MUST BEAT THE BOMBERS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

MUST BEAT THE BOMBERS

I'm sick of us playing this mob back into form.

They finally have a win, their tails are up and they'll have confidence against us.

We should win. We need to win. COME ON SAINTERS!

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

im happy they won.
i would rather them go into the game after having a win over them going in having lost their past 7 with knights having the media on him all week again.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

We need to win and win BIG!

Only one 50 point plus win this year against North. Next month to hit our straps and be 100% in finals.

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
saintnick12
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:im happy they won.
i would rather them go into the game after having a win over them going in having lost their past 7 with knights having the media on him all week again.
Agree. The pressure has been building on them so I think its better they won and they're not relying on beating us to get the pressure off them.
Hopefully, they will now fall back to their previous form of the past few weeks.
We need to win and win well. We can and should win every game from here on in if we are serious.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The streak starts this week

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well this time it is the Bombers on a 6 day break rather than us.

With Gram and Peake both playing our team is quicker too.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
golden hawk
Club Player

good luck hope you thrash them !!!

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Saints wrote:We need to win and win BIG!

Only one 50 point plus win this year against North. Next month to hit our straps and be 100% in finals.
Why?

Yes, a win would be handy, but the margin in largely irrelevant considering the number of Vic teams in the top 4.

A comfortable win would be handy so players can ease off in the last term and be managed effectively.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood have the cats and the hawks.

first spot is far from decided.

IMO first dibs on a damaged dogs/freo is better option than cats or pies in week 1.

Why? i think our team plan works our players harder than any other current game plan and the weeks rest would benefit our team tremendously.

Not saying we can't beat geelong or the cats, we'll have to play one or both of them in the finals regardless, but would rather play them in week 3 or 4 of the finals after a break than week 1.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Collingwood have the cats and the hawks.

IMO first dibs on a damaged dogs/freo is better option than cats or pies in week 1.

Why? i think our team plan works our players harder than any other current game plan and the weeks rest would benefit our team tremendously.

Not saying we can't beat geelong or the cats, we'll have to play one or both of them in the finals regardless, but would rather play them in week 3 or 4 of the finals after a break than week 1.
I agree if we have to play both the Cats and Geelong it will be a tough couple of games. :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Collingwood have the cats and the hawks.

Yes but if Pies lose to Cats, the Cats will still be in front of us.

If Pies beat the Cats but lose to the Hawks, then the Pies will have a % advantage over us.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yeah i know, i've been looking at the combinations,

also freo don't look settled in position 4 atm, the dogs game will be a big one.

and tbh we were exposed against collingwood, essendon and carlton.

the top 4 aren't settled as many thought a few weeks ago.

Losses to collingwood and a draw against the hawks brought us back a bit, freo and the dogs look fragile.

we are only 1/2 a game behind the cats and 1 behind the pies, so its a lot closer run than last year with a couple of months to go.

Cats also coming back a bit into the field with the rising pies and even adelaide knocking them off.

I think last year we were cruising a bit at the end.

At this point this year, every game is battle, especially as more than a few teams sniff weakness in us that just wasn't there 12 months ago.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Not to concerned. Still some hard matches to be played for all of the teams trying to qualify for top 4.

Top position is of no interest to me. 2nd is what I have my eye on.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:yeah i know, i've been looking at the combinations,

also freo don't look settled in position 4 atm, the dogs game will be a big one.

Hawks area big chance to finish 4th. Dogs can easily drop 2 games as have to play Cats and Hawks. Dogs look like beating Freo today and so that really opens the door again for the Hawks to finish 4th.

If so finishing first means that you get to play the "in-form" team of the competition.

PS: IMO Lyon is aiming to have us peak in Sept.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

Hawks area big chance to finish 4th. Dogs can easily drop 2 games as have to play Cats and Hawks. Dogs look like beating Freo today and so that really opens the door again for the Hawks to finish 4th.

If so finishing first means that you get to play the "in-form" team of the competition.

But that would also go for the pies, cats and dogs. Not so the Hawks as they have to win as many games as possible to even make the 8.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

Dogs have already played the hawks twice, pies twice, and don't play us again. Are currently towelling up the Dockers. They will finish 4th I reckon. Only tough game to go for them is the cats.

The problem with finishing 4th though is that the loser has to play the winner of 5th v 8th. That is likely to be the hawks.

We just have to keep winning and building. The top 5 clubs (Cats, pies, saints, dogs and hawks) are incredibly even in my opinion. Will be a very tough September.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Just a win will do me this week...don't care the margin.......1 or 200 point's,don't care.

What i really want is no injuries and more game time into Rooey and Grammy.(both not far off now :lol: )

After this week a rest for the mid's and running back's in the next few weeks.

Need to be primed for Sept action and Ross n Co. will do their best to make that happen IMO.

Go SAINTERS.

Baker 5 weeks :P

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
But that would also go for the pies, cats and dogs. .
Except that they unlike us do not have underdone players that are being run back into form in the seniors.

Plus I tend to think we are being extra cautious with raph now so that he will be more likely to be up and about come finals.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 25 Jul 2010 4:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But that would also go for the pies, cats and dogs. .
Except that they unlike us do not have underdone players that are being run back into form in the seniors.

Plus I tend to think we are being extra cautious with raph now so that he will be more likely to be up and about come finals.[/quote]

Pretty sure Geelong have plenty. The dogs have one or two but yes the pies dont have many if any. That still doesnt change the fact that the coaches of all those sides have plenty of finals experience and will be aiming for them to peak in September. Hopefully we learnt from last year because RL was the most inexperienced finals coach in the top 4 last year.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Hopefully we learnt from last year because RL was the most inexperienced finals coach in the top 4 last year.
I think our approach is different than last year and that this will be one factor..

golden hawk
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

But that would also go for the pies, cats and dogs. Not so the Hawks as they have to win as many games as possible to even make the 8.
we are 6th at moment ?? not sure if we are locked in enough to stay there the 8 that is if we lose anymore ?

i am taking it one game at a time

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood and Geelong both came out and smacked inferior opposition this week..showed who the Top 2 sides really are..

I think it would be nice if we did give Essendon a hiding on Friday night, right now its the major point of difference between them and us...they can belt lower sides and we cant. Our Points For shows that very starkly

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The Bombers are a smug, elitist organisation. I have hated losing to Essendon in recent times. Like every time we play them I hope we cripple them. I want them beaten and injured and crying about it and I want our win to be the catalyst for their coach getting the arse.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
mohannair
Club Player

Re: MUST BEAT THE BOMBERS

SydneySainter wrote:I'm sick of us playing this mob back into form.

They finally have a win, their tails are up and they'll have confidence against us.

We should win. We need to win. COME ON SAINTERS!
SydneySainter it is good they won, imagine if they had lost the entire football community will be after the head of Knights & they would have responded by putting a huge effort.
Definitely their confidence will be up & it is good for us also because it’s not going to help us by beating poor team in lead up to finals.

The advantage the other Top 4 teams have is that they have a good run of games leading up to the finals. Apparently we have the easiest run home. So it is better we come up against good opposition rather than winning easy games.

Go the Sainters.