Zac surgery this morning....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Zac surgery this morning....

Heard on MMM's this arvo reports that Zac had surgery this morning to fix a break or fracture to his hand.

Not sure how long he will be out but who's going to step up to take his spot for 2-4 weeks???

saintnick12
Club Player

Re: Zac surgery this morning....

One Eyed Saint wrote:Heard on MMM's this arvo reports that Zac had surgery this morning to fix a break or fracture to his hand.

Not sure how long he will be out but who's going to step up to take his spot for 2-4 weeks???
Heard on triple M during the game that he had a small fracture. Saw one of the bombers try and slap it later in the game...wonder if there will be a suspension for that.

My 15 year old kept asking me why was Dawson on the ground when we were 8-10 goals down. Wouldn't that be risking further damage. We need him back.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
backit
Club Player

No offence to Zac but when he was out earlier this year our backline played better, now might be the time to look at life without Zac coming into the finals because if the structure clicks and works without him it will show that we can do without him.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:No offence to Zac but when he was out earlier this year our backline played better, now might be the time to look at life without Zac coming into the finals because if the structure clicks and works without him it will show that we can do without him.
this

has been very average this year

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

May be a blessing ...

May be a blessing as finally RL we have to realise the SAINTS defence do better without him. Move Lynch back and play Blake or Gwilt at Full Back.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Out: Zac

In: Raph

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Raph ready?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintnick12
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Raph ready?
He said in his article on the saints site that he would probably play for Sandy first. Is he named for them this week??
If not, then he's a few weeks away.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: May be a blessing ...

WinnersOnly wrote:May be a blessing as finally RL we have to realise the SAINTS defence do better without him. Move Lynch back and play Blake or Gwilt at Full Back.

Is that serious?

Blake and Gwilt can't contest in the air or one on one to save themselves.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:May be a blessing as finally RL we have to realise the SAINTS defence do better without him. Move Lynch back and play Blake or Gwilt at Full Back.

Is that serious?

I agree with that, you cant play Blake or Gwilt FB.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SaintTom
Club Player

Blessing in disguise I agree. If the backline performs as well as it did last time Zac was out, then Ross will surely be forced to see that he is more a liability this year than an asset.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Zac gets such a bum rap. He is a crucial part of our defence.

Having said that, I hope we can regroup.

Are the nay sayers gonna start on Raph when he comes back?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

Lynch :shock:

If the kid keeps his place I'll be staggered. was absolutely hopeless last night and showed NOTHING. Was slow, poor skills, nil awareness, nil body strength and couldn't find the footy. After 2 years in the system 'grooming' him at VFL level I was shattered at his debut considering he was a first round draft pick 2 years ago. Expected far more.

Let's get fair dinkum - the way things stand at the moment, our fwds can't seem to kick over 12 goals in a game (14.3 against the hawks when kicking straight) and our backs have forgotten how to play man on man. We are the ultimate team and need to help each other out all over the ground. Apart from Roo our stars are in the midfield. THey are being expected to do everything and have started to falter I reckon. Zac missing a few will not affect the way we're going either way I reckon. It's the team that needs to get back on track.

saintkid
Club Player

Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

If the kid keeps his place I'll be staggered. was absolutely hopeless last night and showed NOTHING. Was slow, poor skills, nil awareness, nil body strength and couldn't find the footy. After 2 years in the system 'grooming' him at VFL level I was shattered at his debut considering he was a first round draft pick 2 years ago. Expected far more.

Let's get fair dinkum - the way things stand at the moment, our fwds can't seem to kick over 12 goals in a game (14.3 against the hawks when kicking straight) and our backs have forgotten how to play man on man. We are the ultimate team and need to help each other out all over the ground. Apart from Roo our stars are in the midfield. THey are being expected to do everything and have started to falter I reckon. Zac missing a few will not affect the way we're going either way I reckon. It's the team that needs to get back on track.
I agree. Lynch showed absolutely nothing that's the disappointing aspect of his debut. His skills were woeful.

longtimesaint
Club Player

Lynch had very average form at Sandy -I can't imagine why he was promoted. Surely a player needs to perform well at VFL level first.

One year will be our year
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

I agree. Lynch showed absolutely nothing that's the disappointing aspect of his debut. His skills were woeful.
Oh come off it. Lynch played his first game in that we got belted in.

