Let us pray......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Let us pray......

That Zac gets a few weeks off courtesy from the MRP.

All the good work up the ground was lost defensively by:
* Poor decision making
* Poor application
* Lack of Effort

For weeks now SS posters have been debating the merits of this bloke and what to do with him.

The simple facts are that now that teams are overcoming our zone defence Zac is getting into more one-on-one contests for which he is all at sea.

At times last year he may have done OK one-on-one at times but whatever confidence he had is now gone.

We would have won the game tonight with a FB who competed harder and simply scragged/mauled/ his opponent.

I encourage all SS posters who disagree with me on this issue to give counter arguments and would be interested to understand your logic.

We can not continue with this guy at in any position in our team right now. Send him back to Sandy to find some form.

Next Week
IN - Gaertner or walsh
Out - Zac

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Your 2 ins are rookies and cannot be played.

Zac would be better playing for Sandy to find form, but has decided to take a holiday instead. He'll get 3 or 4 weeks.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

He doesn't deserve to be in the side. However what's the alternative? Gaertner..is he ready? Probably not
Walsh has played 6 games of aussie rules football. At the age of 7 I had more footy experience than him
Fisher to fullback?...massively robbing Peter
Gilbert? See Fisher
Raph-See Zac

Goose is moving as well as he ever has...unfortunatly he was given away to Brisbane

Bring back the Lockett era
One Eyed Saint
Club Player

BS, to your point on rookie listed players - if we put Nick on LTI List we can elevate one of these guys.

#12 wont be back for at least 2 months so enough time to give one of these blokes a crack.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

When I saw the hit by Dawson, but by any other player I would have squealed "My God.... Nooooo!!!"...but this time I went "Please God be it so, Dawson needs to go!!" Maybe against a shytty Eagles side we can get another win on the board! Call e harsh, but FFS this is AFL football! Not 4th div suburban crap!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

One Eyed Saint wrote:BS, to your point on rookie listed players - if we put Nick on LTI List we can elevate one of these guys.

#12 wont be back for at least 2 months so enough time to give one of these blokes a crack.
I'm aware of that, but it won't happen.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Each team gets one Rookie promotion at the start of the year for free, plus another free at Round 11, as well as LTI replacements.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Is Zac a white twin of Raph?

Just a question....

suss
Club Player

I saw the game but missed any hit by Zac.

Are you serious BS, will he get 3 or 4 weeks or is that wishful thinking?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Might get 4,will offer 3 with an early plea. 3 at least,2 if he's lucky

Bring back the Lockett era
battye
Saintsational Legend

Why on earth would any St Kilda supporters want Dawson to be suspended?

Geez :roll:

I can understand people criticising his form, but hoping he gets 4 weeks is bizarre.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Why on earth would any St Kilda supporters want Dawson to be suspended?

I can understand people criticising his form, but hoping he gets 4 weeks is bizarre.
Some may feel that the coach has somewhat rose-coloured glasses when it comes to Dawson and that if he doesn't get weeks he will still be picked when he shouldn't be.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
suss
Club Player

battye wrote:Why on earth would any St Kilda supporters want Dawson to be suspended?

If that's directed at me I should clarify that I didn't mean wishful thinking on my behalf but on BS's behalf. Believe it or not I actually think he can play.

battye
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:

Some may feel that the coach has somewhat rose-coloured glasses when it comes to Dawson and that if he doesn't get weeks he will still be picked when he shouldn't be.
Mine was a rhetorical question, I know full well why some people are wishing for his suspension. It doesn't make it any less bizarre though, particularly when our depth is somewhat limited right now.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Cos he was absolutely shizenhausen and needs to be dropped. If suspension is the only way he makes way then I applaud the 2 or 3 that he should get

Another opportunity awaits!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

mr reliable to FB

felixleo
Club Player

jonesy wrote:He doesn't deserve to be in the side. However what's the alternative? Gaertner..is he ready? Probably not
Walsh has played 6 games of aussie rules football. At the age of 7 I had more footy experience than him
Fisher to fullback?...massively robbing Peter
Gilbert? See Fisher
Raph-See Zac

Goose is moving as well as he ever has...unfortunatly he was given away to Brisbane
Jonesy obviously has the experience he has my vote, give him a go.

Are you gonna be the one?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Only idiots would want any Saints suspended. You can't regain form sitting in the stands.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Strange thread...

Dawson is incredibly out of form, I try to find positives for players each week, but last night I couldn't find one.

However I agree with Battye and BS, that it would be much better if he was running around for Sandringham finding his form rather than serving a suspension.

He also needs to be eating roast chickens and drinking protein shakes.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I can see why supporters want Zac to be given several weeks. Because they dont have faith that the selectors will drop him. He needs several weeks at Sandringham to regain some form.

Saintsfan
Club Player

I don't want him in the side ever again. Is that also bizarre?

The Saintsfan Cometh
bigred
Saintsational Legend

8 weeks minimum for a LTI rookie elevation.

Walsh is not ready.
Gaertner is not ready.
I encourage all SS posters who disagree with me on this issue to give counter arguments and would be interested to understand your logic.
The same can be said for your OP....

Losing three games makes you want to bring in rookies to hold down key positions....

Don't panic whatever you do...

And to the people that are actually hoping that he gets suspended, you are a pack of morons.

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

big red - so in suimmary what you are saying is that as of right now Zac is the best option for FB and that we have no other options?

We are in dire straights if that is in fact true.

I don't want to see any saints player suspended but if RL continues to persist with this bloke as FB and is clearly struggling to have an impact on the game do we just simply wait and wait and wait and wait for Zac to find form?

What happens if for the next 2-3 weeks he gets towelled up, do we just simply say "that's OK", no other options, this is "the best we have"?

Does Zac get picked irrespective of form?

To put it in simple terms, if he can't match-up one-one on as FB he should de dropped or moved to a position on the ground where he is less accountable eg. forward line

We can't continue to see massive scores kicked against us where opposition small forwards feed off Zac's direct opponent.

I'd rather play Blake at FB for at least he has better physical presence and greater awareness.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Zac got off, by the way.

Duggie
Club Player

[quote="sainterinsydney"]Zac got off, by the way.[/quote
So we cannot take a trick with the MRP. :lol:

A Saint Forever!