Lloyd says Roo will struggle when he gets back

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Lloyd says Roo will struggle when he gets back

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article/L ... uggle/9174

Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd says Nick Riewoldt will not be able to return to his best form this season.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
degruch
Saintsational Legend

That's news??? :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough. Its his opinion and he a had an injury whilst not the same, has at least similarities. Hopefully he is wrong or as that thread says we are rooted.

Saintsfan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Fair enough. Its his opinion and he a had an injury whilst not the same, has at least similarities. Hopefully he is wrong or as that thread says we are rooted.
This season is seemingly becoming much like 04-06 where supporters played the waiting game on players (and important players at that) coming back from injury.

We can only hope he comes back and is able to get some quality games into him before finals.

The Saintsfan Cometh
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Fair enough. Its his opinion and he a had an injury whilst not the same, has at least similarities. Hopefully he is wrong or as that thread says we are rooted.
This season is seemingly becoming much like 04-06 where supporters played the waiting game on players (and important players at that) coming back from injury.

We can only hope he comes back and is able to get some quality games into him before finals.
05 and 06 both turned into nightmares.

Walking back to Richmond stattion from the G on those two Friday nights was hell.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Saintsfan
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:

05 and 06 both turned into nightmares.

Walking back to Richmond stattion from the G on those two Friday nights was hell.
Agreed. Well who knows how Nick is going to play when he gets back. We can only hope for the best is that is all supporters can really do.

The Saintsfan Cometh
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Basing it on his own Ham off the bone injury.

Which is a completely different thing....

Completely different thing.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St_Cave
Club Player

bigred wrote:Basing it on his own Ham off the bone injury.

Which is a completely different thing....

Completely different thing.
And given the guy spent 7 weeks out of the game with a sore finger he probably isn't the best person to be basing recovery times on.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm with bigred on this one, I listened to Roo's surgeon (forget his name) talking about it a couple of weeks back on radio, and it said they are entirely different injuries.

Not sure there is anyone to compare Roo's injury to, is there?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I'm with bigred on this one, I listened to Roo's surgeon (forget his name) talking about it a couple of weeks back on radio, and it said they are entirely different injuries.

I think it is more of a confidence thing that he is basing it on. Lloyd said with his injury that he lacked a bit of confidence to go at full speed and he has previously said Rooy may be the same because you are worrying about it going again. That to me makes perfect sense but hey he is an opposition player who most people hated so what would he know compared to all of us.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:I'm with bigred on this one, I listened to Roo's surgeon (forget his name) talking about it a couple of weeks back on radio, and it said they are entirely different injuries.

I think it is more of a confidence thing that he is basing it on. Lloyd said with his injury that he lacked a bit of confidence to go at full speed and he has previously said Rooy may be the same because you are worrying about it going again. That to me makes perfect sense but hey he is an opposition player who most people hated so what would he know compared to all of us.
When I heard Matthew speak about it last week, he was saying that his body wasn't the same and he couldn't do what he used to do....nothing to do with hating Velvet actually.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:That to me makes perfect sense but hey he is an opposition player who most people hated so what would he know compared to all of us.
Geez, you really do think everyone here is as thick as pig s***, don't you? Well, news for you is that some people here might actually have a clue. No wonder you're a freakin' umpire, you megomaniac. :P

Anyway, I'm surprised an article stating that a guy who has a major injury might not come back in peak form was given space on a website! Who approves this garbage? I thought he'd come back with a tan, 2ft taller and run at 100mph. :roll:

eppo67
Club Player

He didn't have the same injury at all. Lloyd had his hamstring tendon tear off the bone at its anchor point.

Roo had a small tear in his tendon high on the leg about 11 cm from the anchor point on its pelvic bone base. The tendon off the bone at its anchor point takes a lot longer to get right and is a far more serious injury. They are very different injuries.

Maybe he has been misquoted for a bit of sensationalism (not like the media of course).

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

LLoyd was also 6 years older than Roo.

LLoyd is a moron at the best of times and this time seems to be not one of his best.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:That to me makes perfect sense but hey he is an opposition player who most people hated so what would he know compared to all of us.
Geez, you really do think everyone here is as thick as pig s***, don't you? Well, news for you is that some people here might actually have a clue. No wonder you're a freakin' umpire, you megomaniac. :P

Anyway, I'm surprised an article stating that a guy who has a major injury might not come back in peak form was given space on a website! Who approves this garbage? I thought he'd come back with a tan, 2ft taller and run at 100mph. :roll:
Only some. You will have to pick which catagory you are in. I think I know.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I heard it and he was referring to fitness rather than the specific type of injury... he also said he thinks we cant win the flag from here.

I think if Roo comes back 6+ weeks before finals, and we are still in touch with the top 4, then we'll be a big show.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Only some. You will have to pick which catagory you are in. I think I know.
I think my record speaks for itself. 8-)

Fetch my gramophone.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:LLoyd was also 6 years older than Roo.

LLoyd is a moron at the best of times and this time seems to be not one of his best.
6 months acually but what is 5 years between friends.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I'm talking dog years.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

I don't think it's so much folks 'hate' Lloyd.... it's not the same injury, and they are different types of players IMO...

Anyway is this the same fellow whose said WB media darlings would defeat the Saints by 40 + points :shock: - like a lot of the media, he just says anything for the sake of it

Might be few posters like that as well

Hold your ground :shock:
degruch
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I don't think it's so much folks 'hate' Lloyd.... it's not the same injury, and they are different types of players IMO...

Anyway is this the same fellow whose said WB media darlings would defeat the Saints by 40 + points :shock: - like a lot of the media, he just says anything for the sake of it

I think those posters know who they are.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I'm talking dog years.
Could be an imprtant 5 years in the context of the season.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Yep. I agree 100% on the confidence issue.

Richo would also say the same thing.

I have a recurring hamstring injury that I have carried for maybe six years. Its a s*** of a thing. I'm always thinking that it might go again. I run a fair bit and there are times where you are almost expecting something to happen.

Lloyd is a halfwit. He has said some rather sensational stuff since hitting the media which is quite common for a newly retired player. I thought he was an absolute toss of a player. I have never seen anyone stage for free kicks like he did. Seriously knee pads in the umpires room stuff.

But that is beside the point :P

He did have a MUCH worse injury than Riewoldt though. MUCH worse.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Lloyd, what a champion Footballer, but what a complete media tragedy in the making. He may be right on this one, but his injury was NOT the same. Geez, in his brief time in the sun this year, he has come out with some howlers. He also dosent sound like he is all that sharp to me, so a big MEH to whatever he tries to enlighten me with!

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think those posters know who they are.
Lol, I actually didn't mean Plugger66 by that last line - was thinking of a few others though......never mind :shock: :mrgreen:

Hold your ground :shock: