The MRP will have a lot to answer for

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

The MRP will have a lot to answer for

If stevie J doesn't g for at least three weeks. I would be happy for baker to cop a week (very soft but when you have a 50% loading for a player running into you it will always cop you a week).

You cannot elbow a player in the head at that force and get away with it. The cats think the own this world but guess what pussys, the SAINTS ARE COMING!!!
Last edited by Solar on Sun 27 Jun 2010 10:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

3 for which one?

The first one, or the second one?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Johnson's only defence would be provocation and that has never been upheld in the history of the game as far as I know.

He'll get three I hope.

If Bakes cops more than one something is very wrong with the system. If he goes it will have to be for the little upper cut rather than the business about him hurting Stevie J's injured hand.

lefty
Club Player

What about Mooney's punch to the face on Blake?

Fkn's channel 7 didn't replay that did they?

Didn't hear Harley say s*** did we.... yea just talk about Baker, but if your Mooney, don't say anything.

Kate
Club Player

Didn't Headland get off after whacking Selwood because Selwood provoked him by saying he'd shagged Headland's 8 yo daughter?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

there is a big thread going over at big footy about sam fisher allegedly punching an injured bartel in the arm as he was being helped off.

the geelong fans are blueing about it.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 4&t=724106

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:there is a big thread going over at big footy about sam fisher allegedly punching an injured bartel in the arm as he was being helped off.

the geelong fans are blueing about it.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 4&t=724106
He barely touched his arm. If the pussies think that is a punch, they are softer than I thought :roll:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The response to this whole thing is nothing short of baffling.

Storm in a teacup or what?

I wasn't at the game - I live in Qld - so I appreciate you might see some things at the ground that TV doesn't pick up. Even so, on the TV footage I saw (mind you through eyes soaked in a fine bottle of Barossa shiraz) there was a wild elbow from Johnson that started low and went high like he was trying to sink it through Baker's temple. Looked terrible, but couldn't say for certain it was the one that split Bakes open.

On the other side of the coin there was a half pulled Baker jumper punchish jab to SJ's chin that maybe/maybe not hit the target, a kind of dismissive Baker swat at SJ's wrist and a pretty innocuous looking love tap to SJ's guts of the type that you see maybe thirty times a game.

What's the big deal?

Baker was being Baker. Johnson was frustrated. Baker was nothing more than antagonistic and niggly, but Johnson went at Baker with apparent intent to maim.

Baker no case to answer.

Johnson 2-4 weeks.

The Fisher thing I had no idea about.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I personally didn't like Baker hitting Johnsons hand, and I didn't like Fisher attempting to bump Bartel while going off in the hands of the trainers.

derby Street
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I personally didn't like Baker hitting Johnsons hand, and I didn't like Fisher attempting to bump Bartel while going off in the hands of the trainers.
Yikes - I must stop going to the footy and watching replays - The Fisher Bump :shock: I didn't notice at the game and certainly wouldn't call what I saw on the Fox replay a bump.

St Michele
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I personally didn't like Baker hitting Johnsons hand, and I didn't like Fisher attempting to bump Bartel while going off in the hands of the trainers.
I agree I hated seeing what Brisbane did to Roo and knowing his hand was injured Bakes probably pushed the buttons a bit too far.

Missed the other thing though, I just think if someone is injured though they should come off the field...

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
Yikes - I must stop going to the footy and watching replays - The Fisher Bump :shock: I didn't notice at the game and certainly wouldn't call what I saw on the Fox replay a bump.
Attempted, intention was there....I have no problem with a physical contest at all, but I just think our boys are better than that.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I'm being pedantic again, but what does MVP have to do with this thread.
Most Valuable Player doesn't seem to have anything relevant here. I thought it was about Riewoldt.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

perhaps the MRP let Judd off because they went hard on him for the eye gouging last year....

That's how they seem to work.

Dunno if they owe SJ any favours though....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Whilst not a lot in it.......think fisher wish he had not made contact with bartel when bartel leaving the ground injured....

Likely outcome?

any thoughts..

Does not look good....even though minor contact.

saint4life
matrix
Saintsational Legend

whaaaaaaaaa

dont cry, eat ya cake cats fans

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Baker will get screwed.

You watch...screwed.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

he'll go for the uppercut red i reckon

im guessing SJ will get offered two and somehow get it to one

F*** knows how

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Seriously...

I've just looked at the incidents again...

Baker's stuff is just part and parcel of a modern day run with job. Besides, as far as I can tell the whack to the midriff was more a forearm to the side (no vision of contact with the fist), and the tap on the chin was exaggerated by Johnson leaping backwards to attract attention to the incident. That tap to the hand, whilst probably unnecessary, wouldn't have torn tissue paper. It's not like a loose hand swinging in the breeze is a solid target...it'd be like whacking a totem tennis ball...

If Baker goes - which I don't think he should - then Mooney simply MUST go for whacking Blake. Vision showed closed fist to the jaw.

If Johnson DOESN'T go, something is very wrong. His elbow started low and went high. He, it seems from the footage, intended contact with the head.

Likely outcome?

Baker three to four... Everyone else gets off.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Something is seriously wrong if Johnson does not go for at least 2 weeks.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Fkn nice little uppercut it was too....

Knocked his head back nice and sharp like... :P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
supersaints
Club Player

chook23 wrote:Whilst not a lot in it.......think fisher wish he had not made contact with bartel when bartel leaving the ground injured....

Likely outcome?

any thoughts..

Fish only pushed Bartell with a clenched fist, a very soft push at that. I recorded the bit from the footy show on Sunday and replayed it ten times. Absolutely nothing to worry about.. then again he does play for nthe Saints so maybe I we should worry...

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
chook23 wrote:Whilst not a lot in it.......think fisher wish he had not made contact with bartel when bartel leaving the ground injured....

Likely outcome?

any thoughts..

Fish only pushed Bartell with a clenched fist, a very soft push at that. I recorded the bit from the footy show on Sunday and replayed it ten times. Absolutely nothing to worry about.. then again he does play for nthe Saints so maybe I we should worry...
As I mentioned not much in it but AFL made it quite clear any contact/interference would not be tolerated.

saint4life
saint vince
Club Player

I see no problem with the punch on Stevie J hand as I saw no problem with the Birsbane attack on Rooey once he ran away from the trainers. If you are on the ground you are there to play. If you are injured go off.

However the feeling of the last four weeks has seen everything go against the tagger and everything for the eventual aggressor.

They say that provacation is not a defence but there is no other reason that Hall got a reprimand for nearly killing someone and Judd got off for the hit on Pav.

My prediction is Bakes will get one for striking because of his loading and Stevie J will get 1 or maybe a reprimand because they will say it was neglegent and low impact and head high contact.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:
I agree I hated seeing what Brisbane did to Roo and knowing his hand was injured Bakes probably pushed the buttons a bit too far.

Missed the other thing though, I just think if someone is injured though they should come off the field...
I personally believe that what Brisbane did to Roo, was the difference between them being a 3-time Premiership team, and them being an 'also ran'.

What Baker and Fisher did on Friday night, and the attitude displayed in doing it, could be the difference between us being a Premiership team or an 'also ran'.