Some good news - Saints' Waldron era OK

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Some good news - Saints' Waldron era OK

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5871782942

ST KILDA has been cleared of any wrong-doing in Brian Waldron's era at the club. The AFL pledged to check the club's books to ensure they complied with the salary cap during Waldron's time at St Kilda from 2002 to '04.

Waldron is the accused architect of serial rorting that resulted in Melbourne Storm being stripped of two titles and premiership points.

The Saints were happy to open their books for AFL salary cap investigator Ken Wood.

Instead, Wood and St Kilda chief executive Michael Nettlefold had several conversations about the issue, and the AFL is confident the club's paperwork is in order.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Let's hope that's it.

Btw-Great avatar pic but he still missed the shot at goal.

Kinda symbolic of his career.

St Michele
Club Player

Bet this isn't the lead story on the morning news!! Great news for the club!!

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Yeah, love the avatar...Kozzi at his best. Don't worry if he missed that one. I reckon we could be due for another Kozzi "purple patch" a la 2005.

Anyway, the new boy Stanley will be a gun and Big Ben marked strongly and goaled several times against WC.

It's amazing how some in the media jumped to conclusions about Waldron's time at the Saints. Where's the apology?

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Saint Mik
Club Player

Good news and Everitt is a knob, move on Pete.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Some good news - Saints' Waldron era OK

SainterK wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5871782942

ST KILDA has been cleared of any wrong-doing in Brian Waldron's era at the club. The AFL pledged to check the club's books to ensure they complied with the salary cap during Waldron's time at St Kilda from 2002 to '04.

Waldron is the accused architect of serial rorting that resulted in Melbourne Storm being stripped of two titles and premiership points.

The Saints were happy to open their books for AFL salary cap investigator Ken Wood.

Instead, Wood and St Kilda chief executive Michael Nettlefold had several conversations about the issue, and the AFL is confident the club's paperwork is in order.
Ummm....

Nice that we've been cleared and all. But, having "pledged" to check our books, really, even knowing they'd checked them before, should the AFL have, ya know, checked them?

I'm no CPA, but while "having several conversations" is probably more fun... I'm pretty sure it's not best practice accounting.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

[quote="BAM!']I'm no CPA, but while "having several conversations" is probably more fun... I'm pretty sure it's not best practice accounting.[/quote]

Well I am a CPA and the fact that the books have been audited by both the AFl and an independant auditor in the past would mean that Wood would only need to ask a few questions to clarify the situation.

Auditing is an inexact science and if you are devious enough things can always be hidden.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
SainterK wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5871782942

Ummm....

Nice that we've been cleared and all. But, having "pledged" to check our books, really, even knowing they'd checked them before, should the AFL have, ya know, checked them?

I'm no CPA, but while "having several conversations" is probably more fun... I'm pretty sure it's not best practice accounting.
...shhhh!