Stanley will not play in Perth???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Stanley will not play in Perth???

Well I think with Pattison in the extended team with the other 4 talls and no Dawson i think they will go with Kosi at chf a mistake and either Pattison or big mc at ff.

I would run with kosi at fb or chb because our defence struggled with Jack taking big marks emagine with the pav blake or fisher ,Gwilt will get killed we carnt afford to give away goals to a good side it was bad enough to richmond.

IF kosi at fb he has pace on a short defenceive run,and height we could play stanley at chf and either mc or pattison at ff with gardiner alternating.

But iam a sinical and dont think this will happen i think stanley will be left out which will upset the balance of the team he has great pace (when he deciedes to use it) and is a good mark.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I would think if Stanley was going to use that pace then subi would be his best shot. IF they leave him out its a mistake for mine.

“Yeah….nah””
Calais
Club Player

Re: Stanley will not play in Perth???

You want to play Kosi on Pav in defence on the massive ground at subi?
Thats suicide mate.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I can't see any reason that you have presented that would put Pattison ahead of Stanley. Or is it just the vibe of the thing.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Stanley should play in Perth

I love this club
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Pattison named in Sandy final team
Heyne and Smith Not named in Sandy final side.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
footynut
Club Player

I think they will push Sandilands forward, and this may cause us some trouble. Now we all know that Kosi isnt in the best form so this may be our opportunity to send him dowm back. Leaving the young gungs Big Mac and Stanley in attack to compliment the 200 gamer.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

footynut wrote:I think they will push Sandilands forward, and this may cause us some trouble. Now we all know that Kosi isnt in the best form so this may be our opportunity to send him dowm back. Leaving the young gungs Big Mac and Stanley in attack to compliment the 200 gamer.
If Kosi goes back I dont go to Perth. Luckily I will be going to the game and Kosi will be playing forward.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

why

you think stanley will be left out for pattison but you haven't said why?

Stanley wont be left out for Pattison.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:Well I think with Pattison in the extended team with the other 4 talls and no Dawson i think they will go with Kosi at chf a mistake and either Pattison or big mc at ff.

I would run with kosi at fb or chb because our defence struggled with Jack taking big marks emagine with the pav blake or fisher ,Gwilt will get killed we carnt afford to give away goals to a good side it was bad enough to richmond.

IF kosi at fb he has pace on a short defenceive run,and height we could play stanley at chf and either mc or pattison at ff with gardiner alternating.

But iam a sinical and dont think this will happen i think stanley will be left out which will upset the balance of the team he has great pace (when he deciedes to use it) and is a good mark.
We must play Stanley. He is selected anyway but he went back last week in the last quarter last week. He is much better than Pattison up forward and has played at Subi so he knows the ground.

McEvoy will be our extra tall forward and I think Gardiner may go forward too. They should learn from the Essendon game that there is no harm in resting a ruckman down forward. Kosi can ruck if we need a rotation.

I think in the last few weeks the midfielders have contributed long goals. Joey, Dal, Peake, Lenny and BJ are all starting to ping from 50and a spread of goalkickers will beat Freo.

Don't forget we beat them here without Roo and they were on fire then. They are off the boil and Mark Harvey has sparked us and GT will have sparked Milney on his big day.

This is our midseason GF, I reckon Essendon can beat Geelong and if they do, we will really throw everything at Freo. 1st half is the key. Last year a lot of our games were over by half time. If we can jump them early and play a strong 2nd quarter we will silence the crowd.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Sat 12 Jun 2010 1:07am, edited 1 time in total.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
saint58 wrote:Well I think with Pattison in the extended team with the other 4 talls and no Dawson i think they will go with Kosi at chf a mistake and either Pattison or big mc at ff.

We must play Stanley. He is selected anyway but he went back last week in the last quarter last week. He is much better than Pattison up forward and has played at Subi so he knows the ground.
No doubt Stanley will play, Pattinson is to slow on Subi. These games have been good for Stanley and in my opinion he has shown plenty. Hope he still gets a game when Roo comes back

I love this club
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

No doubt Stanley will play, Pattinson is to slow on Subi. These games have been good for Stanley and in my opinion he has shown plenty. Hope he still gets a game when Roo comes back
I reckon if Stanley keeps improving, Kosi may be in trouble when Roo is back.

Lindsay Thomas kicked nearly as many goals in one night, than Kosi has kicked the whole time Roo has been out.

If Kosi doesn't fire this week, I think RL will have a real dilemma.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I reckon if Stanley keeps improving, Kosi may be in trouble when Roo is back.

Lindsay Thomas kicked nearly as many goals in one night, than Kosi has kicked the whole time Roo has been out.

If Kosi doesn't fire this week, I think RL will have a real dilemma.
I really hate to say it but I think Kosi may be gone when Roo comes back.
It would be hard to drop Stanley going out and McEvoy is well past Kosi now. It is a real shame, hope he fires this week.

I love this club
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

to the OP wtf :shock:

Another opportunity awaits!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:to the OP wtf :shock:
Not sure what language that is :)

I love this club
Finna
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
footynut wrote:I think they will push Sandilands forward, and this may cause us some trouble. Now we all know that Kosi isnt in the best form so this may be our opportunity to send him dowm back. Leaving the young gungs Big Mac and Stanley in attack to compliment the 200 gamer.
If Kosi goes back I dont go to Perth. Luckily I will be going to the game and Kosi will be playing forward.

Agreed. Kosi is NOT a back!

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Stillwaiting wrote:
Not sure what language that is :)
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ? :wink:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Kosinski CHB. Domination!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

No change, I say. What benefit would there be in changing the team? Zac was the only inclusion that would have made a difference IMO.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Hmm, on that AFL Match Centre thing he isn't listed or do they just knock off a few of the extended bench?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:Hmm, on that AFL Match Centre thing he isn't listed or do they just knock off a few of the extended bench?
Looks like they have just cut off the last 3 from the squad announced on thursday? No announcement that they have young smith coming in for stanley? Wrong move BTW

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

agreed....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote:
Gabba wrote:Hmm, on that AFL Match Centre thing he isn't listed or do they just knock off a few of the extended bench?
Looks like they have just cut off the last 3 from the squad announced on thursday? No announcement that they have young smith coming in for stanley? Wrong move BTW
Indeed, not really the best system by the AFL...