People still cant shut up during the player interviews

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

People still cant shut up during the player interviews

No the PA system isnt great, and yes the players dont have Beva's radio announder voice projection, but its just embarrassing all round for Bruce and SC staff to continally ask people to shush when the players are being interviewed

Too many boofheads in there who after 15 beers think the sound of their own voice is the most important thing in the world :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Who was being interviewed?

I've found in the past that people will be quiet if it's Lyon, Riewoldt or Hayes but if it's someone like Simpkin or McGrath or Alastair Smith people will keep talking.

I can't say I blame them. People want to talk or hear about the game they have just watched. Not hear about the progress of a guy who wasn't out there and probably won't get a game this year.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Tony Elshaugh

Robert Eddy
Raph Clarke
Farren Ray
Rhys Stanley

Simple Fix is put speakers on the ground level at the front of stage.
Face towards the crowd in front of the stage who are more interested in listening.

SinCitySaint
Club Player

The speakers at the front would be good.
Also showing individuals like Elshaugh how to speak into a microphone would help. He held it under his chin and didn't talk into it.

The other issue is no one really wants to hear standard player speak. I'm sorry but the players just say the same thing "I am just happy to play my role/I don't mind where I play as long as I am helping the team/We are working hard on our structures/We have another tough one next week against [insert team name]." While I truely appreciate the effort that the players put in by coming down to the club at the end of the game maybe it would be better if we got more interviews with the staff and administrators of the club. The best interview I have seen this year was with Westaway, that is the sort of thing that people would be interested in hearing.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Its an absolute disgrace and shows no respect. If they stopped the players coming in because no one takes any notice everyone would be up in arms.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Its an absolute disgrace and shows no respect. If they stopped the players coming in because no one takes any notice everyone would be up in arms.
I had a very nice chat all through the boring interviews. Who cares what a bunch of players saying, its all footyspeak.

My opinion and voice is much more important than other peoples rights.

I also yell, kick it up the guts (when there are no options), dont kick it backwards (when there is two minutes to go and we are 8 goals up), get of Raph you hopeless hack (when he has been given a hospital handpass and got caught with it) and miriad other ignorant stupid things.

But I have a right to talk over footballers (who have just played a high intensity game and are giving up their time) and also clap and cheer them in the Victory Room but abuse thjem and personally insult them when I am anonomous.

This post BTW was all done with dripping sarcasm.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I also yell, kick it up the guts (when there are no options), dont kick it backwards (when there is two minutes to go and we are 8 goals up), get of Raph you hopeless hack (when he has been given a hospital handpass and got caught with it) and miriad other ignorant stupid things.
+1.

Also, they should man up.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I totally agree.

But I think a big part of the problem is the shyte auction they have beforehand blasting over the PA... people just go into shutdown mode and stay there (I often just have a quick drink and then leave before it even starts).

Do the auction without the PA, anyone who is interested in a really awful framed drawing of Milne, or a Robert Eddy training jumper can gather around the stage.

markp
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I also yell, kick it up the guts (when there are no options), dont kick it backwards (when there is two minutes to go and we are 8 goals up), get of Raph you hopeless hack (when he has been given a hospital handpass and got caught with it) and miriad other ignorant stupid things.
+1.

Why wont they bloodywell man-up???

BigD
Club Player

markp wrote:I totally agree.

But I think a big part of the problem is the shyte auction they have beforehand blasting over the PA... people just go into shutdown mode and stay there (I often just have a quick drink and then leave before it even starts).

Do the auction without the PA, anyone who is interested in a really awful framed drawing of Milne, or a Robert Eddy training jumper can gather around the stage.
Couldn't agree more.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
+1.

I think it is because they cant hear the instructions to man up because everyone in the crowd is talking too loud.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
+1.

I think it is because they cant hear the instructions to man up because everyone in the crowd is talking too loud.
Maybe a hand signal would do the trick... players could grab their crotch and point to the sky.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Hire this guy as coach.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
+1.

Maybe a hand signal would do the trick... players could grab their crotch and point to the sky.
Probably end up impregnating half the audience.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
markp wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
+1.

Probably end up impregnating half the audience.
Always a possibility at a Saints game.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:
cowboy18 wrote:
+1.

Now that IS funny :lol:

Saints43
Club Player

The other issue is no one really wants to hear standard player speak. I'm sorry but the players just say the same thing "I am just happy to play my role/I don't mind where I play as long as I am helping the team/We are working hard on our structures/We have another tough one next week against [insert team name]." While I truely appreciate the effort that the players put in by coming down to the club at the end of the game maybe it would be better if we got more interviews with the staff and administrators of the club. The best interview I have seen this year was with Westaway, that is the sort of thing that people would be interested in hearing.
The Victory Room isn't the only bar open in the stadium after the game. Or in Melbourne for that matter.

The point of difference is that players do an interview in the VR. People who are not interested in what the (pre-advertised) players have to say can drink somewhere else. Or be quiet for the three minutes it takes to complete the interview.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:This post BTW was all done with dripping sarcasm.
It amazes me that you have to footnote your posts these days ;)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

Worked for Michael.

Lance or James??

fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:

Worked for Michael.
MJ was known to man up and boy up on more than one occasion.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:

Worked for Michael.
MJ was known to man up and boy up on more than one occasion.
In his defence he was a passionate advocate of the rookie list and getting bottom-aged talent in the draft.

bozza1980
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Its an absolute disgrace and shows no respect. If they stopped the players coming in because no one takes any notice everyone would be up in arms.
I had a very nice chat all through the boring interviews. Who cares what a bunch of players saying, its all footyspeak.

My opinion and voice is much more important than other peoples rights.

I also yell, kick it up the guts (when there are no options), dont kick it backwards (when there is two minutes to go and we are 8 goals up), get of Raph you hopeless hack (when he has been given a hospital handpass and got caught with it) and miriad other ignorant stupid things.

But I have a right to talk over footballers (who have just played a high intensity game and are giving up their time) and also clap and cheer them in the Victory Room but abuse thjem and personally insult them when I am anonomous.

This post BTW was all done with dripping sarcasm.
Gold

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Perhaps the problem could be solved by having the club purchase a decent PA.

But that would mean that they would value their supporters and sponsors.

Forget it..... silly idea. :oops:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe Beva could ask some semi-interesting questions. Just a thought.

Also , I agree the PA needs to be better.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Put two speakers at the front of stage at EAR level so the people who are facing the stage and are interested can at least hear over the top of the ingnorant ramblers.