That's just it - suppoerter unrealistic expectations. A kid playing their first game the expectation is next to zero.

He took a good grab on the half forwardline which was promising.

How people can indentfy skills with a player playing their first game inthe speed of the most elite competition is bewildering.

Seriously some of the comments on this forum lately makes me wonder whether many people at all have any substance to the opinions they post.

noob
Club Player

maybe lynch got a go because the rest of the list are doing F.A. whatever team we had against geelong thats the way to go.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think Zac gets a lot of critisim for his perfromances yet in all honesty who is going to do a better job ?? Miles is not ready for AFL, BLake as reliable as he is a key fullback he isnt ... its funny how Gilbo/Fish/Gram are too busy trying to run off to defend yet we blame Zac for getting beaten when our back six is more like the back 3 with 3 others playing attcking roles in the backline

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

longtimesaint wrote:Lynch had very average form at Sandy -I can't imagine why he was promoted. Surely a player needs to perform well at VFL level first.
He's probably been Sandys best for the past month. What more do you want the bloke to do? He was played in different position to what he has been playing at Sandy though.

Well we wont see Stanley back in the side for remainder of the year then as he is doing SFA at VFL level.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

honestly i think we are missing Baker more then i though we would and thats kinda a concern cause realisticly hes playing days are coming to a close sooner rather than later

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i think Zac gets a lot of critisim for his perfromances yet in all honesty who is going to do a better job ?? Miles is not ready for AFL, BLake as reliable as he is a key fullback he isnt ... its funny how Gilbo/Fish/Gram are too busy trying to run off to defend yet we blame Zac for getting beaten when our back six is more like the back 3 with 3 others playing attcking roles in the backline
I reckon Miles will be delisted at the end of the year. Not up to it and is a turnover merchant

Another opportunity awaits!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i think Zac gets a lot of critisim for his perfromances yet in all honesty who is going to do a better job ?? Miles is not ready for AFL, BLake as reliable as he is a key fullback he isnt ... its funny how Gilbo/Fish/Gram are too busy trying to run off to defend yet we blame Zac for getting beaten when our back six is more like the back 3 with 3 others playing attcking roles in the backline
I reckon Miles will be delisted at the end of the year. Not up to it and is a turnover merchant
unfortunatly i have to agree , too bad for him his run in with form was halted by injury

saintbob
SS Life Member

Hopefully someone from the club got hold of the Surgeon before the Op so he could have a look while he was cut open, for the ability this DUD is supposed to have!!!!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

That's just it - suppoerter unrealistic expectations. A kid playing their first game the expectation is next to zero.

How people can indentfy skills with a player playing their first game inthe speed of the most elite competition is bewildering.

Seriously some of the comments on this forum lately makes me wonder whether many people at all have any substance to the opinions they post.
I'll tell you how. He ran into an open goal that most club footballers would have nailed and missed it. He had a shot on half time from 50 and didn't come close to making the distance. A couple of other kicks were about Luke Ball standard - no penetration at all. I was staggered. I certainly don't expect much from a first gamer. I expect them to have a crack, put some pressure on, and hopefully do one or two nice things.

I expect that when a player makes his debut who is a first round draft pick and has been in the system for 2 years to show me something. A burst of speed, a nice give off, poss a strong grab. Sorry but I didn't see anything. Not taking the loss out on the kid as there were plenty of players with far more experience that were responsible for that performance last night, but if ppl are going to suggest giving him a go down back after that performance, THAT's what I find bewildering.

saintkid
Club Player

Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Is that serious?

I'll tell you how. He ran into an open goal that most club footballers would have nailed and missed it. He had a shot on half time from 50 and didn't come close to making the distance. A couple of other kicks were about Luke Ball standard - no penetration at all. I was staggered. I certainly don't expect much from a first gamer. I expect them to have a crack, put some pressure on, and hopefully do one or two nice things.

I expect that when a player makes his debut who is a first round draft pick and has been in the system for 2 years to show me something. A burst of speed, a nice give off, poss a strong grab. Sorry but I didn't see anything. Not taking the loss out on the kid as there were plenty of players with far more experience that were responsible for that performance last night, but if ppl are going to suggest giving him a go down back after that performance, THAT's what I find bewildering.
Thank you for a good post and calling it how it is or was!