Francis Leach on Malthouse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St George
Club Player

Francis Leach on Malthouse

OK. Let’s get the formalities out of the way.

I am a St Kilda supporter and in that sense, yes, it’s personal.

Regardless of that, the truth is impervious to my humble aspirations. And one thing we learnt from Friday’s torrid encounter between St Kilda and Collingwood is clear.

Even with the kindest interpretation, Mick Malthouse lied.

Following the spiteful first quarter of the game between St.kilda and Collingwood, Malthouse engaged in an obvious and very direct verbal exchange with St Kilda’s Stephen Milne that was captured clearly on television cameras.

Milne, who is the object of innumerable taunts wherever he plays, took particular objection to what was said. So much so, that much to Collingwood’s detriment, he was inspired to turn in one of his finest performances. In the absence of injured skipper Nick Reiwoldt, Milne was the lightning rod up forward that helped the Saints to a famous victory.

Check the record. These are the facts.

As is this from Michael Malthouse. When asked about the quarter time incident directly after the game he said: "I didn't have words to the Saints' players ... let's get that right from the start."

Mick, let’s get this straight from the start. That was a bold, deliberate and blatant lie.

Because late on Sunday night, Michael Malthouse issued an apology through the club. "I apologise to Stephen Milne for comments I made in the heat of the moment, which were wrong and I retract them. I accept that after 27 years as a coach I should know better than to respond to incidents like this," the statement read.

Milne acknowledged he was complicit in stoking the fires, questioning Malthouse’s record and age, whilst reports have circulated that he questioned Collinwood assistant coach and former player, Paul Licuria’s sexuality.

Idiot central all round.
The difference is, Malthouse, as senior coach and with aspirations to be an elder statesman for the game, should have known better.

To raise the 2004 allegations like he did (Milne has no conviction or criminal charges against his name) smacked of the actions of an adolescent schoolyard bully.

All of this, from the coach that wanted to shake hands with the umpires pre-game to promote harmony and fair play.

Malthouse is a man who no doubt understands the importance of procedural fairness and the rule of law. He certainly made the case for it in relation to Alan Didak and Heath Shaw in regards to their various misdemeanours.

He wasn’t prepared to follow through on his conviction in regards to Milne.

And then we had to hear him to tell a bare-faced fib about it with the sort of indignity usually reserved for the sanctimonious or deluded.
It’s coming to a close for Malthouse. His last flag came in 1994, when Paul Keating was Prime Minister, “Muriel’s Wedding“ was killing it at the box office and our telephone numbers went to eight digits.

Maybe that’s what is at the heart of it all. Despite the cult of Mick that runs deep inside footy’s “beltwayâ€

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Good on you Lecchy! Thank f*** journos that support a club, arent afraid to back the club ffs! Not like some media squibbs like that knob Mark "card carrying member of the media, I support the game" Doran. Thank the lord he is gone.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Well said. *applauds*

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WOW! onya Francis me owld tater! And what can we expect from the "soapbox" tonight? Those magpie callers are gonna be at your throat, but we should ALL be ready with the speed dial to get in and fly the flag!
Go Saints! Go Toffees!

Dave in Murrumbeena!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Is that a quote from an article or is Franice Leach the poster known as St.George?

Very good BTW.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St George
Club Player

No joffaboy, I'm not Francis. I cut & pasted his article from www.backpagelead.com.au which is quite new and very good. They email me daily, even weekends. Cheers.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Nice one! You'll be getting my PM to Francis!!!!! Wonder if Francis will be amused? :lol: :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Reckon this is an even better spray toward the old bastard Malthouse

http://www.backpagelead.com.au/afl/929- ... or-tirade-

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Is Licca gay?

BakesFan
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:Is Licca gay?
Well he didn't seem to happy on Friday night.
Maybe he's alot more gay today.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Where is Frank tonight on SEN?

Did this article get him sacked?

SEN has a history of sacking people that call it how it is, not how they (SEN) think it is...

After all MM is SENs new recruit.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Well spoken Francis.

BTW where are you today on SEN, we needed someone to put those idiot Collingwood supporters in their box when they rang up to whinge.

Quite frankly, they Collingwood supporters if they were ever to make a police statement as a witness they'd be lousy witnesses because such has the turn around been in what actually happened, one caller Milne started the whole incident.

Maybe that guy went to the "Michael Mathouse School of Witness Statements. See nuttin', say it all"

Leo.J
SS Life Member

ozrulestrace wrote:Well spoken Francis.

BTW where are you today on SEN, we needed someone to put those idiot Collingwood supporters in their box when they rang up to whinge.

Quite frankly, they Collingwood supporters if they were ever to make a police statement as a witness they'd be lousy witnesses because such has the turn around been in what actually happened, one caller Milne started the whole incident.

Maybe that guy went to the "Michael Mathouse School of Witness Statements. See nuttin', say it all"
Normally they say where they are, when a host is absent...nothing today.

As I said above MM works for SEN, Frank might be gone after this article.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

here is the link to the OP original post
http://www.backpagelead.com.au/afl/934- ... milne-fib-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: Normally they say where they are, when a host is absent...nothing today.

but most if not all their commentators have taken the view that Mick would and should be fined... and censured.,

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Leo.J
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
Leo.J wrote: Normally they say where they are, when a host is absent...nothing today.

but most if not all their commentators have taken the view that Mick would and should be fined... and censured.,
If someone as pigheaded as MM read Franks article do you think he'd be happy to work with Frank, or at the same place.

That article is a little different to saying he should be fined.

And I don't think any of them outright said that he's a liar, most of the wording was along the lines of 'it appears that MM has lied...'

Where as Frank let rip with -

"...Mick, let’s get this straight from the start. That was a bold, deliberate and blatant lie..."

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

If someone as pigheaded as MM read Franks article do you think he'd be happy to work with Frank, or at the same place.

That article is a little different to saying he should be fined.

And I don't think any of them outright said that he's a liar, most of the wording was along the lines of 'it appears that MM has lied...'

Where as Frank let rip with -

"...Mick, let’s get this straight from the start. That was a bold, deliberate and blatant lie..."
Well I don't think the AFL would have a problem with it (GT's problem was the AFL).

Are you suggesting that there might be recriminations from MMM on air personality President Eddie Maquire towards rival radio station SEN over this?
What do you reckon he could use as a threat to them that would make them act along the lines you may be suggesting?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

nah.....just too pretty to be a filth coach...he's got teeth......looks out of place.......milne can be forgiven for his error......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Btw I'm not saying that he should be sacked or will be sacked.

I'm just a little concerned by his absence on the radio tonight.

It's not the first time that someone has disappeared from the SEN airwaves.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:Btw I'm not saying that he should be sacked or will be sacked.

They said he was in Sydney attending something to do with the FFA, I don't think he has been pulled :wink:

sainter35
Club Player

I only caught the last 10 or 15 minutes of The Run Home but I'm sure they mentioned he'd be back tomorrow.

As for the article, well said Francis. Great stuff!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
Well he didn't seem to happy on Friday night.
Maybe he's alot more gay today.
Must be. Saints don't lie. :wink:

Seriously though. Licuria does look kinda glossy...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Leo.J
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Btw I'm not saying that he should be sacked or will be sacked.

They said he was in Sydney attending something to do with the FFA, I don't think he has been pulled :wink:
Thanks for that.

I don't think Franks got a lady friend atm, so maybe getting pulled wouldn't be all bad for Leachy

sainter35
Club Player

He's married isn't he?