GT again....this time on Milney...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

GT again....this time on Milney...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/steph ... 5878165783

Is it just me, or is this guy just dial a quote now or what...

Could have just said something like...."Grats on the 200 Milney. If I had my way you never would have made it".

But no....just a coupla cheap shots before his milestone...

Classy.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

"There's no doubt Milney has improved some aspects of his game, but I haven't been there for four years''

For which we are forever grateful.

He has gotten better with a real coach, not some jackass who got the job from his then mate.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I think there's an ulterior motive in the article

Another opportunity awaits!
lurker#134
Club Player

What a bitter old man.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

That's the great thing about opinions, they can be proven wrong.

Actually, I have grown to like GT in the media, and can actually admit that I am starting to understand some of his more endearing qualities (not in regards to coaching, more his sense of humour and outlook on things sometimes)

Saintsfan
Club Player

SainterK wrote:That's the great thing about opinions, they can be proven wrong.

Actually, I have grown to like GT in the media, and can actually admit that I am starting to understand some of his more endearing qualities (not in regards to coaching, more his sense of humour and outlook on things sometimes)
Grant has testicles. Bigger and better testicles than almost everyone on this forum.

He has an opinion and 'puts it out there'. Good on him.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Batnoe
Club Player

he doesnt have testicles, he's an arrogant c***

GT says Milne has low self esteem, so then write an ad on how s*** he thinks he is.

GT, you're a freakin muppet. Get fuc***

Carn Saints
sainterinsydney
Club Player

I think Milney has definitely improved as a player, but I do feel he still has to prove the critics wrong in a final. I was dissapointed with his final series last year.

I still think GT cost us earlier premierships. The guy had no tactics. All he said to the guys was bomb it long to Roo and the G-Train. Also, don't forget his ridiculous beliefs on ruckman. Remember how Blake was a ruckman for the majority of games during his tenure. The guy is a joke.

Scoop
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:"There's no doubt Milney has improved some aspects of his game, but I haven't been there for four years''

For which we are forever grateful.
jb....I think I have unwittingly plagiarised you - I put a very similar comment on the article in the HUN.

Obviously great minds think alike. :lol:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

No, in this case, I believe GT is having an opinion on Milne which he himself admits it's probably well outdated.

If readers believe a 5 year outdated opinion is somehow applicable now, then silly them.

BTW, do we need so much swearing guys?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:I think there's an ulterior motive in the article
agree.

i think GT is just trying to crank him up for this week's game, because he knows we'll struggle to kick a winning score (under the current set up and on current form) without a significant contribution from the tiprat.

GT's right that milney's finals record is not the most impressive thing on his CV.

however, milne's performances interstate are vastly improved over the past two seasons.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

GT has always had a strong point about Milne. He has consistently failed to perform well when most needed, especially in finals.

GT has made quite a few bitchy comments in the media since his sacking, but I couldn't see much wrong with these ones.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:I still think GT cost us earlier premierships. The guy had no tactics. All he said to the guys was bomb it long to Roo and the G-Train.
Yes, well we've moved on from that tactic, haven't we? Now we just rely upon Riewoldt.........

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saintnick12
Club Player

GT has made this known on many occasions in the media over the last few years - both when he was on SEN, and as recently as last week on Footy Classifieds. I do think it is in bad taste to "go" Milney so ferociously on the eve of his 200th. He could have been a lot more tactful. Even the other night on FC he said something along the lines of how he could see he had improved, still would have sacked him and will not be convinced until he did it consistantly in finals. That part I could have accepted as it has been his long held opinion. But to start talking about him having low self esteem and not wanting to "pee down everyones back and not tell the truth", is over the top and not classy.
Like SainterK, I have grown to enjoy grant in the media. I enjoyed him calling games on SEN and was disappointed when they sacked him. I have also enjoyed him on Footy Classifieds. He has even said some quite complimentary things about Ross and his coaching over the journey even though he is quite conflicted in this area due to his own sacking. This Milney thing has been something he has been saying publicly ever since he was sacked, but to say it in the way he did last night was not good. He could have been a lot more tactful and praised the good points and congrats etc, without dragging the guy down. Hope he kicks a bagful over there this week. I hope Caro, Lyon and Hutchy take him to task over it on FC on MOnday night.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GT is a commentator on football. He is asked to comment and he tells the truth. I disagree but I dont disagree on his right to tell the truth.

Maybe a few of us throwing stones should look at the posts made on Milney after the GF or are we the only ones who are able to say Milney is no good on big games.

By the way you can bet like the Milney interview on the footy show that only certain quotes were picked out for the paper.

