Puzzled!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Newman
Club Player

Puzzled!

How can a team like the Bombers play so well last week and then get totally thrashed by the Blues tonight? That's what irked me last week. Heck - everyone has been beating the Bombers of late. Anyway, I'm happy for a win on Sunday - but I wouldn't mind one more win this season (a la Kangaroos Rd 2) where we give a team a damn good thrashing and kick a bagful of goals.

noob
Club Player

haha were not in that bad form are we?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Ha SEN will go into meltdown tomorrow with Essendon fans whining about Knights.

Teams at this stage of the year have very different agendas.

Anyway we don't have to worry about the Bombers they won't be playing finals...not now anyway.

They've got the Pies next week.

saintnick12
Club Player

noob wrote:haha were not in that bad form are we?
was thinking the same thing. We were that bad last week we made Essendon look good and they are not at all. I saw them against melbourne a few weeks ago (took my father in law who barracks for the dees), and Essendon were woeful that day. I though surely they won't beat us, and then they came out and smashed us, then got smashed tonight. Doesn't make sense :shock:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
noob wrote:haha were not in that bad form are we?
was thinking the same thing. We were that bad last week we made Essendon look good and they are not at all. I saw them against melbourne a few weeks ago (took my father in law who barracks for the dees), and Essendon were woeful that day. I though surely they won't beat us, and then they came out and smashed us, then got smashed tonight. Doesn't make sense :shock:
they got a run on in the first quarter against us... and kicked straight .....plus we were hopeless.....maggots helped them too...just like they tied to help them tonight.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
goods
Club Player

Re: Puzzled!

Newman wrote:How can a team like the Bombers play so well last week and then get totally thrashed by the Blues tonight? That's what irked me last week. Heck - everyone has been beating the Bombers of late. Anyway, I'm happy for a win on Sunday - but I wouldn't mind one more win this season (a la Kangaroos Rd 2) where we give a team a damn good thrashing and kick a bagful of goals.
because they both play 1 on 1 footy attacking all risk style no defence. It could have gone either way..

We paly numbers around the ball and therefore a defensive formation that allows quick handballs to a clearance then run carry and delivery to a leading forward or whatever. My point essendon and carlton play all risk 50% reward 50% disaster man on man numbers or zone = a more consistent play and higher win ratio though the lay person would not like to watch it. slower and less exilerating to watch

long term we will be better off

saint3d
Club Player

You have to play well some time to be considered inconsistent.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

They were shyte last night becasue they were still feeling the effects of playing us last week! :)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:They were shyte last night becasue they were still feeling the effects of playing us last week! :)
that was my thought
same with Hawks last week

everyone has to work so much harder to combat the Saints---- just as saints need to work much harder to defeat others

who need tapered training when you can just play the Saints... maybe they will all request to play us..
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 07 Aug 2010 10:08am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:They were shyte last night becasue they were still feeling the effects of playing us last week! :)
that was my thought
same with Hawks last week

everyone ahs to work so uch harder to combat the Saints---- just as saints need to work much harder to defeat others

who need tapered trainng when you can just play the Saints... maybe they will all request to play us..
Good to see you posting so seriously early in the morning!!!!

saint4life
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

They were tired from their training drill last friday?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

just be happy we weren't playing the Blues this week, as they would've knocked us off for sure with all the crap they've had from within and the media.

Port aren't on the radar fortunately, and we have a chance.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.