Geelong lost Rounds 14, 15, 19 and 21 2009

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

oneteam
Club Player

Geelong lost Rounds 14, 15, 19 and 21 2009

Cats lose all 4 , after winning 13 in a row.

all said their wheels falling off. no good. can't score. weaknesses exposed. gameplan analysed by competitors, end of their run........

cats end up winning flag.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

They rested a LOT of players and IIRC none of the losses were to a side who'd lost 8 out of their last 9 games

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geelong lost Rounds 14, 15, 19 and 21 2009

oneteam wrote:Cats lose all 4 , after winning 13 in a row.

all said their wheels falling off. no good. can't score. weaknesses exposed. gameplan analysed by competitors, end of their run........

That is pure hope.

Burkey 1
Club Player

This is true, but they seemed to turn arouind at a function when bomber said they can go either one of two ways, unfortunately for us we know how it ended up, the disappointment for me tonight was this kind of performance coming off our Hall of Fame function, if this couldn't or can't inspire the team then you must wonder what will !!!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

That is pure hope.
So you're suggesting we're done are you?

I didnt realise you lose premierships in July...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That is pure hope.

No not at all but to the people who just say we will still win it, well that is just crap. These loses werent planned. We are playing ordinary. Something needs to change and comparing us to a side that had already won one flag and had guaranteed top 2 means jack.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I see the point of the OP, not saying we are happy, but just that its possible to turn around some losses and in the scheme of the season, while its not ideal, its definitely not over.

You are very right, we are very ordinary, but so were the Bulldogs a month ago, now people are saying they are a genuine contender again after their smashing of Freo.

Our best is better than most, if not all of the other teams out there. No, this month isn't part of the plan. You think we took our eyes off the ball and focussed on finals? Or maybe the slump has got something to do with Rooey being back, or us beating the Cats so convincingly (in the second half)? Or us having a seemingly easy road to the finals?

When Roo first got injured, we went through a slump and played similar footy to what we are now, same questions of the fwd line being asked etc. That night against Port reminded me of tonight! But we turned it around then and we can again.

We don't deserve to be flag favourites, but I wouldn't be jumping off the wagon just yet.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That is pure hope.

No not at all but to the people who just say we will still win it, well that is just crap. These loses werent planned. We are playing ordinary. Something needs to change and comparing us to a side that had already won one flag and had guaranteed top 2 means jack.
Good point, I agree something does need to change.

Imo one issue is our mental application.

Tonight we didn't need to win, if we had of won it would have been business as usual, if we lose it's not good but it's not season over.

From a players perspective, it a precarious place to be in, the game is not crucial, but an injury is season ending.

Where as the teams that need to win to make the finals, or get a top four spot are in a different mind set

Where as now each game has become crucial, as our top 4 spot could slip away.

The other issue holding us back is our forward line, and that is 2 fold.

For starters Rooey is still not at 100%, and we are still re-learning to play with him back.

I'm hoping that it doesn't take too long to fine tune.

deadman walking
Club Player

we are not geelong