Is Tommy Walsh going back home?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Is Tommy Walsh going back home?

I hear Tommy Walsh wonts to get out of his contract and go home are we adressing this or will we let him go as he has a lot of tallent.

He has been named in the best a lot for sandy (dont know why he was on the bench this week).We should play him as a defender and give either blake or Fisher a rest one week after the other and walsh 2 games.

Give him a tast of the big time if that doesnt keep him nothing will.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Does he deserve a game?
We are in the midst of a season in which we have a real chance of winning a premiership and you want to give a homesick Irishman a game to make him feel good.

Please wake up, you're dreaming.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is tommy Walsh going back home?

saint58 wrote:I hear Tommy Walsh wonts to get out of his contract and go home are we adressing this or will we let him go as he has a lot of tallent.

He has been named in the best a lot for sandy (dont know why he was on the bench this week).We should play him as a defender and give either blake or Fisher a rest one week after the other and walsh 2 games.

Source?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
saint58 wrote:I hear Tommy Walsh wonts to get out of his contract and go home are we adressing this or will we let him go as he has a lot of tallent.

Source?
This Forum a cpl of weeks ago I suspect...

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Run him through the ruck for Sandringham and see if he can get into the game that way. It worked for Stynes. He is a big unit, tough, physical and talented. I'll be disappointed if he packs in.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

I'm not sure if I'll believe it until something official happens. To me he came across as one of those never give up till you succeed kind of guys, going home would be out of character. A lot of people get homesick and push through and I hope he does also.
Is he still playing the backline in Sandy? he came over with the intention of playing forward which may also be a reason.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... ommy+walsh

http://www.irishecho.com.au/2010/06/02/ ... under/3632

While there are many trying to earn a senior jersey at a team who last year contested the Grand final, the former Gaelic footballer is unique in that his progress will be heavily scrutinised, and already has been.

Named once as an emergency player during the club’s NAB cup pre-season tournament campaign, his appearance on the team list made headlines both in Ireland and Australia.

Walsh insists he’s not affected by the hype or by the expectations that quick debuts of players such as Martin Clarke has heaped on Irish recruits.

“It’s not something I take any notice of. The club have kept me pretty sheltered since I got here so I don’t think about it. There was always going to be hype because I’ve gone from (winning an) All-Ireland to AFL.

“Because of the hype people want to see you play straight away. They want to see what you can do, see if you can play.â€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Michele
Club Player

I am glad it is a rumour after wiining his sponsorship piece, I was starting think my wall is ending up with all retired Saints on it :D

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Run him through the ruck for Sandringham and see if he can get into the game that way. It worked for Stynes. He is a big unit, tough, physical and talented. I'll be disappointed if he packs in.
If we want small people in the ruck we could use Blake. He needs to find a spot but it aint as a ruckman.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Run him through the ruck for Sandringham and see if he can get into the game that way. It worked for Stynes. He is a big unit, tough, physical and talented. I'll be disappointed if he packs in.
If we want small people in the ruck we could use Blake. He needs to find a spot but it aint as a ruckman.
He's a big, strong, athletic unit. A run on the ball could be just what he needs for his development as a footballer and could persuade him that he has the ability to make it in the AFL.

Think outside the square a bit plugger :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He's a big, strong, athletic unit. A run on the ball could be just what he needs for his development as a footballer and could persuade him that he has the ability to make it in the AFL.

But we have players in the seconds who are actual ruckmen who need to develop a lot more than him. I dont think playing him on the ball will decide whether he stays here or goes home.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But we have players in the seconds who are actual ruckmen who need to develop a lot more than him. I dont think playing him on the ball will decide whether he stays here or goes home.
One good game on which he can stamp his physical influence could be the difference between him staying or going. It worked for Stynes.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Tommy Walsh going back home?

someone get him a nice girlfriend and then he'll be stuck here for life.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Source?
This Forum a cpl of weeks ago I suspect...
This topic is starting to get a run each week.

And yet throughout all those threads no source has been quoted. And as of last weekend Tommy was still here and still playing for Sandy.

Of course with all these posts people will "hear" that Tommy is thinking of going home. But any of us could start a whisper about anything and it would eventually get back to this site.

If anyone has anything concrete I'm sure we'd all like to hear. However I'm not convinced this thread contains any of that hard stuff!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Maybe what he needs is some female company to make him less homesick. Any volunteers from the girls on here?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Maybe what he needs is some female company to make him less homesick. Any volunteers from the girls on here?
Ones that are over 18 years of age of course! :wink:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Gee whiz Dr Spaceman, for a minute there I thought you were putting your hand up.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Maybe what he needs is some female company to make him less homesick. Any volunteers from the girls on here?
Ones that are over 18 years of age of course! :wink:
Tommy actually came over with his girlfriend who is studying here in melbourne.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:If anyone has anything concrete I'm sure we'd all like to hear. However I'm not convinced this thread contains any of that hard stuff!
I've got a garden gnome.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:If anyone has anything concrete I'm sure we'd all like to hear. However I'm not convinced this thread contains any of that hard stuff!
I've got a garden gnome.
Is it bigger than Kane Murphy?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
degruch wrote:
I've got a garden gnome.
Is it bigger than Kane Murphy?
Will have to get back to you about that one.

Q5
Club Player

Re: Is Tommy Walsh going back home?

bergholt wrote: someone get him a nice girlfriend and then he'll be stuck here for life.
I would offer, but I'm old enough to be his mother and can't handle rejection that well... :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I thought that Tommy's Irish GF came out with him?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I thought that Tommy's Irish GF came out with him?
Yes, Bratty's already inquired. :D

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Met an Irishman the other night - I found out he was a Sainter - Said to him - "I would love to hear that accent coming from the field - but I have heard that he may want to be going home." His response was "There aint no way Tommy is going home. I had coffee with him the other night in St Kilda and to put it simply $2,500.00 a week here or spuds back home. You will be seeing him tear it up next year."

Take it for what its worth!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!