McQualter, Schneider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

McQualter, Schneider

Are struggling. I don't know what more to say about them. Schneids' magic seems to have gone, and I can no longer see what Mini's giving to our side.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

The problem with having a lot of people out of form is that you can't drop many people because you would be left with nobody... they both need a big bloody wake up call though. The problem is that they aren't the only ones... Still reckon that kicking and not being able to recover from turnovers has hurt us a lot over the last two weeks.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Mini is off for sure, however I think Schnides has been pretty good. He gets alot of the ball, however, he gets caught alot, looks like he is trying to do to much as he knows he won't/can't get a free.

When Roo was playing he would have 2 or 3 players on him, who are now free to get the ball out of our forward line.

Milne is a problem, not that I see him doing anything wrong, without Roo he is our main goal kicking option and of course the opposition know that, so make it very difficult for him. So who else kicks goals for us? Not many, tragicly, which means we have a REALLY BIG PROBLEM.
Last edited by Saint Bev on Sun 16 May 2010 10:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:The problem with having a lot of people out of form is that you can't drop many people because you would be left with nobody... they both need a big bloody wake up call though. The problem is that they aren't the only ones... Still reckon that kicking and not being able to recover from turnovers has hurt us a lot over the last two weeks.
Most of our goals conceded tonight came from Essendon's speed out of the backline, after we couldn't keep it in there.

I blame the small forwards, but Milne has enough Brownie points and has been kicking enough goals to justify his spot.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
battye
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:The problem with having a lot of people out of form is that you can't drop many people because you would be left with nobody... they both need a big bloody wake up call though. The problem is that they aren't the only ones... Still reckon that kicking and not being able to recover from turnovers has hurt us a lot over the last two weeks.
Someone who was at the game will be able to see for sure... do we play a loose man in defense anymore? When we were firing, it seemed to be Fisher and as a result he used to rack up 30+ touches a week.

Since Fisher has been playing half his time forward and back, that has seemingly disappeared.

Who is it now (the loose man), Gilbert? No loose man?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: McQualter, Schneider

dcstkfc wrote:Are struggling. I don't know what more to say about them. Schneids' magic seems to have gone, and I can no longer see what Mini's giving to our side.
Couldn't agree more. Had enough of Schneider. Should be kicking more goals. should be sitting at Kosi feet for the crumb.

Mini seems to be playing a different role but one tackle tonight is not good enough.

Superboot
SS Life Member

battye wrote:
Someone who was at the game will be able to see for sure... do we play a loose man in defense anymore? When we were firing, it seemed to be Fisher and as a result he used to rack up 30+ touches a week.

Since Fisher has been playing half his time forward and back, that has seemingly disappeared.

Who is it now (the loose man), Gilbert? No loose man?
I was at the game. Most of Essendon's easy goals (and most of their goals were easy goals) seemed to come from the fact that they generally outnumbered us when they took the ball forward quickly. No loose man in our defense as far as I could see. Half the time, Essendon had a loose man in attack.

Can anyway say with accuracy how many times in the last 2 games the opposition have scored running into an open goal with no defender in sight?