Saints v Hawks - confident?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StNoodles
Club Player

Saints v Hawks - confident?

How is everyone feeling about our chances on Friday night?

All of my mates go for the Hawks, so if there's one H&A game each year I want us to win, it's this one!

Will be a real battle of the mids IMO. Let's hope ours put in a much better performance than last week.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Re: Saints v Hawks - confident?

StNoodles wrote:How is everyone feeling about our chances on Friday night?

All of my mates go for the Hawks, so if there's one H&A game each year I want us to win, it's this one!

Will be a real battle of the mids IMO. Let's hope ours put in a much better performance than last week.
A lot of mine too............a win this week would be very pleasing.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hmm, my hubby goes for the Hawks :?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Quietly Confident, although some concern with our jinx (Rogerwa) coming to town :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Badlands
Club Player

I'm confident we'll give a very good account of ourselves. I think it'll be a very close, rather low-scoring game. We'll need to kick more accurately than last week, but think we can get over the line.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
3:16
Club Player

Always confident, Always!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
yipper
SS Life Member

3:16 wrote:Always confident, Always!!!!!
Is everyone over what ailed them this time last week stonecold?? How's the coach going? firing on all cylinders this week??

I share your confidence. this team knows what it needs to do.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
3:16
Club Player

yipper wrote:
Is everyone over what ailed them this time last week stonecold?? How's the coach going? firing on all cylinders this week??

Yes, it think Yipp, bad case of the "Filth Bug", all will be firing on Friday my ol' mate!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
yipper
SS Life Member

3:16 wrote:
yipper wrote:

Yes, it think Yipp, bad case of the "Filth Bug", all will be firing on Friday my ol' mate!!!!!
Good to hear. If the saints come to play - them hawks will get plucked!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'd feel a lot more confident with Kosi out of the side and someone else in there willing to have a crack at marking the ball and then being able to kick it....say Eddy, or floating Gardi up forward as a legitimate option.

I'm just lost for trying to work out why Kosi has these shockers in form. So much promise!

That said, I'm quietly confident.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Hoping like hell the boys get up, I will be there cheering my loudest. Would love to see a win live.

I have faith in the red, white and black

GO SAINTERS

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Saint Mik
Club Player

Think back to how you felt before the Geelong game and how you felt after it, of course we should be confident.

1 loss to Collingwood and the world is caving in :roll:

We will not put in 2 performances like that one last week, people soon forget just how good we are.

Just as we were up and due for a loss, the Hawks are due and we will get it done at Etihad.

CARN THE SAINTS

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
saintly
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Hmm, my hubby goes for the Hawks :?
my partner goes for the hawks as well.

if the hawks win, i won't hear the end of it all weekend.

and we will celebrating our anniversary. :shock: it will be a bad anniversay if the hawkes win. :(

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Kosi is the barometer.

... we will win any game in which Kosi can stand up and take 6 plus marks inside 50 and kick 3 plus goals at FF.

Roo consistently does that from CHF... Kosi needs to start kicking 3 goals from FF or he can just watch losers like Macaffer do it at the other end.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I think we will lose.

I'm not confident.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I think we will lose.

I'm not confident.
You sound reasonably confident that we will lose.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

saintspremiers wrote:I think we will lose.

I'm not confident.
We were lousy last week but so was our kicking for goal - if we kicked 16 goals 6 we would have still beaten the Pies (who kicked 15 goals 10).

Let's take some comfort in that. :cry:

Also if you're not going to be confident - can you at least not be confident re: our inaccuracy again (for goal) - that's where I want you to be not confident.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Not good.

We have looked deadset shiit for the past fortnight. If that changes then we can win.

If it doesn't, we'll get belted.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

10 goal loss. It's over. The club's stuffed. We're the worst side ever. Our bottom six are s***. Roo's not the same. Kosi can't play. Our midfield's tired. Our plan's been worked out. We're moving to Frankston. The Hun writes mean articles. A Current Affair's mean to us too. We are crap. Really crap. Really REALLY crap. We'll never win again. Global warming's our fault. So to famine in Africa. And Tony Abbott as well. He's gonna win and ruin the country with his mediocre creationist neo-right dullness all because St Kilda can't play. And I blame Raph. And Xavier Clarke and his crappy knee and hammies. And Rod Butterss. And GT. GT especially. We're gonna lose because of him. And his non existent training services department. And his coffee addiction. And all that booze. Ten goals? No. TWENTY goals. Buddy's gonna kick 15. ZAC!! I blame Zac. He's s*** because he plays for us.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:10 goal loss. It's over. The club's stuffed. We're the worst side ever. Our bottom six are s***. Roo's not the same. Kosi can't play. Our midfield's tired. Our plan's been worked out. We're moving to Frankston. The Hun writes mean articles. A Current Affair's mean to us too. We are crap. Really crap. Really REALLY crap. We'll never win again. Global warming's our fault. So to famine in Africa. And Tony Abbott as well. He's gonna win and ruin the country with his mediocre creationist neo-right dullness all because St Kilda can't play. And I blame Raph. And Xavier Clarke and his crappy knee and hammies. And Rod Butterss. And GT. GT especially. We're gonna lose because of him. And his non existent training services department. And his coffee addiction. And all that booze. Ten goals? No. TWENTY goals. Buddy's gonna kick 15. ZAC!! I blame Zac. He's s*** because he plays for us.
Nice Tirade

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Thinline wrote:10 goal loss. It's over. The club's stuffed. We're the worst side ever. Our bottom six are s***. Roo's not the same. Kosi can't play. Our midfield's tired. Our plan's been worked out. We're moving to Frankston. The Hun writes mean articles. A Current Affair's mean to us too. We are crap. Really crap. Really REALLY crap. We'll never win again. Global warming's our fault. So to famine in Africa. And Tony Abbott as well. He's gonna win and ruin the country with his mediocre creationist neo-right dullness all because St Kilda can't play. And I blame Raph. And Xavier Clarke and his crappy knee and hammies. And Rod Butterss. And GT. GT especially. We're gonna lose because of him. And his non existent training services department. And his coffee addiction. And all that booze. Ten goals? No. TWENTY goals. Buddy's gonna kick 15. ZAC!! I blame Zac. He's s*** because he plays for us.
Nice Tirade
Just trying to disperse some negative energy in one big dump...Doing my bit for the greater good, you know...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Nice Tirade
Just trying to disperse some negative energy in one big dump...Doing my bit for the greater good, you know...
Of course, do what you have to do....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Not good.

We have looked deadset shiit for the past fortnight. If that changes then we can win.

If it doesn't, we'll get belted.
Thanks rodger - or would you prefer me to call you Grant?

Do you think you could do a better job than Ross?

You must be happy that Milney had a shocker against the Pies eh?!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
AlpineStars
Club Player

Hate them, went to a game at the Dome about 7 years ago when they were crap, about 35000 fans there I would guess 28000 Saints fans. Went to the 2008 prelim and they were everywhere biggest load of band wagon jumpers ever.

Wake me up when September ends.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We will lose.

That's another team we can then beat in the GF.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell