Collingwood v St.Kilda R16

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood v St.Kilda R16

Interesting......Are the Pies that good or were the Saints that bad?

Geelong were pretty sore also, so we'll see who's fair dinkum come finals time!

"St Kilda is another club to have been struck down by illness this season and, on the eve of the Saints' round-16 clash with Collingwood, faced the prospect of building a team without eight senior players."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/k ... 11y5a.html

Another opportunity awaits!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Best thing is a not so much as a single whine was heard at Moorrabbin.

Now if we were to have beaten Pies in circs where they were 8 down reckon we might have known about debilitating illness or what?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ThomasR
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Best thing is a not so much as a single whine was heard at Moorrabbin.

Now if we were to have beaten Pies in circs where they were 8 down reckon we might have known about debilitating illness or what?
No doubt.. but the title of biggest whingers must surely belong to the Doggies, led by Rocket, king of the throwaway excuse

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:
Thinline wrote:Best thing is a not so much as a single whine was heard at Moorrabbin.

No doubt.. but the title of biggest whingers must surely belong to the Doggies, led by Rocket, king of the throwaway excuse
indeed.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

It explains a lot re the team performance for that game.

They looked very flat and now we know why.

Superboot
SS Life Member

The effort against Collingwood looked like a real shocker but this flu thing might actually explain the way the team has been going since Roo came back. They wouldn't have been able to train effectively either.

The illness going around seems to take around three weeks to get over.

Hopefully they are now over it and that the Port game was some indication of what's to come.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ross actually flagged the flu the week before
he and BJ were struggling in Brisbane and Ross said about 8 players were showing signs.

would maybe also explain the Brisbane game- flu + heat.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Best thing is a not so much as a single whine was heard at Moorrabbin
Exactly.

Once you are on the ground you are fit.

Make no mistake about it the Magpies are a very good side and deserve premiership favouritism.

At our best we can beat them
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 11 Aug 2010 4:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

DWOODROW
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Thinline wrote:Best thing is a not so much as a single whine was heard at Moorrabbin
Exactly. Once you are on the ground you are fit. Make no mistake about it the Magpies are a very good side and deserve premiership favouritism.

At our best we can beat them
I agree. After the weekend although the opposition wern't that crash hot it was still a clinical performance and there were still areas ( skills etc) that could have been improved.
If Saints continue to play that sort of football then i think it will prove to be exciting come finals time. The pressure levels excel also and Collingwood have a little trouble with this. :)

markp
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Ross actually flagged the flu the week before
he and BJ were struggling in Brisbane and Ross said about 8 players were showing signs.

would maybe also explain the Brisbane game- flu + heat.
Yep, it was pretty apparent to me, and just about the only logical explanation... as was 'loading' affecting them in the bombers game.

At least the upside is we are now flying under the radar beautifully.

We'll be ready.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget, even struggling with the flu, the boys managed to keep Collingwood to their lowest inside 50's (43) in the past 4 weeks. If you remember, they had an incredibly accurate day in front of goal...not sure it's happened since.

CORDZ
Club Player

I like this thread :)

"That's ahh...quite a stutter you've got there, Ken!"
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Why is it that Collingwood (both the club and its feral supporters) hate us so much?

Does it hark back to the 1966 Grand Final? The John Greening incident? The fact that we have put them out of the finals two years running? Malthouse's spray at Milney?

I think they might have gotten hold of both Luke Ball and Max in an attempt to spite us.

I don't know what it is; only that they despise us.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
ThomasR wrote:

indeed.

Double indeed, can imagine fat eds line on MMM would be something like "I dont` want to sound like I am making excuses but"

I love this club
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Why is it that Collingwood (both the club and its feral supporters) hate us so much?

Does it hark back to the 1966 Grand Final? The John Greening incident? The fact that we have put them out of the finals two years running? Malthouse's spray at Milney?

I think they might have gotten hold of both Luke Ball and Max in an attempt to spite us.

speaking of the 1966 G/F
chooseday night on Fox- August 17th has the choices of 1965 or 1966 G/f and the 1969 on

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:The effort against Collingwood looked like a real shocker but this flu thing might actually explain the way the team has been going since Roo came back. They wouldn't have been able to train effectively either.

Hopefully they are now over it and that the Port game was some indication of what's to come.
its not the bloody flu.

Not all viruses are the bloody flu.

Read the article again.

Drives me mad!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Don't forget, even struggling with the flu, the boys managed to keep Collingwood to their lowest inside 50's (43) in the past 4 weeks. If you remember, they had an incredibly accurate day in front of goal...not sure it's happened since.
We only had 2 less scoring shots than them which is amazing considering how bad we looked that day

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
SainterK wrote:Don't forget, even struggling with the flu, the boys managed to keep Collingwood to their lowest inside 50's (43) in the past 4 weeks. If you remember, they had an incredibly accurate day in front of goal...not sure it's happened since.
We only had 2 less scoring shots than them which is amazing considering how bad we looked that day
wouldnt read much into scoring shot stats....game was over by half time.

“Yeah….nah””
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
26 points down at half time and you reckon the game was over :shock: :shock:

I'm glad you're not my coach

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
lendog heaven
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:Why is it that Collingwood (both the club and its feral supporters) hate us so much?
-

at least one older filth supporter I know hates us with a passion because of O'Dea / Greening - facts are they haven't beaten us in a final since 66 2nd SF despite having dominated us throughout VFL/AFL history - really must piss them off - and we're loving it.

Tramps like us.............
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I have a cold with the same symptoms and it is very much flu like. I have lost my voice and congested lungs with body aches and lethargy. I couldn't play a game of footy with out falling over.

Any one that played with this virus is doing well.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Superboot wrote:The effort against Collingwood looked like a real shocker but this flu thing might actually explain the way the team has been going since Roo came back. They wouldn't have been able to train effectively either.

its not the bloody flu.

Read the article again.

Drives me mad!
That makes you mad?:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
3:16
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

its not the bloody flu.

Read the article again.

Drives me mad!
Any flu like symtoms????? Flu can cause mental illness!!!!! :wink:

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
26 points down at half time and you reckon the game was over :shock: :shock:

It was over 5 min in the third but probably over before that. You could see what was happening before that......

I'm glad you're not my coach

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

...and we were lousy; 6.15 wasn't it? I remember beating the Pies at the start of the season, where their 4.14 was widely publicised as the excuse for their defeat, doesn't seem to work the other way, does it?