Friday night's violence at McKinnon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philtee
Club Player

Friday night's violence at McKinnon

RANT BEGINS HERE -
Judging by the lack of posts on the issue, I would say, thankfully, that no Saintsational
members were caught up in the violence at McKinnon Station on Friday night.
But I guess there would have been plenty of footy supporters, especially Saints fans,
who were on that train – including families – who witnessed some pretty nauseating stuff.

The AFL and Metro trains should both be horrified that the violence occurred.
Night footy needs safe public transport – the footy-goer needs to know that they're
going to get home in one piece. If not, fans who don't want to drive might decide that they'd rather sit
in the comfort of their living room, watching matches on their plasma, rather than risk coming face to face with street pests.

I expect that Friday night's incident was a one-off event – even street hoods aren't dumb enough to pull the same sh*t twice.
Our next night game is against Geelong at the MCG in a few weeks time – I'll be catching the train there and back.

Interestingly, Metro Trains slogan is – "Melbourne's new metropolitan rail service offering safe and efficient transport to around
400,000 Melburnians every day."
It would be nice if they lived up to it.

RANT ENDS.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I thought this was about the McKinnon pub.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I thought this was about the McKinnon pub.
I've been a regular on and off at the McKinnon Hotel for forty odd years and have never seen any violence there whatsoever.

About the train event, I do know several people who were on that train and they are seriously considering not going to night games in the future.
Senseless violence like that is a blight on our society. They will be caught, because their pictures are all over the media, but it doesn't seem to deter these lowlifes at all.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

very funny Tugger...nothing wrong with the McKinnon pub nowadays BTW, but I'm sure I could get a few people to sort you out if need be.

I was on that train, but in the front carriage, and got off at McKinnon.

I saw what looked like a bit of a fight about half way down the train, and was surprised that the train stayed at the station for a while.

Only found out about the incident the following day.

Nothing dodgy in the front carriage, no one dodgy at the station, but it's not the first time there has been problems at McKinnon station.

My wife told me in no uncertain terms that when I next take the kids to footy, I'm driving. (they don't go to night games due to their age).
I hope the arseholes get what they deserve.
Last edited by saintspremiers on Tue 08 Jun 2010 9:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
I've been a regular on and off at the McKinnon Hotel for forty odd years and have never seen any violence there whatsoever.

About the train event, I do know several people who were on that train and they are seriously considering not going to night games in the future.
Senseless violence like that is a blight on our society. They will be caught, because their pictures are all over the media, but it doesn't seem to deter these lowlifes at all.
I have been a regular for 31 years and have seen a few incidences, especially the night someone came in the bar with a shot gun. That was pretty scary.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

I have been a regular for 31 years and have seen a few incidences, especially the night someone came in the bar with a shot gun. That was pretty scary.

couldn't find you eh???...where you hiding in the ladies toot....??? :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Glad I wasn't there that night. I've mainly been there on Thursday nights, started of as an after training drinking spot.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Friday night's violence at McKinnon

philtee wrote:Judging by the lack of posts on the issue, I would say, thankfully, that no Saintsational
members were caught up in the violence at McKinnon Station on Friday night.
i saw a nasty fight at southern cross station as i boarded a frankston line train after the match.

the offender, a punk of about 18-20, was punching and kicking the bejeesus out of some poor fellow. security got him and the police took him away in handcuffs. he was a nasty little prick.

i also noted on the news last night that a young girl was assaulted at cheltenham station, also on the frankston line, on friday night.

probably angry and drunken richmond fans taking out their frustrations.

shmic_s
Club Player

I live in McKinnon and only catch the train for day games.
Night games always drive in and park near the ground.
Not worth catching the train alone at night IMO.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I do wish these scum could be caught and publicly flogged.

Scary when you think of kids/elderly etc getting on trains and having to witness this trash let alon the innocent.

Public flogging do them good.

“Yeah….nah””
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Been catching the train since my first game early 2000's, day or night. I have seen some strange things but not really violent.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

This sort of stuff is just getting worse & worse.

Thank god I no longer have to put up with it.

The V/Line service to Geelong by comparison is safe, comfortable and indeed sociable.

Just have to dodge the ferals with their goon bags when you reach G'Town :D

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

It because all the bogans like in the Eastern Suburbs.

Nothing like that ever happens on the Werribee line :wink:

I'm with teflon, throw the book at these fkn cowards. Attacking women and children. Fkn hero's in a pack.

One guy filmed the prIcks on his mobile so I hopw they all get caught and get put in the big house and arse raped for years.

Fkn see you next tuesdays. :evil:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:It because all the bogans like in the Eastern Suburbs.

Nothing like that ever happens on the Werribee line :wink:

I'm with teflon, throw the book at these fkn cowards. Attacking women and children. Fkn hero's in a pack.

One guy filmed the prIcks on his mobile so I hopw they all get caught and get put in the big house and arse raped for years.

Fkn see you next tuesdays. :evil:
As a user of the Werribee line I can say it is safe during the night, because all the freaks are out during the day

:?

