Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Kosi

Have been concerned re his output for some time.....

without bringing up negs.....v pos......

Today only 6 disposals...1 goal.

Gardi injury concern may save him.

Has he run out of chances......
I think so...

Is really struggling

Have been hoping it would turn around but it just HAS NOT

saint4life
Quixote
SS Life Member

I disagree 100%.

Kosi is vital to our side.

The amount of time he finds space, but the ball is not kicked to him, is amazing.

He can go into the ruck, he brings the ball to ground, provides a target and tackles hard.

Kosi is right near the beating heart of this team. Trust me.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
chook23
Saintsational Legend

so you disagree 100% that he is not struggling!!

HATE to see what struggling is then......

but we seem to disagree.

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thought ours talls and smalls worked really well together today.

Roo and Kosi are complimenting each other and continually making leads without encroaching on each others space, taking a the defenders with them, and really freeing up space for our smalls.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Kosi ain't struggling he's playing his role. And he's set to explode in a game or two - should they get the pill to him early enough. He's a fantastic reader of the play.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
chook23
Saintsational Legend

fantastic reader of the play..............................he is not

is 100% strecthing it to the limit.

saint4life
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

This Kosi stuff is getting old.

He clearly has instructions from Ross to perform a role, and he is obviously doing this!

The players are sick of hearing this rubbish, the coaches are sick of it, and I'm sick of it too.

Next time you go to the footy, sit on the third level and dedicate a good amount of time watching kosi. He creates space, brings the ball to ground, decoys, and provides opportunities.

It's time to wake up a realize that Kosi's role this year is different to last years.

Get off his back and let the bloke play footy!!!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Kosi ain't struggling he's playing his role. And he's set to explode in a game or two - should they get the pill to him early enough. He's a fantastic reader of the play.
You've been drinking too much Yarra water. He's been gunna explode for ten years. We're all still waiting. As a reader of the play he makes a great heavy equipment salesman.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Quixote
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Quixote wrote:Kosi ain't struggling he's playing his role. And he's set to explode in a game or two - should they get the pill to him early enough. He's a fantastic reader of the play.
You've been drinking too much Yarra water. He's been gunna explode for ten years. We're all still waiting. As a reader of the play he makes a great heavy equipment salesman.
Dude- all I'm saying is, have a look during games how many times he gets free of his man, in space in a dangerous spot. But the ball carriers aren't ready to kick it to him.

He does a shitload of work off the ball that goes un-noticed. And has a pretty big tank too.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Dude- all I'm saying is, have a look during games how many times he gets free of his man, in space in a dangerous spot. But the ball carriers aren't ready to kick it to him.

He does a shitload of work off the ball that goes un-noticed. And has a pretty big tank too.
Tank might be big as he's a big man, but it's running on empty.

I'm not a stats person but couldn't help checking his Supercoach ranking 52, down from 54 last two week. He aint earning his pay.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Quixote wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

I'm not a stats person but couldn't help checking his Supercoach ranking 52, down from 54 last two week. He aint earning his pay.
Neither are the AFL,MRP or the AFLPA....................so it's ok... :wink:

Quixote
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Quixote wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Do you often audit things or people you have no idea about?

This could make a funny reality show.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote: Do you often audit things or people you have no idea about?

This could make a funny reality show.
You may find it funny, but I take a Saints premiership very seriously.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Can we win a premiership with Kosi "just playing his roll".

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I'm still not certain Kosi is actually watching the ball.

For someone of his natural ability (yes I believe he has that in spades) he misjudges the flight of the ball way too often (though one such incident yesterday might have been due to the sun in his eyes).

It will be interesting to see what happens re the Gardy injury (if, in fact he is going to miss games). I'd be tempted to play Kosi as second ruck behind McEvoy with Stanley coming in to play forward.

If it's not working on a given day there is the option of switching Ben or Kosi back to ff with Stanley getting a run in the ruck.

McEvoy looks a handy goal-kicker and seems to know how to use his body in contested marking situations ... Kosi seems to mark better when he's floating around the ground.

But back to my original point, he's either not watching the ball or has a major confidence problem which a change of role might fix.

