Is tonight a ticketed game?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

Is tonight a ticketed game?

Just wonder if the game is a reserved ticketed one (ie - I got to go buy a reserved ticket), as I bought the basic $170~ membership, and am thinking of going tonight.

Cheers
:)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

no....it is not fully ticketed. You can just turn up and scan your membership and if it is not full you will be admitted.

Remember that a membership does not guarantee entry unless you have reserved seat.

So if you think the crowd will be big, get there early...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I believe it is a ticketed game. Ticketmaster told me that last night. They could only give me 3 seats together on Level 2 only as well, so I believe it will be close to a sell out.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Tonights game is a 'Level 3 premium reserved seat' game.

Meaning, the first 6 rows of level 3 have been sold as reserved seating (at an additional profit to the club) the rest of level 3 is general admission.

Given that ticketmaster is selling standing room tickets I would say the number of general admission tickets sold, combined with the amount set aside for members would be close to capacity.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

are you sure standing tickets are on sale?
Normally these are only sold at all ticket games, which this isnt.
Whats to stop a person with a standing ticket using a ga seat? Attendants only check your ticket if you enter a reseeved seat area, not if you just head for gen adm seats,

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saint_Ash
Club Player

saint66au wrote:are you sure standing tickets are on sale?
Normally these are only sold at all ticket games, which this isnt.
Whats to stop a person with a standing ticket using a ga seat? Attendants only check your ticket if you enter a reseeved seat area, not if you just head for gen adm seats,
Yep, I just went through the process to the point just before payment.

Impeded view seats are also on sale and again they are usually only sold when it is close to capacity.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I just tried through ticketmaster
general admission section
and was offered a ticket

so not full- BUt first in best dressed I would assume
it maybe just reserved seating that is filling.

tried reserved seating X 3- none available
reserved seating X1 none available

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:I believe it is a ticketed game. Ticketmaster told me that last night. They could only give me 3 seats together on Level 2 only as well, so I believe it will be close to a sell out.
You were mis-informed.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:I believe it is a ticketed game. Ticketmaster told me that last night. They could only give me 3 seats together on Level 2 only as well, so I believe it will be close to a sell out.
You were mis-informed.
Correct

The impeded view seats being sold are the ones on L1 behind the Interchange perspex and the Cheer Squads....NOT the L3 ones next to the scoreboards

This would indicate to me that all other reserved seating is sold out on Levels 1,2 and (front 6 rows of) L3.

Not sure how they are gonna police the standing room tickets when most of Level 3 is walkup and you dont need to show your ticket.
Last edited by saint66au on Fri 23 Jul 2010 5:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Does anyone have a *cough* stream?

I have no one to go with (and I'm mightily annoyed). If I can't find anyone the best I can do it watch it live.

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
Saint_Ash
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
You were mis-informed.
Correct

The impeded view seats being sold are the ones on L1 behind the Interchange perspex and the Cheer Squads....NOT the L3 ones next to the scoreboards

This would indicate to me that all other reserved seating is sold out on Levels 1,2 and (front 6 rows of) L3.

Not sure how they are gonna police the standing room tickets when most of Level 3 is walkup and you dont need to show your ticket.
All in all, if you dont have a reserved seat get there early or you will probably be forced to sit somewhere close to the top.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Ash wrote:
saint66au wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
You were mis-informed.
Correct

All in all, if you dont have a reserved seat get there early or you will probably be forced to sit somewhere close to the top.
Spot on!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Saint_Ash wrote:
saint66au wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
You were mis-informed.
Correct

Woohoo! Lucky I have a resrved seat!!!