bomber once again with the arrogance. - todays Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

beebarry
Club Player

bomber once again with the arrogance. - todays Age

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... 14wwc.html

We can't get to a big game, a final, and have so many of our good players play like they did in the first half on Friday night - that's a given," Thompson said on Monday.

"I've tried to work it out, I've analysed it, watched it a few times, spoken to a lot of the players and they can't work it out either.

"I'm not sure if they took it easy or there was too much anxiety."

WHAT ABOUT THE FACT YOU WERE PLAYING A TOUGH HARD AND COMMITTED SIDE AND THAT WAS WHAT YOU COULDNT DEAL WITH ? ....its all about Geelong ...not a scrap of respect for the Saints who, it must be said were FAR and AWAY your superiors in the first half of that match ...

twit .,...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

FAAAARK MY BROWN DOG IT WAS ONLY THE FIRST HALF THEY PLAYED BAD!

They kicked 1.7 in the 4th so from where I sit they played one good quarter by all important measures.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

He is incredible isn't he? A complete wanker. Not once since Friday night has he even acknowledged the saints deserved to win, or played good footy in the first half (which may have contributed to the cats having a ppor first half) I know so many people hate the pies, but I will rapt if they spank the cats in the prelim.

older saint
SS Life Member

Not like you need motivation at this time of year but thanks for that Bomber IF you can beat Collingwood and the Shockers and we win the Prelim something extra to post on the wall.

python
Club Player

I am thoroughly enjoying the cats reaction from friday night. The entire club has imploded, they all legitimately believe an umpire has cost them the game, despite the majority of impartial fans acknowledging that the free was there. Never mind the soft shots at goal given to stokes, johnson and selwood due to their blatant dives, all the focus is on the free kick.

Then we hear their club legends like Brownless and Newman lose the plot like because they somehow believe the AFL is against them.

They receive so much credit from the media for being a class organistion, and because of this one correct free kick, which they all seem to acknowledge that it wouldn't be remembered if it was paid at any other stage of the game, they are now finally being seen for what they truly are. Sore sore losers. Anyone can show grace when everything is going their way, it's when it goes against you that true class comes to the fore. We showed it plenty last year, despite a legitimate umpiring error. We know what they are now, sooks the lot of them, bomber is an arrogant man, and if we manage to make the grand final, i hope we play them again, just so we can do it all over again. They can't stand losing, well, they better get used to it!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Actually upon reflection Bomber is being very clever here by protracting the argument. He is deflecting the attention away from other things that are of much bigger concern to him.

Don't tell me that his remark about being in the best shape they have been in for 4 years wasn't covering something up.

What's up at Cat land. Is Gary going, gone maybe causing some issues. Do they have injury concerns or fatigue concerns. Something is wrong for a champion team to be acting in this way.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

An absolute whinging sook! I'd say Unbelievable...but...hey it is Geelong after all ...so it's Believable!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
bozza1980
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Actually upon reflection Bomber is being very clever here by protracting the argument. He is deflecting the attention away from other things that are of much bigger concern to him.

Don't tell me that his remark about being in the best shape they have been in for 4 years wasn't covering something up.

What's up at Cat land. Is Gary going, gone maybe causing some issues. Do they have injury concerns or fatigue concerns. Something is wrong for a champion team to be acting in this way.
You may well be right, because all the talk has been about a stupid free kick rather than our performance.

It still remains one of the most petulant displays by a coach post match, doubly so when one considers that he was wrong and now days later he is still bleating. Put a sock in it Bomber!!

Not many clubs would have let Mooney's little rant go either, for crying out loud they were one kick down with the ball in their forward 50 and his crying that the game was lost.

Even if the umpires decision was a mistake, that sort of behaviour when the game is on the line should have earnt some kind of whack from the coach, but it's hard to do so when you are whinging about the same thing 4 days later yourself.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Actually upon reflection Bomber is being very clever here by protracting the argument. He is deflecting the attention away from other things that are of much bigger concern to him.

You may well be right, because all the talk has been about a stupid free kick rather than our performance.

It still remains one of the most petulant displays by a coach post match, doubly so when one considers that he was wrong and now days later he is still bleating. Put a sock in it Bomber!!

Not many clubs would have let Mooney's little rant go either, for crying out loud they were one kick down with the ball in their forward 50 and his crying that the game was lost.

Even if the umpires decision was a mistake, that sort of behaviour when the game is on the line should have earnt some kind of whack from the coach, but it's hard to do so when you are whinging about the same thing 4 days later yourself.
MAAAAAASIVE deflection for mine

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

If you think about it Cats Hawkins who is - frankly - complete s***, Blake who is complete s***, Ottens and Milburn who are both possibly past it, Taylor now on notice that he can't cover a fit Riewoldt on his own and then a fleet of B minus-graders in Varcoe, Wojinski, and Stokes.