Problem is when these arsewipes get caught, the judge will say they had a hard up bringing and give then a suspended sentence

I love this club
bigred
Saintsational Legend

All the Rozzers were too busy sleeping behind a speed camera revenue raising to attend. Why are there no Police on "football specials" after a game? I mean, that is where all the people are?

I wouldn't blame anyone for not going to night games due to having to take your life into your hands on public transport.

I catch the train to games...being such an ugly prick has saved me a few times.

The street violence in this state, well in Melbourne now days is absolutely disgusting. Bunch of heroes hunting in packs, like these cowards.

Sorry to get political, but THIS government, AND the ones before it have dropped the ball completely when it comes to law and order.

I hope these blokes all end up facing court so they can get the good behaviour bonds they all deserve. :roll:

Lock em up and NEVER let them get a drivers license again...so they learn to appreciate public transport when they are thirty years old.

Weak fkn pricks that deserve an absolute hiding. As said above, I hope they all end up inside copping a pounding from some 140kg cross dresser named Bubba, who names their left butt cheek "law" and the right butt cheek "order"...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:All the Rozzers were too busy sleeping behind a speed camera revenue raising to attend. Why are there no Police on "football specials" after a game? I mean, that is where all the people are?

I wouldn't blame anyone for not going to night games due to having to take your life into your hands on public transport.

I catch the train to games...being such an ugly prick has saved me a few times.

The street violence in this state, well in Melbourne now days is absolutely disgusting. Bunch of heroes hunting in packs, like these cowards.

Sorry to get political, but THIS government, AND the ones before it have dropped the ball completely when it comes to law and order.

I hope these blokes all end up facing court so they can get the good behaviour bonds they all deserve. :roll:

Lock em up and NEVER let them get a drivers license again...so they learn to appreciate public transport when they are thirty years old.

Weak fkn pricks that deserve an absolute hiding. As said above, I hope they all end up inside copping a pounding from some 140kg cross dresser named Bubba, who names their left butt cheek "law" and the right butt cheek "order"...

Agree with every thing, your description of Bubba`s butt cheeks is quite vivid

The problem is that the lefties are far to soft on crime and they think it is more important to focus on talking to and educating these ppl, when they are common criminals and the only education they should get should be at the hands of Bubba.

The right of a judge to give a suspended sentence should be suspended

I love this club
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps the cheeks should be called "fair" and "Just"...

:P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote: The problem is that the lefties are far to soft on crime and they think it is more important to focus on talking to and educating these ppl, when they are common criminals and the only education they should get should be at the hands of Bubba.
piss off stillwaiting, I'm a leftie and reckon these pr1cks should be reamed to they bleed :evil:

However every case is different. In this particular case, they were pathetic cowards who terrorised women and children in a pack.

I think I hate the cowardliness of it all more than anything here. Fkn gutless like areswipes.
Stillwaiting wrote:The right of a judge to give a suspended sentence should be suspended
Dont be stupid. You want to live under a Stalinist rule? You want to live under totalitarian repression.

Everyone has rights, unfortunately even these arseholes. However judges aren't the fkwits that most shockjock MTR lunar right morons make them out to be.

These tossers can do time and most judges will give it to them.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

These tossers can do time and most judges will give it to them.
Maybe....

More than often with this situation, unless they have video footage of the person, or persons hitting that bloke over the head with a rock, they will all walk.

I hate this pack hunting bulltish. Especially against women and children...And the poor bloke who tries to help gets bricked to within an inch of his life...

Have there even been any arrests yet?
Vanished from the Hun website.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:And the poor bloke who tries to help gets bricked to within an inch of his life...
I know it's a very minor point in the context of all of this but I was just wondering if anyone knows whether this poor bloke was a Sainter.

Media said he came over from Tassie for the game so I figure he barracks for us or the Tiges.

Regardless, I wish him a speedy recovery (and an even speedier one if he's one of us :) )

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I can't imagine how terrifying that would have been for the kids that were on board that train, particularly the two 14yo's threatened by the thug with a broken stubby.

When I was in primary school, there was this one day at the local tennis courts and I remember seeing a kid, must've been about 14-15, receive a pummeling and a half by a group of thugs. I had never seen anything like it, I would've been 10-11 years old.

It took me weeks/months to get those images out of my head. I still remember how scared I was when it was all happening.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

always the Frankston line

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bigred
Saintsational Legend

What are you supposed to do in that situation?

Say you are on the train with a young child....do you just be a wallflower and stay between your kid and the trouble as much as possible...

What if you see someone getting absolutely beaten to death?

Messed up situation that no one should have to deal with.

**** me...Just imagining my...I guess somewhat "elderly" parents in that situation, or my brother with his two young boys who all catch the train together to night games....What a damn nightmare.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Weak fkn pricks that deserve an absolute hiding. As said above, I hope they all end up inside copping a pounding from some 140kg cross dresser named Bubba, who names their left butt cheek "law" and the right butt cheek "order"...
Now show me them butt cheeks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I regularly catch the train from Caulfield to the game. If it was just me and my brother, I'd wade in and try to help. If I had my wife and kids, I'd be extremely reluctant to put them at risk by getting involved if they weren't under any direct threat.