Gaertner - promotion?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gaertner - promotion?

Roo is out and we can't take a mark inside 50 at all.

Lets be honest. Noone at vfl level is exactly busting the door down for a senior game.

In reality only gaertner maybe deserves a game and hes a rookie. probably deserves promotion and a game. maybe the club are being tight-fisted?
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 15 May 2010 4:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gaertner - promotion?

Con Gorozidis wrote:Roo is out and we can take a mark inside 50 at all.

Lets be honest. Noone at vfl level is exactly busting the door down for a senior game.

In reality only gaertner maybe deserves a game and hes a rookie. probably deserves promotion and a game. maybe the club are being tight-fisted?
I havent seen more than 2 games at the VFL level this year and he looked an average VFL player. You have obviously seen a lot more. What are his strengths and weaknesses.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Here's a better idea - lets all stand in the middle of the ground, put our hands on our nuts, draw a big breath and then in one big moment - collectively PANIC!!!

FFS - Get a Grip! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Look again it's the Flash!!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

At this point in his career he wouldn't improve the forward line,in fact,right at the moment,he'd blend right in.... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saint58
Club Player

I agree i called for his inclusion for last weeks game and this week play him at full back and move zack to chf or play Gaertner at chf at 199cm it is worth a try he has been named in the best for sandy the last 3 weeks at thats all a player can do.

What are the club afraid of who knows they might even find a player if not we have tried but to never have tried that is the question!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:

I agree i called for his inclusion for last weeks game and this week play him at full back and move zack to chf or play Gaertner at chf at 199cm it is worth a try he has been named in the best for sandy the last 3 weeks at thats all a player can do.

What are the club afraid of who knows they might even find a player if not we have tried but to never have tried that is the question!!!
How has he played when you have seen him play this year?

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Give the kid time to develop without trying to make him some kind of saviour.

If he really was setting the world on fire at VFL level and taking tons of marks and kicking bags of goals I would happily agree however the Sandy reports done reflect that.

Im sure that he will be a good player but putting in an untried player would be smashing (not pushing) the panic button IMHO

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Gaertner has been named among the best two out of the last three games. Only Tommy Walsh has been named in the best in all three. Still I believe there is a case for promoting Gaertner. ALthough I notice he is picked in the pocket, with Johnston at FB.

saint58
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:Give the kid time to develop without trying to make him some kind of saviour.

If he really was setting the world on fire at VFL level and taking tons of marks and kicking bags of goals I would happily agree however the Sandy reports done reflect that.

Im sure that he will be a good player but putting in an untried player would be smashing (not pushing) the panic button IMHO

BANG BANG

How else do untried players become good players unless we try them Um!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Give the kid time to develop without trying to make him some kind of saviour.

BANG BANG

Still havent told me how he has played at Sandy this year in the games you saw him play?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

We'd have to have alot of injuries for Gaertner to get a game IMO

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Saw him play against Coburg and watched him closely.

He played really well. He moves really well for a big guy (akin to Stanleys athleticism), he was confident when in possession (baulked a would-be tackler beautifully) and provided some good rebound from defense.

Having said that, he's still pretty raw. I doubt he'd be able to add anything to the senior team this year, but I came away from the game thinking he's a good/decent prospect.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:Here's a better idea - lets all stand in the middle of the ground, put our hands on our nuts, draw a big breath and then in one big moment - collectively PANIC!!!

im panicking for sure.
the idea of putting my hands on my nuts is quite appealing.

groupie1
Club Player

saint58 wrote:

How about using a bit of punctuation so we can understand what you're rabbiting on about.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
groupie1
Club Player

saint58 wrote:

BANG BANG

They have a solid foundation of consistent, strong form in the seconds, that's how, much like you work your arse off for ten years in an Irish fiddler band before you join the London Symphony Orchestra.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Linton Street Flash wrote:Here's a better idea - lets all stand in the middle of the ground, put our hands on our nuts, draw a big breath and then in one big moment - collectively PANIC!!!

im panicking for sure.
see i told u i was panicking.

and yes i still believe gaertner deserves promotion.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

im panicking for sure.

But doesnt that mean that Roo has to be out for another 8 weeks to promote Gaertner? Would have assumed that Roo would at best case be back within 8 weeks?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

im panicking for sure.

But doesnt that mean that Roo has to be out for another 8 weeks to promote Gaertner? Would have assumed that Roo would at best case be back within 8 weeks?
dunno. i guess roo is about 8 - 10 away. so if that means gaertner misses out then i guess will johnson suddenly might get a senior game?

ps : im assuming zac will get 2-3 weeks.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

15 marks inside 50 today... much better than last week but few were converted.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:15 marks inside 50 today... much better than last week but few were converted.
Out of interest, how many marks inside 50 did we have in round 8 last year?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD