I just did it...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I just did it...

I watched the highlights from that game last year for the very first time.

Very,very bad move.

I want to throw up

Bring back the Lockett era
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Ive watched highlights about 5 times, my heart sinks everytime but it just gets me more revved up about this year.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I thought I was ready....

Clearly not.

I seriously feel sick now due to watching it. I'm going to bed

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Meh.

I youtubed Nick Riewoldt sook the other day just to watch the end where everyone had a cry and stuff.

It does help to get you revved uop but geez, that really was the one that got away. How long will we regret not winning it last year?

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

I was at that game last year, as well as that game in'97, as well as that game in '71, and I still have not watched a replay.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Cant bring myself to do it, really.

I remember that feeling in my gut. I cant do it to myself again.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I actually have a memory blank from the final siren for a few minutes...I came to just before Chapman got the Norm Smith. Apparently I was just sitting with my head in my hands just sobbing and not making any attempt to wipe away the tears. Afterward, the feeling in my gut was so hollow. I just wanted to crawl into a black hole. This random Saints supporter just grabbed me and hugged me.

Never want to experience that again. Ever.

The Saints are coming!
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

It's amazing that people attacked me for saying that when I saw Scarlett interviewed and talking about the "toe poke", I wanted to have an "Andre Rieu"!
It was like a dagger through the heart.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
St Michele
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:I actually have a memory blank from the final siren for a few minutes...I came to just before Chapman got the Norm Smith. Apparently I was just sitting with my head in my hands just sobbing and not making any attempt to wipe away the tears. Afterward, the feeling in my gut was so hollow. I just wanted to crawl into a black hole. This random Saints supporter just grabbed me and hugged me.

Never want to experience that again. Ever.
I know what you mean I was gobsmacked just walked out of the MCG got a taxi and sat in the hotel room not wanting to talk to anyone. This year will be different :-) Am never watching anything to do with it again

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

I tried to watch it once. Stopped after 5 minutes. Found it too hard to enjoy a good passage of play by us knowing what was to come.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I can much more easily watch the post-match and the interviews with Lenny, Joey and Ross than watch the game itself where the commentators are speaking as though we can win the 2009 flag.

It will haunt me until we win one.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
shmic_s
Club Player

Re: I just did it...

jonesy wrote:I watched the highlights from that game last year for the very first time.

Very,very bad move.

I want to throw up
Fool! :wink:
I've tried to watch the game twice. Both times watched about 5 minutes of pre-game and felt i'll. Switched it straight off.
Mate tried to make me watch highlights and i walked out of his house. :evil:

thequarry
Club Player

I watched the members' 2009 season highlights DVD and when I got to the Grand Final I just couldn't really look at the TV.

I felt really, really awful after seeing any footage of it, and I won't ever watch any footage of the game again.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I just cant bring my self to watch it, and probably never will

I love this club
Saintsfan
Club Player

To state the obvious. It is amazijg how close we were to actually winning the thing. That hurts big time.

The Saintsfan Cometh
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The worst bit I found,was not the Geelong goals....or the easy misses for us. It was Schneiders goal in the first....the camera angle was from over his shoulder...as soon as it left the boot we all just rose as one shaking both fists in the air with this mighty roar. It was meant to be our day....FAAAAAAAAAAARK!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Will never watch it. But I did watch the pre game entertainment as I thought it was the best ever and it was such a good time. But it really upset me, I was eating my tea at the time and I just got up and threw it in the bin.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
west57
Club Player

I was at the ground on the day and I taped the game in the hope that it would be something I could keep forever.................I put the tape on the next day (yeah i'm a masochist) and watched the first 3 quarters...............I couldn't bring myself to watch the last quarter, especially one day after the event!!!

Then a few weeks ago, my VCR packed it in and destroyed that tape along with it!!! So I will probably never watch that last quarter again. Probably not a bad outcome in the end!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:To state the obvious. It is amazijg how close we were to actually winning the thing. That hurts big time.
Yep, and given our lack of success we need to take the oppurtunity, at least we know we are now in good hands though

I love this club
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

i have watched it about 7 times now. Thanks to my father in law (well he will be soon enough)

i get this horrible empty feeling.

Just thinking about it makes me feel the same.

But remembering how i felt that day is so much worse. i sat in the girls toilets for at least an hour crying like i have never cried before, while girls were coming in and out wondering what my problem was. (i was in QLD at a pub)
eventually i went silent then the phone calls started.. dad, brother 1, brother 2..
and the sobs returned.

then i went back to drinking and tried to brave the night at the victory game. I didnt.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Careful, agreco might rear his ugly head! :wink:

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

mines where the 97 replay is....

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

It's the only St Kilda game I have never watched again. I avoided all media for days after the game. Didn't read a paper, didn't watch the footy shows. didn't watch any news, didn't listen to the radio (which is difficult, given who I worked for). The only thing I did do was look at the stats on afl.com.au

Rooke marked the ball right in front of where I was sitting and as I mentioned on other threads I will never forget the look in Blake's eyes as he was chasing Rooke and then realised Rooke was going to mark it. Then seeing Lenny at the siren almost inconsolable. I stayed for Roo's speech and then we crawled out of the ground and didn't speak a word to each other all the way home.

Don't think I will ever watch it.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I actually couldn't talk the next day... didn't speak for about 48 hours. No kidding. Not a single word.

For one week, maybe two... can't remember... I sat on my couch at home with my head in my hands and just sighed a lot.

I was grateful to Joe Dooley's family for being so nice to me and taking me to the game from my hotel... my time with them was the only nice thing about it. I tried to focus on that instead.

The game, for me, symbolized much more than a quest for a flag in a football competition.

When I was a kid, my Dad (RIP) used to pick up the cans at Moorabbin after the game... they used to pay people (casuals) to do that... and that was one of my earliest memories. My brother and I used to pick up the cans with him. The youngest photo I've seen of me was around this time, and I am in a Saints jumper. And I really wanted us to win, in a way, to say goodbye to my Dad. I didn't get to say goodbye before he died.

I actually had a lot of grief after the game... really tough.

Sometimes it means so much more than a 'game'.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why would anyone want to watch the 1997 and 2009 GF again. Why put yourself through that pain. Do you also put pins in your eyes?