the Saints are everywhere!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

the Saints are everywhere!!

You know what i love about finals.. i love driving to work and seeing the saints emblem standing proud on the signage of the pharmacy in Moorabbin on Warrigal road.

It seems every trip I take the last couple of days Im spotting a saint displaying the colours!
Also spotted the saints flag flying high on Nepean Highway from Lowe Building group (not sure of the correct business name, but its Lowe something!)

Where have you seen the saints colours/flag/emblem?

It feels bloody good to be getting excited!

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Nattens
Club Player

I used to drive through the centre of Moorabbin on my way to work last year during the finals. Good to see some Saints stuff around but it's rather disapointing the lack of stores that go all out Saints.

When I lived in Geelong during the 2007 campaign it was RIDICULOUS the amount of pro Geelong stuff going round. I'm talking every shop.

Come on Moorabbin! Get yourself together!

roxanne
Club Player

There's some great grafitti on a wall in St Kilda, near the corner of Inkerman St. Nick is reaching up to touch God's finger....a take off of the Da Vinci painting. I have a photo of it...I wish I knew how to put it up here.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
yipper
SS Life Member

The actual suburb of StKilda really gets into it. Banners everywhere in GF week last year. The Town hall was decked out etc - plenty of Red, White & Black!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Superboot
SS Life Member

I often see a guy at the corner of Bourke and Russell Streets around 8 am who looks like he wears a Saints members' scarf to work every day!!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

roxanne wrote:There's some great grafitti on a wall in St Kilda, near the corner of Inkerman St. Nick is reaching up to touch God's finger....a take off of the Da Vinci painting. I have a photo of it...I wish I knew how to put it up here.
Upload it to Photobucket or similar, copy the link, highlight it and then hit the "Img" button near the "close tags" button above your "post a reply" box ;)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
roxanne wrote:There's some great grafitti on a wall in St Kilda, near the corner of Inkerman St. Nick is reaching up to touch God's finger....a take off of the Da Vinci painting. I have a photo of it...I wish I knew how to put it up here.
Upload it to Photobucket or similar, copy the link, highlight it and then hit the "Img" button near the "close tags" button above your "post a reply" box ;)
that painting picture was on saints facebook and twitter last week

check there.

http://ow.ly/i/3GDd

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Just saw a car with two saints flags in Malop Street Geelong.

Yes there are a few of us down here in Sleepy Hollow.

Then again, if the Cats make it through it will be like last year and every second car will have Geelong Flags flying - courtesy of the Addy! :roll:

Badlands
Club Player

Well I'm in Canberra so not much sainters paraphernalia about. I'll see if i can change that should we get over the line on Saturday night.

But I have already started to see some 'signs' that are turning my mind to the weekend's events. This morning as i crossed the road outside work, I gave way to a ute with "Schneider-Electric" in big green letters painted on the side..., and I thought to myself "yes, let's hope so" :D

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
ACTSAINTER
Club Player

Badlands wrote:Well I'm in Canberra so not much sainters paraphernalia about. I'll see if i can change that should we get over the line on Saturday night.

But I have already started to see some 'signs' that are turning my mind to the weekend's events. This morning as i crossed the road outside work, I gave way to a ute with "Schneider-Electric" in big green letters painted on the side..., and I thought to myself "yes, let's hope so" :D
There are a few of us around Badlands, a guy who catches a bus near me proudly wears his Saints members scarf to work, and old guy down the local shops who is always wearing his beanie etc etc and had a Filth supporter eyeing me off whilst wearing my Saints jacket last week. Its all happening!! Carn the Saints

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
mordi
Club Player

I did the Garage door last year (very accomodating landlord - who was Pies supporter). Check it out;

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt34 ... Lsdoor.jpg

New place I'm off the road , so no-one will see it , even if I could paint it. Will have to come up with some new idea..........

What's the Point of it All?
Thomas
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Just saw a car with two saints flags in Malop Street Geelong.

Yes there are a few of us down here in Sleepy Hollow.

Then again, if the Cats make it through it will be like last year and every second car will have Geelong Flags flying - courtesy of the Addy! :roll:
Yes there are SAINTS supporters in the geelong area, and we are not afraid of showing our true colours. :D

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I haven't seen this but it sounds like you are describing Michelangelo's "The creation of man" not Da Vinci. Could be wrong though.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

ACTSAINTER wrote:
Badlands wrote:Well I'm in Canberra so not much sainters paraphernalia about. I'll see if i can change that should we get over the line on Saturday night.

There are a few of us around Badlands, a guy who catches a bus near me proudly wears his Saints members scarf to work, and old guy down the local shops who is always wearing his beanie etc etc and had a Filth supporter eyeing me off whilst wearing my Saints jacket last week. Its all happening!! Carn the Saints
This is why a job where casual clothes can be worn is awesome.

Saints gear for the next 2 weeks (and longer we hope!) for me.

They walk amongst us...

cps
Club Player

I noticed that the California Club has a few Saints flags flying (as I drove past of course :oops: ).

Also, on Punt road (near Commercial Road I think) I saw two adjoining terrace houses - one had a big Saints flag flying, while the one next door had the Collingwood flag flying! Reminded me of when I lived in Belfast!

Badlands
Club Player

ACTSAINTER wrote:

Good to hear! Would love to see a saints flag hanging from the bridge over parkes way or something. My route doesn't actually take me via parkes away, but were a flag to magically appear, i would be happy to take an alternate route for the week.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:I often see a guy at the corner of Bourke and Russell Streets around 8 am who looks like he wears a Saints members' scarf to work every day!!
I work in the city and have seen quite a few saints members scarfs.

I love this club
Saints94
SS Life Member

Now we just need a 16 page outlift on us. :wink: :lol:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

mordi wrote:I did the Garage door last year (very accomodating landlord - who was Pies supporter). Check it out;

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt34 ... Lsdoor.jpg

New place I'm off the road , so no-one will see it , even if I could paint it. Will have to come up with some new idea..........
Nice, that middle panel would look extra nice with "Premiers 2010" on it. Would you do it?

Qld Saints Supporter Group
spert
Saintsational Legend

I have a red and a black balloon still just slightly inflated- (the white went flat) from last year's GF day at our place. I threw all the streamers and balloons out in the back shed after we lost last year.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I've just started 3 weeks leave, and living out here in Werribee, Hoppers Crossing seeing a lot of Bulldogs colors. Just like kast year they seem happy to be in a prelim.
Must admit, I wont start putting colors out until we win Saturday night.
But, I have seen plenty of colors around town whilst driving my truck for work.
Ijust want that premiership, nothing else will do.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
sainta
Club Player

Frankston Council last year put flags up all over the place. They may do so again this year.

bendigo bob
Club Player

this is my front fence from last year

Will freshen it up after we beat the doggies

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
saintnick12
Club Player

That's awesome Bendigo Bob. Love it!! Did you leave it like that all year??

Nothing extra at my place. Just my members stickers on my car and my desk at work. Also wore my Saints pullover on the weekend and lots of go saints comments from that. I wear it to kids sports nearly everyweek...win lose or draw.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.