I like Kosi he needs to put in or he is out!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

I like Kosi he needs to put in or he is out!!!!

Kosi has been a great player for us but its time that we need to move on and look what is best for the team.

He just is one dimentional and these days thats not good play Stanley or Walsh these guys will put in are big and exciting and can mark.

ITs getting to close to finals to carry any players now so bite the bullet and drop him.

Allso get Big Mc back patto did ok but not as effective up forward as mc can be.

Even put in Armo he is hard and can kick a goal.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

I love Kosi but he just isn't getting involved enough, if Ross won't keep him in the ruck he should be dropped. Stanley and McEvoy offered just as much up forward if not more and they also can rotate through the ruck. No longer a walk up start imo, needs to earn it.

Longwayfromhome
Club Player

I always love the term "Kosi has been a great player for us"
Has he ?
He had a good half a season last year, but I reckon that was about it.
We like to give this guy a lot more credit then he deserves. Why ?

Leave your ego's in the locker when you start and pick them up again when you retire
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:I always love the term "Kosi has been a great player for us"
Has he ?
Because we've seen his best so we always hope he can get back to it. Sadly he will never live down being a No. 2 draft pick, winning the Rising Star award, polling 11 Brownlow Votes in 4 games in 2005 and kicking 48 goals last year.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Longwayfromhome wrote:I always love the term "Kosi has been a great player for us"
Has he ?
well he kicked 60 odd goals last year for starters. not a bad effort. how many players in saints history have done that?

but yeah. hes played awful all year.

then there is the other fact. tall markin fwds done grow on trees. so they get away with more crap games.

but i reckon stanley provides more. so kosi should pull his finger out.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If he needs to be dropped, he will be dropped, if Ross believes he needs to continue to play, he will continue to play....it's quite simple really.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:If he needs to be dropped, he will be dropped, if Ross believes he needs to continue to play, he will continue to play....it's quite simple really.
That is true. I think the point is he was kept before to keep structure in Roos absence, but we have games under Stanley and Mac now and Nick is back. So structure will still be maintained.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Has he ?
well he kicked 60 odd goals last year for starters. not a bad effort. how many players in saints history have done that?

but yeah. hes played awful all year.

then there is the other fact. tall markin fwds done grow on trees. so they get away with more crap games.

but i reckon stanley provides more. so kosi should pull his finger out.
Oh yeah, he really kicked 60 odd. Kosi has not been a great player for us, he has been a good player thats it :roll:

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bigred
Saintsational Legend

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:48.
that's what i thought

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
that's what i thought
Yeah same here, to Con, that is not quite 60 odd

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I saw on the scoreboard today, our 5 leading goalkickers and Dal Santo was 5th with 12. So Kosi has kicked less than 12 goals this year for a team that is in the Top 4 and plays as a key forward. I wonder whether Podsiadly would be playing in Geelong's first 22 if he kicked less than 12 goals in 15 games as a Full Forward.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:I saw on the scoreboard today, our 5 leading goalkickers and Dal Santo was 5th with 12. So Kosi has kicked less than 12 goals this year for a team that is in the Top 4 and plays as a key forward. I wonder whether Podsiadly would be playing in Geelong's first 22 if he kicked less than 12 goals in 15 games as a Full Forward.
It's been a tale of woe ever since he split the webbing in his hand approximately R16 last year

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:I saw on the scoreboard today, our 5 leading goalkickers and Dal Santo was 5th with 12. So Kosi has kicked less than 12 goals this year for a team that is in the Top 4 and plays as a key forward. I wonder whether Podsiadly would be playing in Geelong's first 22 if he kicked less than 12 goals in 15 games as a Full Forward.
i want to see how a stanley/riewoldt forward line goes. kosi either rucks or is out.

if we need someone who can contest in a pack and bring it to ground for the little blokes, the other ruckman can do that.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
i want to see how a stanley/riewoldt forward line goes. kosi either rucks or is out.

if we need someone who can contest in a pack and bring it to ground for the little blokes, the other ruckman can do that.
I've had enough now as well but he won't be dropped, structurally important to Ross. See where he's coming from- Ross the boss is very conservative

Griggsy
SS Life Member

I think he kicked his 12th today and he has played 11 games this season. Still poor though.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: I like Kosi he needs to put in or he is out!!!!

saint58 wrote:Kosi has been a great player for us but its time that we need to move on and look what is best for the team.

He just is one dimentional and these days thats not good play Stanley or Walsh these guys will put in are big and exciting and can mark.

ITs getting to close to finals to carry any players now so bite the bullet and drop him.

Allso get Big Mc back patto did ok but not as effective up forward as mc can be.

Even put in Armo he is hard and can kick a goal.
McEvoy effective up forward. :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :?
He can't kick for goal.
If Luke Ball can't kick over a jam tin then McEvoy is a jam tin kicking for goal.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
that's what i thought
Yeah same here, to Con, that is not quite 60 odd
i was rounding up to the nearest 12 :lol:

spert
Saintsational Legend

If you want hard facts, Kosi hasn't played anywhere near his best since the middle of last season, and has gone downhill since then. McEvoy is ahead of him as is Patto at the moment. I think he will struggle to hold his place after yesterday.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

spert wrote:If you want hard facts, Kosi hasn't played anywhere near his best since the middle of last season, and has gone downhill since then. McEvoy is ahead of him as is Patto at the moment. I think he will struggle to hold his place after yesterday.

Spot on! He was flying till half way last year! Since then, absolutely nothing.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

fact
ill put 100 bucks on him staying

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Like the rest of us, I've had enough of Kosi's non efforts. His body language is terrible and when he goes near it he offers no presence. Maybe 3 weeks at Sandy can fix that. 12 goals from 12 matches is terrible output from a full forward. Even Pattison looks more dangerous than Kosi when he gets it kicked to him. There seems to be something wrong with Kosi. Don't know what but there is something physically wrong. His coordination seems to be shot.

Another opportunity awaits!