Armitage Injury

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkid
Club Player

Armitage Injury

Anyone know where Armo is at with his knee injury and when his expected return is?
Watching last night I believe we are one hard midfielder short in our quest for this year's Premiership. If he can get himself right and match fit, still reckon this kid can play a big role in September.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Did his medial again. More surgery, more rehab. Most like going to be his year over. Sandy only have 4 or so more games for the rest of the year, and arn't going to make finals at this rate.

Carpe Diem
saintkid
Club Player

So he is having more surgery? :shock:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armitage Injury

Can Steven play midfield? There's something about him that I can't quite pinpoint that marks him as a player with a big future.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:Can Steven play midfield? There's something about him that I can't quite pinpoint that marks him as a player with a big future.
Yes. He is a midfielder, and he will end up there.

I really like the fact that he has genuine leg speed, and can reach top speed in a few steps. I think he needs to work on making sure his kicks hit their targets though. Apart from that, he does everything you could ask for. Chases, tackles, wins the ball, 1%'s, kicks goals.

saintkid
Club Player

Jack has got a lot of up side but this year he lacks a bit of physical strength compared to where Armo was at before his knee injury.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:Jack has got a lot of up side but this year he lacks a bit of physical strength compared to where Armo was at before his knee injury.
He doesn't appear to lack strength to me.

supersaints
Club Player

A guy who worked with me coached jack down Geelong way, he was also a Geelong supporter who reckons Geelong were very peeved we picked him up, they rated him as one of the most promising youngsters they had seen... I think he will end up a gun player....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:Can Steven play midfield? There's something about him that I can't quite pinpoint that marks him as a player with a big future.
Is it the fact he is a similar size and runs with a similar action as Dane Swan??? The running styles are uncanny IMO.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!