This boring structure and game plan will cost us members

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

This boring structure and game plan will cost us members

I mean we have played it since 2007, so I am sure our membership must have gone down since 2007 levels if the people on radio are correct.

Now let me see.

Damn dont know what membership is for 2007 or 2008 bit for 2009 it was just over 32,000.

Sure the Saints members have voted with their feet and we must be down to probably only 25,000 members in 2010......

But wait....

How can this be.....

it says in the sticky above that our membership is

NEARLY 39,000

This cant be right. We are boring, we aren't entertaining the likes of Swartz and Bartlett. (just disregaring the game against Sydney, or the best game of the season against Fremantle)

We dont score goals (just disregard the 23 goal, 100 point flogging of North, and the 16 goal game played against a 14 goal Freo).

WE ARE KILLING THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you media flogs (and many trawl here). Stick it up your collective jumpers.

We have more members, more support, more wins, and more hope than in any time since 1966.

You might whinge and whine, but our team is not here to entertain you.

Piss off and go watch Essendon v Collingwood if you just want goals.

or better still go and watch basketball.

MUPPETS!!!!!!!

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Our gameplan will cost other clubs members.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

well put !! stuff the knockers we are in the comp to win the flag not make the game attractive !!!

all in all its just another 4 points in the bank towards our top two hopes

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Can you believe all this crap.

We beat a team that has averaged 30 scoring shots in every game this season and kept them to 16 scoring shots.

Next thing people will say the footy is "too noisy".

You can bore me all the way to a premiership saints I dont care

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Please explain why there were so few St Kilda supporters there last night then? I know it was their home game, but I felt almost like we were at an interstate game. It was match of the round, on the big stage of Friday night, at our regular home ground, with a great rivalry building between these two sides and going into the ground there seemed to be 10 in their colours to every one of ours. Inside it wasn't much better.
When the game ended and the Dogs fans quickly left, there looked to be only small pockets of our supporters in the stadium. I'd be surprised if we had more than about 12-13 thousand fans there for the night, which was very ordinary. I'm sure that's largely because they have far better things to do on a Friday night (or with their money) than watch us play like we have for most of this past two weeks.
We don't need to be so negative. It's like with Roo going out all our confidence in those that remain has left too. We need to be more positive. It's what got us over the line in the end last night. (Along with the fact they totally stopped). Those who think all is well after the last two weeks of playing mostly like this are in dreamland.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
markp
Saintsational Legend

All is lost.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Please explain why there were so few St Kilda supporters there last night then? I know it was their home game, but I felt almost like we were at an interstate game. It was match of the round, on the big stage of Friday night, at our regular home ground, with a great rivalry building between these two sides and going into the ground there seemed to be 10 in their colours to every one of ours. Inside it wasn't much better.
When the game ended and the Dogs fans quickly left, there looked to be only small pockets of our supporters in the stadium. I'd be surprised if we had more than about 12-13 thousand fans there for the night, which was very ordinary. I'm sure that's largely because they have far better things to do on a Friday night (or with their money) than watch us play like we have for most of this past two weeks.
We don't need to be so negative. It's like with Roo going out all our confidence in those that remain has left too. We need to be more positive. It's what got us over the line in the end last night. (Along with the fact they totally stopped). Those who think all is well after the last two weeks of playing mostly like this are in dreamland.
Except Einstein that there was probably 20k Saints supporters. The Bulldogs have less than 30k supporters :roll:

Also we have 39,000 members, up on 7,000 from last year when we played the same gameplan.

You are clueless.

5-1 and you are carrying on like a goose.

Are you just a troll?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

There were plenty of Saints there... and I doubt I've ever seen them so deliriously happy after a win! :D

It was truly glorious.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The only thing that will cost the club members is the non access to grand finals for members who are not also members of the social club.

A result of Demetriou's preference for AFL special interests and corporate one game a year blow-ins.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintSimmo
Club Player

If you dont like how we play go support another club, simple as that.
Its not all about the members, its about winning a flag, and this game play can win us a flag (according to RL)

I do believe that 39,000 members is our highest in a long time so the members must like it.

Sainter for life.
Sainterman
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:If you dont like how we play go support another club, simple as that.
Its not all about the members, its about winning a flag, and this game play can win us a flag (according to RL)

I do believe that 39,000 members is our highest in a long time so the members must like it.
Yes it can, and it almost already did.

Anyone who is bored should go and watch another side. I love the way we play, sure we are a little out of form, and adjusting to not having Roo, but what heart we have. We never give up and never say die.

