Kosi to the ruck, Pattison forward

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Kosi to the ruck, Pattison forward

At least while Gardi is out. Keeps Ross's beloved structure but allows Kosi a run around the ground with the more agile Patto able to create more frontal pressure.

What does everyone reckon?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

not sure...he didn't play last weekend....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Re: Kosi to the ruck, Pattison forward

dcstkfc wrote:At least while Gardi is out. Keeps Ross's beloved structure but allows Kosi a run around the ground with the more agile Patto able to create more frontal pressure.

I disagree if we are going into the finals with Kosi as our key forward we need to keep him there.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:At least while Gardi is out. Keeps Ross's beloved structure but allows Kosi a run around the ground with the more agile Patto able to create more frontal pressure.

Holy shiit.

That really is an indictment on Kosi.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Why not Kosi and Patti do ruck duties and Mc go forward. He can take a grab and kick a goal. Would like to see that.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Why not Kosi and Patti do ruck duties and Mc go forward. He can take a grab and kick a goal. Would like to see that.
I think we would actually miss Mc in the ruck if that was the case.

DWOODROW
Club Player

fingers wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:Why not Kosi and Patti do ruck duties and Mc go forward. He can take a grab and kick a goal. Would like to see that.
I think we would actually miss Mc in the ruck if that was the case.
The same as we are missing Kosi at Full Forward. :wink:

spert
Saintsational Legend

Dunno how Kosi is still getting a game -I can't believe he didn't do a lot better against the poor opposition last week, as it was his best chance to show us something.

3:16
Club Player

No, as I said earier, with Goth out for 1-2 weeks, Rhys will come in play forward in rotation with Benny Mc and Kosi (those two to ruck) all three to share forward role!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

no patto. keep structure. keep normal structure as is. kosi FF, roo CHF and mac in the ruck. when mac needs a rest - roo to FF. kosi to ruck and Rhys to HF.

patto and mac and kosi in the one team is too immobile for todays footy. patto should only be used as a 2nd tall/ruck. not a 3rd.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:No, as I said earier, with Goth out for 1-2 weeks, Rhys will come in play forward in rotation with Benny Mc and Kosi (those two to ruck) all three to share forward role!!!!!
so if you do know what's happening, you are happy to tell North that Rhys is in the side?

Or did they already know that???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
3:16 wrote:No, as I said earier, with Goth out for 1-2 weeks, Rhys will come in play forward in rotation with Benny Mc and Kosi (those two to ruck) all three to share forward role!!!!!
so if you do know what's happening, you are happy to tell North that Rhys is in the side?

He also said Kosi was gone, and had signed with the GC :wink:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote:

Holy shiit.

That really is an indictment on Kosi.
To be fair to Pattison (and Kosi), if being agile were all that was required to be an effective tall/ruck, he'd be a star.

Unfortunately for Patto, agility comes second to.... well.... everything else.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

SainterK wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

it does make you wonder tho, why did the club keep his re-signing secret for so long?

Seeya
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
SainterK wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

it does make you wonder tho, why did the club keep his re-signing secret for so long?
Was he the only one that was kept quiet though?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

without evidence to the contrary...yes.

Seeya
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:without evidence to the contrary...yes.
Fair enough, I just never believed the Gold Coast would be chasing Kosi.

I would have probably leaned towards it being because of his well publicised lack of form...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Dunno how Kosi is still getting a game -I can't believe he didn't do a lot better against the poor opposition last week, as it was his best chance to show us something.

how could he do any better..?.half a dozen times he was loose on his own...but the players streaming in spottted up roo or another saint....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
spert wrote:Dunno how Kosi is still getting a game -I can't believe he didn't do a lot better against the poor opposition last week, as it was his best chance to show us something.

how could he do any better..?.half a dozen times he was loose on his own...but the players streaming in spottted up roo or another saint....
i agree honestly what do some people expect from Kosi ?? as long as he presents and applys a physical presance then im fine with hime getting a game

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:

i agree honestly what do some people expect from Kosi ?? as long as he presents and applys a physical presance then im fine with hime getting a game
Maybe I am expecting to much but kicking 15 goals in 13 games for a FF seems ordinary to me. Maybe he does present but it seems unbelievable that they have ignored him for 19 games now.

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Hate to say this but one thing I do agree with GT on is that Kossie is a ruckman who should pinch-hit up forward.
Personally he looks like a ruckman when he plays forward - I know he did well there last year & maybe Im having a case of short-term memory. However I think as Kossies matured his agilitys dropped off and hes become easier to nulify.
Id love to see Kossie thrown into the ruck with B-Mac this week and Rhys Stanley given another chance up forward. Rhys adds speed and supreme athletic ability - and Kossie adds strength and strong contested marking around the groud.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote:Hate to say this but one thing I do agree with GT on is that Kossie is a ruckman who should pinch-hit up forward.
Personally he looks like a ruckman when he plays forward - I know he did well there last year & maybe Im having a case of short-term memory. However I think as Kossies matured his agilitys dropped off and hes become easier to nulify.
Id love to see Kossie thrown into the ruck with B-Mac this week and Rhys Stanley given another chance up forward. Rhys adds speed and supreme athletic ability - and Kossie adds strength and strong contested marking around the groud.

worth a try.....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
stinger wrote:

Maybe I am expecting to much but kicking 15 goals in 13 games for a FF seems ordinary to me. Maybe he does present but it seems unbelievable that they have ignored him for 19 games now.
I'd say the lack of confidence he had for a while there probably affected both him, and then in turn, they may not have looked for him as much.

The good thing is that now he is working hard, and providing leads, and I am sure they will soon look for him again very soon.

3:16
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Which he was, until the Gold Coast withdrew the offer!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Which he was, until the Gold Coast withdrew the offer!!!!!
He signed with us over 2 months ago. You said he was leaving 4 weeks ago. What happened?