Who do you Tag?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Who do you tag?

Hayes
32%
Dal Santo
34%
Montagna
18%
Goddard
16%

Total votes: 38

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Who do you Tag?

If you are an opposition coach?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
super dooper
Club Player

Goddard is clearly our most important player behind Roo.

There is no coincidence when he plays well we generally win.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I'd say from watching the Saints week in and week out, Hayes has the biggest influence on our team. And i'd tag him.

But its only when Dal Santo doesnt receive attention, you clearly understand why he gets tagged every single week. He is a star!

Statsman
Club Player

Dal Santo has shown himself to be the most easily tagged in the past, as we saw a couple of weeks ago, so I'd set my tagger onto him. If a tagger can get on top of Dal Santo, he can be virtually shut out of the game.

The problem with tagging Goddard is that he's so versatile he's drag your tagger forward or back and eventually find a way to exploit that matchup.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Statsman wrote:Dal Santo has shown himself to be the most easily tagged in the past, as we saw a couple of weeks ago, so I'd set my tagger onto him. If a tagger can get on top of Dal Santo, he can be virtually shut out of the game.

The problem with tagging Goddard is that he's so versatile he's drag your tagger forward or back and eventually find a way to exploit that matchup.
I disagree Dal is difficult to tag....He gets the most attention every week, and its clear the most planning goes into him.

To be still classed as elite is an extremely good effort....Especially as he has been preforming for a number of years now.

Every now and then he gets s*** down... Understandable when you do the math.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dal seems to be the most tagged. i presume that means oppositions regard him as our most dangerous midfielder.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I think Dal Santo, only because I think he is the easiet to tag. Lenny is our most important mid.

Carpe Diem
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Dal.
He get's tagged most weeks and is still a great player. Sides just cannot afford to leave him alone, or he would simply tear them a new arsehole.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:I think Dal Santo, only because I think he is the easiet to tag. Lenny is our most important mid.
Don't get me wrong I love Lenny, and reckon he's our 2nd best player. HOWEVER, yesterday if you were a midfielder who would you rather have chase you around or be matched up on, Matt Rosa or Natnui? The commentators were nearly laughing at that match up and Lenny was given licence to run around and do as he pleased. I know Dal has his down weeks, but I reckon he's a star. He showed at the start of 09 what he's capable of if clubs let him run around on his own. Dal is more damaging if he get's the ball in his hands - but only just, so I would tag him.

older saint
SS Life Member

Dal - he can hurt you with disposal and run but historically is easier to shut down than the others and can be a little 1 trick pony. Hayes our best mid is hard in and under which makes it harder to tag. Mont started well but is down on form and not hurting teams at the moment like last year.
Goddard can push forward and hurt a tag overhead .

goodie
Club Player

I say Joey, especially with Gram out, he provides most of our run.

rexy
SS Life Member

Think definately Dal, doesnt mean he is the best, just the best to tag, more often than not all of them will end up with high posession, Dal will hurt you badly if he gets them in space though.

Agree on goddard, just as good a user but very hard to tag, you need to play different types on him in different areas of the ground.

Maybe this year?