MRP and Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

MRP and Pies

Interesting to watch this. I've only seen the Cloke incident.

From this morning's Age...

"While the Saints were delighted with the comebacks of Riewoldt and Jason Gram, their next opponent, Collingwood, faces a nervous wait ahead of today's findings from the AFL's match review panel.

Key forward Travis Cloke was charged with striking Travis Boak with a raised forearm behind play in Friday night's win at AAMI Stadium, while Jack Anthony could be cited for two bumps that made contact to the head. Dale Thomas could also find himself in trouble for a jumper punch.

On a positive note, skipper Nick Maxwell, who has not played since round 12, Leon Davis (neck) and Brad Dick (shoulder) could return for Saturday afternoon's clash at the MCG."

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Im not just sying this because we are playing them next..but Cloke seriously has to go

Ran past Boak a mile from the play, cocked his elbow and whacked him. No doubt of intent and it was nowhere near where the ball was

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

...king hit...mongrel act by a mongrel person and a sh!t player...would rather have him in the side, actually...he can't play football....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
supersaints
Club Player

Daisy should go for the jumper punch, it was more forcefull than any of Bakers love taps, and in front of the umpire but then this is the filth and the AFL, Not a chance in hell of any consistancy...............

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
backit
Club Player

No way that Cloke cannot go, it was deliberate, late, forceful, behind play, attacked the head, the player was not expecting it, ticks all the boxes to me plus he has a loading.

Daisy Thomas as I previously said should go it was a strike to the head in front of the umpire who did pay a free against him but was a lot worse than any of Bakes soft hits.

Didn't see the Anthony one but heard commentators saying he will be in trouble.

Whilst we want to play sides with their best players, Cloke is more of a hinderance to their cause, Thomas floats in and out but can do some good things and Anthony is just a plodder. They probably have players waiting to get in who would easily cover the loss of any of these.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm going to disagree with everyone re Cloke. Yes he will go for a stupid undisciplined act - but I would say he is one of their most important players. Who else can play that role? Don't be sucked in by the missed shots in front of goal - he is one of the best contested marks in the comp I reckon. Losing Daisy is a massive loss to them as well as he has been in very good form, better than I've ever seen him play. I'm yet to see the jumper punch incident so it will be interesting. What we need to remember about Bakes is the massive loading re bad record. If Thomas doesn't have much of a record he will probably have his penalty REDUCED for a good record and early plea. Will most likely end up a reprimand by the sounds of it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I'm going to disagree with everyone re Cloke. Yes he will go for a stupid undisciplined act - but I would say he is one of their most important players. Who else can play that role? Don't be sucked in by the missed shots in front of goal - he is one of the best contested marks in the comp I reckon. Losing Daisy is a massive loss to them as well as he has been in very good form, better than I've ever seen him play. I'm yet to see the jumper punch incident so it will be interesting. What we need to remember about Bakes is the massive loading re bad record. If Thomas doesn't have much of a record he will probably have his penalty REDUCED for a good record and early plea. Will most likely end up a reprimand by the sounds of it.
Cloke straightens them up in attack because he can catch the cross kick in traffic and he leads up hard.

He is a shite kick tho. Makes Rhys Stanley look like Plugger.

Anthony is a VFL player. No more no less.

Thomas would be a bigger hit, but he won't get anything but points.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I'm going to disagree with everyone re Cloke. Yes he will go for a stupid undisciplined act - but I would say he is one of their most important players. Who else can play that role?
Chris Dawes, also Leigh Brown, both have done well against us in the past. Agreed though, I'm sure the Pies would rather have Cloke in, but we've got his measure more than the two I mentioned, Anthony also.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Im not just sying this because we are playing them next..but Cloke seriously has to go

Ran past Boak a mile from the play, cocked his elbow and whacked him. No doubt of intent and it was nowhere near where the ball was
So he'll only get a week with an early plea.

Corrupt bastards the MRP are :twisted:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Cloke will get 2 - 3 weeks, no problem.

They will miss him.

Gives them some sort of target, regardless of his inconsistent kicking.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:...king hit...mongrel act by a mongrel person and a sh!t player...would rather have him in the side, actually...he can't play football....
I have the same view. He is such a liability I would prefer him in their team.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
stinger wrote:...king hit...mongrel act by a mongrel person and a sh!t player...would rather have him in the side, actually...he can't play football....
I have the same view. He is such a liability I would prefer him in their team.

thumbs up fingers.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Changed my mind on Cloke. Will go for at least a week. Dont care how many he gets as we only play them this week. Anthony will be touch and go. Daisy is a million to one to go for that little love tap. Dont care what Baker got im talking Daisy this week.

lurker#134
Club Player

Yes, let them put Davis in. I don't think he could banana kick his way out of a wet paper bag at the moment.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Changed my mind on Cloke. Will go for at least a week. Dont care how many he gets as we only play them this week. Anthony will be touch and go. Daisy is a million to one to go for that little love tap. Dont care what Baker got im talking Daisy this week.
I agree p66 if Thomas goes it will be a disgrace! I do think Anthony could be in trouble though!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Changed my mind on Cloke. Will go for at least a week. Dont care how many he gets as we only play them this week. Anthony will be touch and go. Daisy is a million to one to go for that little love tap. Dont care what Baker got im talking Daisy this week.
Good points on all three. Anthony is another one of those "umm-ahh" decisoon the MRP has had all year so that will be touch and go and Cloke should be at least a week. Daisy's shouldn't warrant any extra attention.

AlpineStars
Club Player

The worst thing about the Thomas jumper punch was the player he struck had just helped him get up off the ground and he smacked him.

Wake me up when September ends.
saintDal
Club Player

St Kilda’s Sam Gilbert can accept a reprimand for rough conduct on Brisbane’s Simon Black.

His teammate Jason Black can also accept a reprimand for tripping Lions player Jack Redden.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
So glad Black and Gilbert didn't get suspended :wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Anyone driving past MMM in Melbourne between 6.00am-9.00am tomorrow will need to fit heavy duty ear muffs. The squealing coming out of that building will sound very much like a homeless BOAR PIG !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:Anyone driving past MMM in Melbourne between 6.00am-9.00am tomorrow will need to fit heavy duty ear muffs. The squealing coming out of that building will sound very much like a homeless BOAR PIG !!
The Cloke family will have the condolence book set out at home, similar to the time whatever Cloke got rubbed out and missed the grand final.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
Eastern wrote:Anyone driving past MMM in Melbourne between 6.00am-9.00am tomorrow will need to fit heavy duty ear muffs. The squealing coming out of that building will sound very much like a homeless BOAR PIG !!
The Cloke family will have the condolence book set out at home, similar to the time whatever Cloke got rubbed out and missed the grand final.
Given that they managed to convince the AFL that Nick Maxwell smashing a guys jaw in was not worth 4 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pies appeal and Cloke gets nothing.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I can never work out if I should listen to Eddiewood on MMM after something like this happens just for a laugh. He will be squaking tomorrow morning.
I turned of MMM because of him but its funny when they feel they are hard done by (all the time.
Between him and darcy they can really spin the shyte

I love this club
35...LEGEND
Club Player

degruch wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:
Given that they managed to convince the AFL that Nick Maxwell smashing a guys jaw in was not worth 4 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pies appeal and Cloke gets nothing.

Again the MRP find a way to screw the saints........rubbing out Cloke is a big loss for us.

APPEAL PIES :lol:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:
degruch wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:

Again the MRP find a way to screw the saints........rubbing out Cloke is a big loss for us.

APPEAL PIES :lol:
I dunno...he due...to get a kick against us.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Cloke can definately play.