Brian Waldron

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Brian Waldron

Sounds like a total flog of a bloke.

Anyone else like me really happy we have moved on from the butters flash harry years?

New regime seems like a safe pair of hands without all the try hard suburban rockstar showbags cub stuff that butters and his mates brought to the club.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Is probably a lovely bloke who made some very poor decisions.

There's plenty of those around too.

His reputation 4 days ago was one of the best sports administrators in the country. It's a terrible shame on a number of levels that he decided for whatever reason to forgo the rule book.

I always enjoyed listening to him in his guest spots on SEN, he was always very insightful, rather than the contrived BS that numerous journo's deliver up.

Hope he & his family can recover from this. My opinion may change if St Kilda finds itself in a similar predicament to the Storm however.

aussiejones
Club Player

Should have known better...
But if everone was really doing it then this is the tip of the iceberg.
Sure player managers would know even if kept quiet in the club.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Is probably a lovely bloke who made some very poor decisions.

His reputation 4 days ago was one of the best sports administrators in the country. It's a terrible shame on a number of levels that he decided for whatever reason to forgo the rule book.

I always enjoyed listening to him in his guest spots on SEN, he was always very insightful, rather than the contrived BS that numerous journo's deliver up.

Hope he & his family can recover from this. My opinion may change if St Kilda finds itself in a similar predicament to the Storm however.
save ur sympathy for the few billion people in the world doing it tougher than waldron. from all reports hes a total flog.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... -tj93.html

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:Is probably a lovely bloke who made some very poor decisions.

save ur sympathy for the few billion people in the world doing it tougher than waldron. from all reports hes a total flog.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... -tj93.html
From newspaper reports or some other source Con?

I spoke to him a few times when he was at the Saints & he was always very happy to chat about St Kilda.

I've got plenty of sympathy for people from all walks of life. Simple fact is that he did some dodgy business. He hasn't killed anyone or bashed them for no reason. He probably thought that he was doing he right thing in some severely messed up way.

Saintsfan
Club Player

The Storm were on and still are a hiding to nothing in a city where the sport is never going to be accepted. If this was never found out we would still be applauding him as one of our own regardless of who he allegedly starting shagging

The Saintsfan Cometh
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote: who he allegedly starting shagging
The shagging was not the problem.

The problem was that the "alleged" shaggee was given undeserved promotions...and a Club BMW.

Said shagee later gained a job at the Storm...though this time the shaggee rather than the shagger was shown the door.

All "allegedly' of course. :wink:

The problem that Saints had was you had 3 key people that all came to the Saints with good intentions and wanting the Saints to thrive. I have no doubt of this. All 3 did good works initially. Two were on salary (though one was not initially), and as such had additional responsibility.

Unfortunately all three came to see the Saints as their plaything though and abused the tust in them from the members in various ways. Thomas's quote yesterday about how dysfuntional they were just reconfirms this.

It unfortunately became what was good for the individual's ego, rather than what was best for club.

All three ended up regarding it as "their" club.....it was not..it was "our" club.

All three were pushed out or sacked, and rightly so.

Thank god all 3 are gone.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 24 Apr 2010 6:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Beej
Saintsational Legend

I would

karnaby
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Thank god all 3 are gone.
Couldn't agree more. The processes involved in moving on were often very painful but we are so much better off for having done so.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
na exa
Club Player

Waldron left several weeks later, telling staff he was joining the Melbourne Storm. Butterss, already at odds with his former close friend and then coach Grant Thomas, lost the confidence of key administrators when Waldron - who was also a close friend of Butterss' - was afforded a generous payout from the cash-strapped club.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
na exa
Club Player

and from rocketrod/the clubs spiritual advisor ....ie , her mouth to my ears

rocket didnt/wouldnt make the decision ...she did.

:wink:

take it as you want.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Waldron did a lot of good around the place, don't forget that he gave us some terrific service.

But I can't say I'm wholly supportive of some of these revelations re: promotions and BMWs, etc. Really disappointing.

What is it about St Kilda that seems to turn good people bad...

