Armitage - where is he at right now?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkid
Club Player

Armitage - where is he at right now?

Anyone know where he is at with his knee injury? Is he close to getting some game time in him or is he gone for the year too?

Lenny needs some help with a hard 'in and under' player if we are to seriously challenge this year.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

was initially thought to be the year done when it happened- from the boundary line medicos....

he did not have surgery- so assumption may be 4 -6 weeks-

but given it was second injury in the season- and the HARD bodies in opposition teams would it be an IF only

unlike Raph or Jesse the Club has Not said he is out for year.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Thought his bro in a recent post gave a hint he might be back for Sandy this week!

a small hint

saint4life
saintkid
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:was initially thought to be the year done when it happened- from the boundary line medicos....

he did not have surgery- so assumption may be 4 -6 weeks-

but given it was second injury in the season- and the HARD bodies in opposition teams would it be an IF only

unlike Raph or Jesse the Club has Not said he is out for year.
Thanks saintbrat. He started ok this year and was looking to be a better replacement for Ball but the tables have well and truly been turned now. :roll:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Thought his bro in a recent post gave a hint he might be back for Sandy this week!

a small hint
would love it if he was
saw him at the game last week
shame it's the same day and time as the saints this week.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
lefty
Club Player

Good to hear he's nearly back :D

We definitely miss him in the side, very good in and under player for us. Still 4 weeks till finals, so no point trying to rush him back, can give him 1-2 more weeks rest.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Good to hear he's nearly back :D

We definitely miss him in the side, very good in and under player for us. Still 4 weeks till finals, so no point trying to rush him back, can give him 1-2 more weeks rest.
If he misses 2 more it is to late. Not sure Armo is the answer to our problems anyway. Like a lot of players when we dont see them they suddenly improve. Please remember this guy got injured in the seconds because he was dropped in the first place.

noob
Club Player

Well he is probably getting dropped because he doesnt get enough of the pill.. at least he has a good crack.

lefty
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

If he misses 2 more it is to late. Not sure Armo is the answer to our problems anyway. Like a lot of players when we dont see them they suddenly improve. Please remember this guy got injured in the seconds because he was dropped in the first place.
I don't see why it would be too late. Baker is missing 2 months, yet he will be in this side, so I'm sure they'd both be on fitness programs to keep up to date. I think he will release dal/goddard instead of themselves trying to get the ball.

Apart from Lenny, I don't see anyone else who's our in and under hard player.... not peake, no cj, not ray, and the stat's show it. Whilst you do mention he got dropped, I don't see the reason why, perhaps not working hard enough off the ball, but he was playing very good imo, and there are others that are continully worse (dempster, mcqualter, kosi etc). He was in the bests for the resi's before the injury, infact, even when he returned, just unfortunately got injured, otherwise he'd be in the team imo.

Ideally you don't want Goddard, Monty or Dal to be the in and under player, you'd prefer them to be the receivers and deliver kicks into the 50, so I think he has an important role in the side to win that contested ball, along with a goal or two he was kicking per game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I don't see why it would be too late. Baker is missing 2 months, yet he will be in this side, so I'm sure they'd both be on fitness programs to keep up to date. I think he will release dal/goddard instead of themselves trying to get the ball.

Apart from Lenny, I don't see anyone else who's our in and under hard player.... not peake, no cj, not ray, and the stat's show it. Whilst you do mention he got dropped, I don't see the reason why, perhaps not working hard enough off the ball, but he was playing very good imo, and there are others that are continully worse (dempster, mcqualter, kosi etc). He was in the bests for the resi's before the injury, infact, even when he returned, just unfortunately got injured, otherwise he'd be in the team imo.

Ideally you don't want Goddard, Monty or Dal to be the in and under player, you'd prefer them to be the receivers and deliver kicks into the 50, so I think he has an important role in the side to win that contested ball, along with a goal or two he was kicking per game.
Baker can train fully in those 2 months. Armo has been injured so even though he would be doing fitness work it wouldnt be to the standard of Baks. And there is the small matter of one being a regular firsts player and the other playing 25 games in 4 years. Armo will need to play at least 3 at sandy to be any hope IMO.