Badlands
Club Player

plugger66 wrote: Maybe a few of us throwing stones should look at the posts made on Milney after the GF or are we the only ones who are able to say Milney is no good on big games.
Do you mean to say people were on here posting after the grand final?
Hell, I locked myself in my room and cried for a month.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:GT has made this known on many occasions in the media over the last few years - both when he was on SEN, and as recently as last week on Footy Classifieds. I do think it is in bad taste to "go" Milney so ferociously on the eve of his 200th. He could have been a lot more tactful. Even the other night on FC he said something along the lines of how he could see he had improved, still would have sacked him and will not be convinced until he did it consistantly in finals. That part I could have accepted as it has been his long held opinion. But to start talking about him having low self esteem and not wanting to "pee down everyones back and not tell the truth", is over the top and not classy.
Agreed. Good post.

Saint Mik
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:I still think GT cost us earlier premierships. The guy had no tactics. All he said to the guys was bomb it long to Roo and the G-Train.
Yes, well we've moved on from that tactic, haven't we? Now we just rely upon Riewoldt.........
What game have you been watching this year meher baba, give me 8 and 3 any year at the half way mark, Just tell me how Ross has relied on Rooey again since round 3 :roll:

GT you are a flog, you have a opinion on Milne who has done very well for himself as a small forward and you think he is average yet he has kicked 403 goals, ANY coach in todays game would take that over a career.

Just tell us again with your odd opinion without going red in face on how Luke Ball is still an elite midfielder :roll: and how you cant believe we traded him, at least 1 of the 2 players will get a stat this weekend you tool.

Fair dinkum GT your opinion is nothing because as you said you have not been around for 4 years, how about giving credit on a blokes milestone game you halfwit.

No respect GT its no wonder you got the arse FIGJAM
Last edited by Saint Mik on Fri 11 Jun 2010 9:13am, edited 1 time in total.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Gainzo
Club Player

I read this drivel this morning and am still pretty pissed off. What is Thomas trying to prove with this crap?

We get it GT. You think Milne is a front running twat.....But you like him?

It's killing GT that the Saints are genuine Premiership threats since he got booted.

F*** Me!

The only thing I want is a Premiership. Is that too much to ask?
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:GT is a commentator on football. He is asked to comment and he tells the truth. I disagree but I dont disagree on his right to tell the truth.
correct. gt's mouth has got him into trouble many times, but i like about him that he stands his ground and speaks his mind.

it is true that with perhaps one exception milne's finals record is poor. he has something to prove this year.

perhaps a norm smith medal will settle the issue.
Last edited by bigcarl on Fri 11 Jun 2010 10:04am, edited 2 times in total.

suss
Club Player

Yeah, just read the article, what a scumbag. Milne is playing his 200th game and he decides to take a turd on his head.

He had the opportunity to be graceful but was his typical borish self.

It's interesting that he slags him off as being a downhill skier who can't play interstate...maybe the big oaf has forgetten about the game against Freo in 2008, when Milne kicked 3 after breaking his cheekbone in the first quarter, which helped us get a top 4 spot.

Oh that's right, he was sacked for being useless by then, as is his legacy...

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

The Melbourne media love GT because he stirs the pot and arguably, football need people like that. I wouldn't go as far to call him a character in the mould of Aka, but sometimes we need a good s**t stir, as it keeps the morale do-gooders honest (quite like this forum).

My criticism of GT is that since he got axed from the club, he has used the media to prop up his sympathy vote. He's eventually going to have to take his ex-St. Kilda coach hat off, because he's becoming quite predictable. So much of what he says and writes comes back to St. Kilda and the media will eventually tire of him.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
SainterK wrote:That's the great thing about opinions, they can be proven wrong.

Grant has testicles. Bigger and better testicles than almost everyone on this forum.

He has an opinion and 'puts it out there'. Good on him.
Still, it would be nice if Milney trod on GT's testicles during his run up to kick the winning goal of this years GF.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

"While Thomas emphasised he had "enormous admiration" for Milne, 30, and what he had achieved, he said the goal-snapper had not overcome his phobia of finals"

Milnes phobia of finals. Ok i didn't like most of the article and i mentioned this in another thread.

If Milne playes well in the finals we win the grand final. Players like Milne totally destroy the confidence of opposition teams and the way he kicks goals tends to raise our confidence to the level of total belief in the cause.

Milne playing well is also a symptom of everyone else in the team working their assess off to get the ball to the fowardline and create dangerous opportunity for our crumbing forwards.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:Milne playing well is also a symptom of everyone else in the team working their assess off to get the ball to the fowardline and create dangerous opportunity for our crumbing forwards.
The difference so far this year, to me, is that he appears to be working harder to make opportunities this year, opportunities he'd have probably not had in previous years due to his work rate. Not that it was ever bad, just he seemed to work harder when things were already rolling...he's been a leading light in Roo's absense so far this year.