Those like anythingpossble should go and watch Essendon...then they can have a free flowing attacking game plan and enjoy the 5 or 6 wins that might come from it.

yipper
SS Life Member

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Please explain why there were so few St Kilda supporters there last night then? I know it was their home game, but I felt almost like we were at an interstate game. It was match of the round, on the big stage of Friday night, at our regular home ground, with a great rivalry building between these two sides and going into the ground there seemed to be 10 in their colours to every one of ours. Inside it wasn't much better.
So, you would have preferred an open, exciting game where the doggies were zipping the ball around at breakneck speed and with sublime skills leaving Hall one out with Zac??? Yeah, s'pose that would have been enjoyable - for DOGGIES FANS!!!???
I think we delivered a very professional and mentally strong performance that actually won US the game!! The last Quarter was exciting enough. 5 wins and 1 loss - we play horses for courses. Structure up to negate the opposition strengths and use our own strengths. That is fine by me.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy you truly are as soft as butter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Only long time saintsational members will get that :) )

But as much as it pains me to say it, you are so 110% spot on, and you know it just kills me to agree with you :P :P

But I still love ya Joffa BHAW!

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

if we keep winning it will not cost us members.

i'm worried, though, that our ability to apply scoreboard pressure will cost us games ... and that will cost us members.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Well put Joffaboy

Dont care if we only score one goal as long as we win.

Eddie McFilth had a bit of a dig at us today, as far as I care he and all the others can kiss my !!!!

I love this club
BallBanger
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:If you dont like how we play go support another club, simple as that.

Bull shtt i've supported the club for all my life with the rest of my family/mother/bothers/sister/kids/grandkids and while i do not like full on defence and would switch channels if it were not us...i still hope we win.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:if we keep winning it will not cost us members.

i'm worried, though, that our ability to apply scoreboard pressure will cost us games ... and that will cost us members.
Don't worry, Gram will be back soon, and Goddard will go forward again...

It's just a quick fix IMO :D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Joffa, you have no hope pulling Throbbie or Lloyddy with comments like these.

They know what they are talking about remember :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finna
Club Player

Winning games will continue to increase our members. I love that everyone hates us.

Message to media and opposition supporters: We don want you to like us, we don't care about you. We love beating you and proving you wrong.

I love that you fools tried to involve us in the Melbourne storm salary cap crap - you know that it's the only way you can stop us on our quest!

Mark my words - this team will win flags and we will laugh at you while all along you're still whingeing that we're wrecking your precious game!

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:joffaboy you truly are as soft as butter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Only long time saintsational members will get that :) )

But as much as it pains me to say it, you are so 110% spot on, and you know it just kills me to agree with you :P :P

But I still love ya Joffa BHAW!
Hows your big flabby baby guts Emma? Bet it looks a bit like fatty Dal Santos chubby triceps :wink:

Lance or James??

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

yipper wrote:
So, you would have preferred an open, exciting game where the doggies were zipping the ball around at breakneck speed and with sublime skills leaving Hall one out with Zac??? Yeah, s'pose that would have been enjoyable - for DOGGIES FANS!!!???
I think we delivered a very professional and mentally strong performance that actually won US the game!! The last Quarter was exciting enough. 5 wins and 1 loss - we play horses for courses. Structure up to negate the opposition strengths and use our own strengths. That is fine by me.
I dont get it. Plenty there for a away game.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: This boring structure and game plan will cost us members

joffaboy wrote:
You could have easily been excused for thinking Friday night's game was a game of basketball.

Without the high scoring of course.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

mmmmmm

The four points just taste so good though.

And Rocket's tears taste like watermelon....

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: This boring structure and game plan will cost us members

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
You could have easily been excused for thinking Friday night's game was a game of basketball.

Without the high scoring of course.
Hmmm...how many tackles in the last game of basketball you watched? :shock:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:mmmmmm

The four points just taste so good though.

And Rocket's tears taste like watermelon....
Clearly.

The most enjoyable win I've seen almost.

People (Saints fans) need to be realistic about the criticism though. It's warranted in it's context.
We, and whoever we play, look horrible therefore the folks who come home from work after a tough week and settle in in front of the TV for a night of entertaining footy ain't getting it.

Everything I've read is absolutely true.

The most important thing is though, who gives a f**k? Not me.

If they start handing out flags to the most entertaining team then I'll be concerned - but until then I don't care.