saintkid
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
lefty wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Baker can train fully in those 2 months. Armo has been injured so even though he would be doing fitness work it wouldnt be to the standard of Baks. And there is the small matter of one being a regular firsts player and the other playing 25 games in 4 years. Armo will need to play at least 3 at sandy to be any hope IMO.
Well if he's almost ready and he's got any fire in him, he should do it as we need him. I reckon there cannot be anymore incentive for him now.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Well I'm still trying to see what incentive there is for him. If he plays well one week and then not so well the next he will be dropped before the finals like previously and then what.
I have to agree with plugger. I don't see him coming back in and being the answer to the Saints problems. Didn't everything one think Reiwoldt was going to be the answer.
Where is he at, at the moment. Probably training, trying to get his knee and body 100%.
Why would he bust his balls to come back into a side that he hasn't really been needed or wanted in. Don't get me wrong its what he is supposed to do to try and be an AFL footballer but if I was him I would be trying to get his body right so he can come out firing in 2011.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Well I'm still trying to see what incentive there is for him. If he plays well one week and then not so well the next he will be dropped before the finals like previously and then what.
I have to agree with plugger. I don't see him coming back in and being the naswer to Saints problems. Didn't everything one think Reiwoldt was going to be the answer.
I would of thought that this being his job and future was incentive enough. Now I dont know Armitage so I cant tell anyone how he is or what he wants to do with his future but if I was him Id be busting my arse to at least show that he wants a role come finals time. That would be incentive enough. I personaly like the way he plays and believe he has a future in the AFL lets hope he can get back in.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
DWOODROW
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:Well I'm still trying to see what incentive there is for him. If he plays well one week and then not so well the next he will be dropped before the finals like previously and then what.
I have to agree with plugger. I don't see him coming back in and being the naswer to Saints problems. Didn't everything one think Reiwoldt was going to be the answer.
I would of thought that this being his job and future was incentive enough. Now I dont know Armitage so I cant tell anyone how he is or what he wants to do with his future but if I was him Id be busting my arse to at least show that he wants a role come finals time. That would be incentive enough. I personaly like the way he plays and believe he has a future in the AFL lets hope he can get back in.
Believe me he is busting his balls to get himself 100% percent. That is what would be required in my book. Why would he bust his balls to play now if he is not 100%. He is young and needs to think about his body and not being a pawn when things arn't working.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Seems like he has one foot out the door.

Another opportunity awaits!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Believe me he is busting his balls to get himself 100% percent. That is what would be required in my book. Why would he bust his balls to play now if he is not 100%. He is young and needs to think about his body and not being a pawn when things arn't working.
Well thats all he can do then. I beleive hed be in Lyons plans just needs to string a few games together at any level.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Saints43
Club Player

Well I'm still trying to see what incentive there is for him. If he plays well one week and then not so well the next he will be dropped before the finals like previously and then what.
He could try playing well one week and then playing well again the next week.

I'm not saying it's the answer, but it's worth a try.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If he surprises us all and plays at Sandy this week or next given his recent bad luck, obviously Armo thinks there is still incentive, and it will be a pretty brave effort IMO.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:
He could try playing well one week and then playing well again the next week.

I'm not saying it's the answer, but it's worth a try.
HAHA, I think you are onto something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DWOODROW
Club Player

Moccha wrote:Seems like he has one foot out the door.
Well don't make assumptions from me. I don't have a clue what he is doing. He is focused on Saints at the moment and always has been. I only view my opinions and dis-satisfaction with what has transformed for him at Saints, not on inside knowledge.
I let him decide his career and don't insinuate where he will be next year.
He is happy from what I hear.

saintkid
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:
Well don't make assumptions from me. I don't have a clue what he is doing. He is focused on Saints at the moment and always has been. I only view my opinions and dis-satisfaction with what has transformed for him at Saints, not on inside knowledge.
OK. So if your his brother, do you know if he will play this week and how close is he to being right again. That mongrel from Hawthorn, Campbell Brown, seems to have got over his medial strain quicker than predicted and was playing fine before he smashed Dal's nose. So there should be a lot of believe for Armo to get back and have a fairdinkum crack in the finals.

DWOODROW
Club Player

saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
OK. So if your his brother, do you know if he will play this week and how close is he to being right again. That mongrel from Hawthorn, Campbell Brown, seems to have got over his medial strain quicker than predicted and was playing fine before he smashed Dal's nose. So there should be a lot of believe for Armo to get back and have a fairdinkum crack in the finals.
I do know but it is not up to me to say nor do I want to. This is not my responsibilty and why does it matter. Go and watch Sandy and find out for yourself.

Saints94
SS Life Member

DWOODROW wrote:
saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
I do know but it is not up to me to say nor do I want to. This is not my responsibilty and why does it matter. Go and watch Sandy and find out for yourself.
Has he been aproached by GC?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Yes.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Saints94
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:Yes.
Source?