls back into over reliance to our detriment.
We shall see over the season whether this is so, but I'm looking forward to seeing how we adapt.
And at the very least Kosi can now crash packs without us fearing he'll do Nick an injury :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: And at the very least Kosi can now crash packs without us fearing he'll do Nick an injury :wink:
That is actually a very good point, he will be able to approach each contest with the mindset that it's completely his own.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
desertsaint wrote: And at the very least Kosi can now crash packs without us fearing he'll do Nick an injury :wink:
That is actually a very good point, he will be able to approach each contest with the mindset that it's completely his own.
Yes I was worried when the news had 4 Saints players in for scans at the one time including Roo and Kosi....just hoped they were in separate rooms :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....