Of course there is always the possibility that the selectors will opt for Pattison as a ruck replacement for Gardy or that Gardy may pull up okay.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

if he wasnt playing his role he would get dropped

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:so you disagree 100% that he is not struggling!!

but we seem to disagree.
In your OP you say 'without bringing up negs' but you're clearly just bristling to unleash a tirade of bile...

Lyon will never change a side that wins by 94.

Kosi worked hard to let Roo and Milne get plenty of it.

Would like to see 23 be used as an option rather than a foil, but I'm not in the coach's box and Kosi keeps getting picked despite low stats, so I'm no happy to let RL carry the can on Koz. Given up wondering now.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I'm still not certain Kosi is actually watching the ball.

For someone of his natural ability (yes I believe he has that in spades) he misjudges the flight of the ball way too often (though one such incident yesterday might have been due to the sun in his eyes).
He wasn't on his Pat Malone there...1.10 start...Along with the 'how do we grow turf inside?' part of the Etihad plan, they didn't factor the sun's effect when there's an early start...
Last edited by Thinline on Mon 09 Aug 2010 8:26am, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is completely out of form but yes he is doing a role. The question is can another do that role better. it would be pretty hard to do it any worse. RL will stick with Kosi but if Stanley does come in for MG then at least we get to see the 2 up against each other with Rooy in the side.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I find it interesting that no-one has yet brought up the courage Kosi showed in that marking contest (for which he should have received a free kick for high contact) right on the quarter time siren. Many of his team-mates appeared to be appreciative of his effort as they headed for the huddle !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

but we seem to disagree.
In your OP you say 'without bringing up negs' but you're clearly just bristling to unleash a tirade of bile...

Would like to see 23 be used as an option rather than a foil, but I'm not in the coach's box and Kosi keeps getting picked despite low stats, so I'm no happy to let RL carry the can on Koz. Given up wondering now.
Thinline as you state I did not go through the negs v pos but clearly indicated that I thought he was struggling though

But the post IMO by Quixote required some balance and that required comments from that angle.

"but you're clearly just bristling to unleash a tirade of bile"...

Whan an over the top comment by you.

I note that you can be critical of a players form (especially in your posts last week)

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... highlight=

saint4life
markp
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:The amount of time he finds space, but the ball is not kicked to him, is amazing.
I watched him closely for the first half and this is true... he was playing out of the goal square and looked very keen and presented well.

Maybe confidence for a forward is a two way street... the players look up, see Roo and Kosi presenting.... well, what would you do?

Bleach could be the answer.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I would hazard a guess that a large portion of the unwashed masses are also oblivious to the number of times Kosi runs a block for Roo to allow him to go one on one in a marking contest.

I think the reference to the sun in his eyes at one point is also correct and it happened to BJ as well. That to me is laughable. In the last quarter when the guys spent a few minutes chipping it around in the back half, part of the issue was that they were playing in the quadrant of the ground where they were looking onto the sun! A few of them elected to go backwards because they couldn't frigging see forwards!! There is no way known that guys who have been drilled to avoid going to a contest whenever possible would kick into an area blind. Anoither stroke of genius by those responsible for the Dome - building it the wrong way around!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

but we seem to disagree.

Thinline as you state I did not go through the negs v pos but clearly indicated that I thought he was struggling though

But the post IMO by Quixote required some balance and that required comments from that angle.

"but you're clearly just bristling to unleash a tirade of bile"...

Whan an over the top comment by you.

I note that you can be critical of a players form (especially in your posts last week)

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... highlight=
I was simply pointing out what I thought was an apparent inconsistency between your 'positive' OP and your subsequent posts in which you were negative despite saying you didn't want to be.

I was confused by what you'd written.

Do you understand how I might have been?

Re my post(s), I stand by it. I don't see what relevance it has?

Kos was selected again when I didn't think he would be. He clearly has structural relevance. That's why he keeps getting picked. I'm now going to spend my time concentrating on what he does right structurally rather than what the stats book says he doesn't do. Clearly the latter is is wasted time.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Is it just me, or do we no longer go to Kosi when there is any other option available? I watched him closely yesterday and for the most part he almost looked more like a decoy than a "key" forward. Perhaps that's what his role has been reduced to. Crash packs, create contests, take defenders away from Roo, Milne, Schneider et al......... A waste of great talent, but if it works in securing a premiership, then I'm all for it! In any event, if Gardi goes down he is very handy insurance in the ruck stakes.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!