Cats are being carried by Scarlett and an elite midfield core one of whom will no doubt head north at season end.

They remind me very much of Brisbane Lions in the last moments of awesomeness.

Cracks at the Cattery.

Bomber has plenty to deflect.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint3d
Club Player

Cameron Ling's "goal" with 61 seconds remaining was disallowed for a controversial off-the-ball free kick from Cameron Mooney.
Off the ball? Because Ling kicked it away after the free kick was paid?

Quality journalism.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'm so looking forward to either us or the Pies finishing them off in 2 or 3 weeks. I just hope it's by plenty, so they have nothing to whinge about.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He should do a big internal review where they all tell each other how s*** they are again. Just a little tip from us. He is quite right though, Geelong are the only team that plays afl to the highest standard and every other team is just wasting their time. Until the afl gets serious and stops them having to play anybody else before their premiership cups are presented, he should do heaps of media with his sullen face crying blue murder over an umpiring decision. I hope andy has an apology written for him. Maybe the umpire should make a public apology?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:An absolute whinging sook! I'd say Unbelievable...but...hey it is Geelong after all ...so it's Believable!
the guy's an absolute arsehole...a creep.....has always been one....has also hated the saints since his bomber days and shows us the same lack of respect that pricks like sheedy and harvey show.....you would not invite any of them into your house....low rent arsewipes one and all.....ignore him...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bozza1980
Club Player

saint3d wrote:
Cameron Ling's "goal" with 61 seconds remaining was disallowed for a controversial off-the-ball free kick from Cameron Mooney.
Off the ball? Because Ling kicked it away after the free kick was paid?

Quality journalism.
Good call.

If it's off the ball, that's another reason to pay a free kick for Mooney tackling Gwilt.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Just watched him on 10 news. He said he wished he had of played max rooke cos he would have "gone out angry and smashed some bodies".

Ummm didnt he say last week that he wanted the umpires to watch steven baker, and that "there is no room in football for people like steven baker and their tactics"

This guy is getting worse and I agree he is under pressure big time.

georgie girl
Club Player

Can't believe he is STILL complaining but in a different way - on the news tonight - something along the lines of "oh yes the free kick was there, just that there were fifteen others the same that weren't paid!"
Get over it - you just weren't good enough on the night Bomber!!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

georgie girl wrote:Can't believe he is STILL complaining but in a different way - on the news tonight - something along the lines of "oh yes the free kick was there, just that there were fifteen others the same that weren't paid!"
Most of those frees have been paid all year and ever since Mooney stated to the umpire that "he just cost us the match" is totally wrong IMO, because all that weekend the umps paid those frees and again in most cases this year.

Mooney needs to get a grip and realise that it was him that cost the game for the Cats and not the umpire.

It was a tackle in the back and for Mooney and the coach to push the blame on the umpires is totally wrong and reeks of being spoilt and sooky IMO.

The Cats reek of arrogance and believe they never do wrong.

Total spoil sports and a disgrace to their Club

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
georgie girl wrote:Can't believe he is STILL complaining but in a different way - on the news tonight - something along the lines of "oh yes the free kick was there, just that there were fifteen others the same that weren't paid!"
Most of those frees have been paid all year and ever since Mooney stated to the umpire that "he just cost us the match" is totally wrong IMO, because all that weekend the umps paid those frees and again in most cases this year.

Mooney needs to get a grip and realise that it was him that cost the game for the Cats and not the umpire.

It was a tackle in the back and for Mooney and the coach to push the blame on the umpires is totally wrong and reeks of being spoilt and sooky IMO.

there was still a minute left anyway....if the goal had been recorded the ball would have gone back to the centre...we might ave got another goal...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

there was still a minute left anyway....if the goal had been recorded the ball would have gone back to the centre...we might ave got another goal...
Yeah, but my point is that it was Mooney that may have cost them the match and he and the coach pushed the blame on the umpires.

Sooks and reek of arrogance IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

We should have been awarded a fifty metre penalty when the ranga kicked the ball after the ump sounded his whistle.. :idea: :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand why journalists don't quiz answers like that.

"So, Bomber, you said there was 15 similar incidents unpaid. Can you point them out?"

He'd be unable to answer with anything other than gibberish, he'd look like the idiot he deserves to look like, and he may well change his approach next time as a result.

Win/win?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
georgie girl
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:We should have been awarded a fifty metre penalty when the ranga kicked the ball after the ump sounded his whistle.. :idea: :wink:
....and then anther 50 m penalty for the abuse from Mooney! In reality we should have had a free kick AND two 50 m penalties!!
Then we could have kicked another goal!!! :D