Hindsight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

Hindsight

On Hindsight 3 major wrong decisions

1) Letting Luke Ball go (I know he left the saints but we should have done much better to keep him)

2) Accepting Lovet

3) Trading Goose

I think if we had got the above decisions correct we may have been in a better position

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Re: Hindsight

mohannair wrote:On Hindsight 3 major wrong decisions

1) Letting Luke Ball go (I know he left the saints but we should have done much better to keep him)

2) Accepting Lovet

3) Trading Goose

I think if we had got the above decisions correct we may have been in a better position
1) Agree
2) Disagree - how would we know he would have done what he did.
3) Disagree

Sainter for life.
mohannair
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:

2) Accepting Lovet

3) Trading Goose

1) Agree
2) Disagree - how would we know he would have done what he did.
3) Disagree
Saintsimmo, the reason why I said about Lovet is because some of our Leadership members were against recruiting him & with Goose I think he is doing much much better than Zac.

Middo
Club Player

2) Accepting Lovet

3) Trading Goose

Please get over it...their all gone !!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

At the time the Goose decision was the right one for Goose. Zac was promising at full back and looked as though he would improve. We owed him that.

Lovett was the right choice for the team on field, can't blame them for trying.

Ball, we cant do much more than offer him a contract.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I think Steven should have been in the side instead of Mini. That's as far back anyone's hindsight needs to be.

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Ball would look terrible with the team we have right now.

The guy was never blessed with pace and can't kick. Let's bring him back...........................................

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

also we didnt chase plugger and hall......

honestly get over it only one within our power was goose and i doubt he'd play aswell as he is over there if he hadve stayed needed to reinvent himself

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote: Lovett was the right choice for the team on field, can't blame them for trying.
Think it proved tonight how much a Lovett would be valuablwe to our slow team. Nobody could envision what he would do.

Speaking of hindsight, trading X for pick 60 and getting Jesse Smith.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saint Mik
Club Player

2) Accepting Lovet

3) Trading Goose

1) Glad to see the back of him, only money will get the best out of him, it was time for him to take a hit for the good of the team and he walked so stuff him, right move letting him walk, just wish the Pies had not of got him and Melbourne showed some balls and took him :twisted:

2) Who would have known that AL would end up in the mess he finds himself in, yes had issues but nothing like this IMO, staff were not to know.

3) The ground at Etihad just did not suit him IMO, he has furhtered his career at the Lions and good on him, I love watching him play, would rather that than another wasted year trying to get through on a concrete ground with further injuries.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
saintkid
Club Player

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:Ball would look terrible with the team we have right now.

The guy was never blessed with pace and can't kick. Let's bring him back...........................................
His last few weeks at the Pies have been a lot better than what Armitage has been delivering. Ball has heaps more footy smarts than Armo and his in and under work is miles ahead. :(

SaintTom
Club Player

degruch wrote:I think Steven should have been in the side instead of Mini. That's as far back anyone's hindsight needs to be.
Agree. I'm not a Mini basher, but some on here seem to blindly think he deserves to be in the team no matter what. He's put in one blinder quarter against the Dogs, and that's about all this season. He's sub par and needs to lift. Steven I think was doing okay, and is still young. He's got room for improvement and should have been persevered with for 5 weeks or so to get a sample size of his ability at AFL level.