kosi contract status

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

kosi contract status

is it not funny that this is the 2nd time near the end of kosi's contract that he begins to play well.

last year of his contract.

is it a coincidence?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Who cares as long as he plays a blinder in the GF. If he leaves so be it

Another opportunity awaits!
saint vince
Club Player

Re: kosi contract status

saintly wrote:is it not funny that this is the 2nd time near the end of kosi's contract that he begins to play well.

is it a coincidence?
I don't mean to ruin your theories there but I rekon that his contract negotiations have taken a pounding this year. His pay would significantly drop IMO.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:is it not funny that this is the 2nd time near the end of kosi's contract that he begins to play well.

is it a coincidence?
He was very good sunday.....but for most parts has been utterly terrible for the entire year. One good game out of 10 hardly equates to him playing well to push his price up. Hopefully he does play a few good one's on the way home,for the teams benefit,and then maybe he will hold some value in october...

Bring back the Lockett era
saintly
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:

is it a coincidence?
He was very good sunday.....but for most parts has been utterly terrible for the entire year. One good game out of 10 hardly equates to him playing well to push his price up. Hopefully he does play a few good one's on the way home,for the teams benefit,and then maybe he will hold some value in october...
i would agree with you, however, do you remember when he had the 4 good games in a row, that was also on his last year of his contract. Based on the 4 games, he had a big increase in pay. He did not much after that.

Although it was GT that was doing his contract at that time. Not sure what happened after that.
Last edited by saintly on Wed 16 Jun 2010 11:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Did his contract expire mid way through last year?

3:16
Club Player

Kosi airn't signed with us, but he may be signed, if you get my drift!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
markp
Saintsational Legend

Could GC become everyones most hated team?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:Kosi airn't signed with us, but he may be signed, if you get my drift!!!!!
Not really, could you explain please?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Meh...

Whatever will be will be.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
3:16 wrote:Kosi airn't signed with us, but he may be signed, if you get my drift!!!!!
He may be palming the ball to G.Ablett, next year, whom then goes on and hits Hunt on the tit for a goal!!!!!

Clear enough!!!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
He means he has signed elsewhere. I will go out on a limb and unless he is Kosi, or from Kosi's family or his manager he or anyone else wouldnt know.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
He may be palming the ball to G.Ablett, next year, whom then goes on and hits Hunt on the tit for a goal!!!!!

Clear enough!!!!!
Thanks, I assume by saying 'may' instead of 'will' that it's an educated guess?

Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
He means he has signed elsewhere. I will go out on a limb and unless he is Kosi, or from Kosi's family or his manager he or anyone else wouldnt know.
Very thin limb, more like a match-stick my ol' plugg, you'd be suprised who'd know, many in the media now the 14 signed players, it's that the AFL has put a media ban on the names being released, so I'm not alone when I say, it may have been leaked somewhere!!!!!

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Very thin limb, more like a match-stick my ol' plugg, you'd be suprised who'd know, many in the media now the 14 signed players, it's that the AFL has put a media ban on the names being released, so I'm not alone when I say, it may have been leaked somewhere!!!!!
The AFL and clubs may be able to work with the media to ensure TV and Radio interviews are soft serve, but there's no way they'd be able to suppress that if it fell into a journo's hands.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
So a club who has as many as seven young A grade 18-19yo potential forwards - Dixon, Shreeve, Liddy, Patrick, Magin, Coad, and Moss plus Nathan Ablett plus Karmichael Hunt as a project player who will probably play forward and which has a window opening post 2013 will chase a fickle big man of diminishing athletic ability who will be 32 or 33 when the club's window is open.

Yep. I can see your logic.

Come on. It makes as much sense as Rex hunt on acid.

Kosi ain't going nowhere.

If you want to build a GC hit list, find all the uncontracted's at every club and pick the ones who are 24 and under. Any older types will be midfielders. They have plenty of KP talent already.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
So a club who has as many as seven young A grade 18-19yo potential forwards - Dixon, Shreeve, Liddy, Patrick, Magin, Coad, and Moss plus Nathan Ablett plus Karmichael Hunt as a project player who will probably play forward and which has a window opening post 2013 will chase a fickle big man of diminishing athletic ability who will be 32 or 33 when the club's window is open.

Yep. I can see your logic.

Come on. It makes as much sense as Rex hunt on acid.

Kosi ain't going nowhere.

If you want to build a GC hit list, find all the uncontracted's at every club and pick the ones who are 24 and under. Any older types will be midfielders. They have plenty of KP talent already.
I think 3:16 is suggesting he will play in the ruck...

markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:It makes as much sense as Rex hunt on acid.
Would that be Rex on the acid trying to make sense, or someone trying to make sense of Rex while they're on acid?
Last edited by markp on Thu 17 Jun 2010 4:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re Kosi as GC ruckman: Zac Smith, Rory Thompson, Tom Nicholls and Tim Pluimer beg to differ.

Nicholls will take two years to get up to scratch and fill out.

The rest are well up to it.

And if Josh Fraser still gets an occasional game at a top 4 club, the others I mentioned would be close to AFL standard now.

Besides the same logic applies. They have project players already. They won't waste money or picks on anything that treads water.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Would that be Rex on the acid trying to make sense, or someone trying to make sense of Rex while they're on acid?
Both, and at the same time!!

In different spectrums of consciousness of course...

markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
markp wrote:
Both, and at the same time!!

In different spectrums of consciousness of course...
That could get fairly hectic.

Beekay
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't count on either.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Not Kosi!!! :cry: :evil:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Batnoe
Club Player

Why would they care if he will be 32 to 33 when their time is due?

they will want to be competitive from the start. The state needs them to do well from the outset so getting players that will play for them is needed

Carn Saints
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

Exactly right, sheer speculation