:P

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

overitalready
Club Player

Well...Caroline Wilson yet again shows she is not a sports journo, but rather a gossip columnist. I wonder how much of her stuff is actually true? Some of it would be speculation !! She appears to thrive on the sensational stuff, and the saucier, the better...she is a stirrer !!!

Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, an unselfish woman- what do they all have in common? Answer- we would all like to believe they are true, but they are all fictional.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

was known at the time here that Brian left because of his personal relationship with an employee

na exa
Club Player

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
It was to GT.

Which was why he fell out with Waldron.

And why he fell out with Butterss too.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
It was to GT.

Which was why he fell out with Waldron.

And why he fell out with Butterss too.
Good to see then that you admit that GT let his personal feelings get in the way of his responsibilties as coach.

PS: Did we lose tonight since I note that you are on????

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Good to see then that you admit that GT let his personal feelings get in the way of his responsibilties as coach.
I'm not sure what you mean by that comment? Could you please elaborate?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
You said that it was the shagging that was the problem..

If you are correct, that is clearly a value judgement by GT. Whether one likes another employee or not, or what they do in their "free" time, you should not allow it to intefere with what you are paid to do.

I have had to work with lots of people that I have not liked for various reasons over the years. But work is work and so I do not let my personal value system interfere with how I perform my duties.

Whereas I said it was Waldron misusing his position to favour another employee (ie promotion, vehicle...) that led to his departure.

na exa
Club Player

what was going on , ripped apart the fabric of what was attempting to be achieved.

it wasnt gt versus the rest ,...he already had enough on his plate.

it was happening in St Kilda TIME , using St Kilda RESOURCES , and perpertrating the DISCO DAZE culture we were SET on changing.

producing fine young men / leaders , with the clubs best interests at heart ... in a hypocritical environment ... do as we say , not as we do.

(more talk the talk , instead of WALKING the TALK.)

rockets own 'spiritual advisor' came down on the the side 'against him'.

c'mon , its not that hard.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

save ur sympathy for the few billion people in the world doing it tougher than waldron.

You mean the few billion corrupt wantabees.
As they say in Africa when a new regime takes over "It's our turn at the trough".
There is the old world, the new world and the corrupt world.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
No I didn't.

I said that the shagging was a problem to GT. In a personal sense it was an issue for him. Ditto when the pres did it.

This is why they all fell out.

GT having an issue with the shagging is not why Waldron left the club. GT didn't have a say in that.
The board made that call (much to his buddy's displeasure) for reasons you've mentioned above.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
No I didn't.

I said that the shagging was a problem to GT. In a personal sense it was an issue for him. Ditto when the pres did it.
I do not have any problem wuth GT have a personal issue with his view of the President's Private Life, or deciding because of it to decide to end a previous friendship.

I do have a problem him allowing it to affect his responsibilities to the Saints (which even by his own admissions it clearly did) as an extemely well paid (ie $500k per year) employee.

If he could not accept in terms of his workplace responsibilities he should have resigned.

As soon as GT started indulging in such behaviour he commenced placing his interests above the clubs.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
The board made that call (much to his buddy's displeasure) for reasons you've mentioned above.
You are implying that Boards sacked Waldron over Butterss objections.

That is not what has been reported.
Is it also not what I was told by insiders at the time it occurred. Both sources had Butterss telling Waldron he had to go and in Butterss being furious about what had occurred with the Saint's resources.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 25 Apr 2010 12:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
No I didn't.

I do not have any problem wuth GT have a personal issue with his view of the President's Private Life, or deciding because of it to decide to end a previous friendship.

I do have a problem him allowing it to affect his responsibilities to the Saints (which even by his own admissions it clearly did) as an extemely well paid (ie $500k per year) employee.

If he could not accept in terms of his workplace responsibilities he should have resigned.

As soon as GT started indulging in such behaviour he commenced placing his interests above the clubs.
Have a read of Na Exa's post above. It explains why GT had issues with it. Also explains why GT had issues with the pres' 'extra curricular' activities too.

It was absolutely directly related to the footy club's best interests.