noddy sheahan is starting to really annoy me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

noddy sheahan is starting to really annoy me

the pr!ck started off tonight on otc...whinging that it was unfair that the filth....the minor premiers had landed in the tougher of the two preliminary finals......the moron asked"how could that be"... according to mike they were the best team all year... but now found themselves matched with the second seed...one of which was going to miss out on the grannie......you goose mike...you absolute goose........them's the rules....everyone else accepts that...that's how it's been for years you idiot.....if they are good enough..they will get to the grand final......

he thought they shoud get to play the lowest ranked team again...doesn't realise that if you are good enough to win the flag..you should be good enough to knock off ALL other rivals......clown...

in any event.....7 day breaks over 6 day breaks after travelling interstate.....and an 8 day break over a 7 day break...if they are good enough to beat the cats is a f****** advantage you dropkick..... :roll: :roll: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: noddy sheahan is starting to really annoy me

stinger wrote:the pr!ck started off tonight on otc...whinging that it was unfair that the filth....the minor premiers had landed in the tougher of the two preliminary finals......the moron asked"how could that be"....they were the best team all year...now found themselves match with the second seed...one of which was going to miss out on the grannie......you goose mike...you absolute goose........them's the rules....everyone else accepts that...that's how it's been for years you idiot.....if they are good enough..they will get to the grand final......

in any event.....7 day breaks over 6 day breaks after travelling interstate.....and an 8 day break over a 7 day break...if they are good enough to beat the cats is a f****** advantage you dropkick..... :roll: :roll: :evil:
Have you taken your medication tonight? Just calm down and take a couple of deep breaths.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:the pr!ck started off tonight on otc...whinging that it was unfair that the filth....the minor premiers had landed in the tougher of the two preliminary finals......the moron asked"how could that be"....they were the best team all year...now found themselves match with the second seed...one of which was going to miss out on the grannie......you goose mike...you absolute goose........them's the rules....everyone else accepts that...that's how it's been for years you idiot.....if they are good enough..they will get to the grand final......

Have you taken your medication tonight? Just calm down and take a couple of deep breaths.

i would like to give an uncensored reply to you inane comments...but decided a long time ago that you are not worth wasting time and energy on....

...so... 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Same thing happened to us last year Sheehan you twit. We had to play the dogs who finished 3rd :roll:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We just destroyed everyone's plans by beating Geelong, I love it :)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:the pr!ck started off tonight on otc...whinging that it was unfair that the filth....the minor premiers had landed in the tougher of the two preliminary finals......the moron asked"how could that be"... according to mike they were the best team all year... but now found themselves matched with the second seed...one of which was going to miss out on the grannie......you goose mike...you absolute goose........them's the rules....everyone else accepts that...that's how it's been for years you idiot.....if they are good enough..they will get to the grand final......

he thought they shoud get to play the lowest ranked team again...doesn't realise that if you are good enough to win the flag..you should be good enough to knock off ALL other rivals......clown...

I do agree with you to a certain extent. What Mike failed to take into account before his opening rant was that because St Kilda was under rated, no one gave them a chance to win that first final. We are easy beats that Collingwood would have knocked out come the Prelim and everyone would have gotten the 'predicted' Geelong V Collingwood GF. Think there are a few feathers ruffled that it is not going to happen as we are STILL not rated, even after that win over Geelong in the first final.

Not to worry. Lets just get on with the business at hand and let the media hype up the Friday night game and the winner of the Friday night game.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
StSteven
Club Player

I'm with you Stinger, I nearly burst a carotid artery. Pies make top of the table for the first time in 20 years (and by 2 points and less %age than Cats) and they want a financial reward for it and "special treatment" in finals.

Let's just forget the draw is not even, Collingwood play more games at GF venue than any other team and just give the pr!cks the cup. Sheeees.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:We just destroyed everyone's plans by beating Geelong, I love it :)
yep we really did.

now lets capitalise....

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
SainterK wrote:We just destroyed everyone's plans by beating Geelong, I love it :)
yep we really did.

now lets capitalise....
But of course 8-)

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Not really, we just moved the Grand Final 8 days earlier, or so you'd be led to believe

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Not really, we just moved the Grand Final 8 days earlier, or so you'd be led to believe
so they will then have played their grand final- the one everyone ( except the other 14 teams ) has been waiting for

Maybe they will switch off thinking they have won- either team- and the Saints will be waiting for them having continued their Process and worked toward the Last saturday in September - not the Final we were meant to ahve......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

To win the Premiership you basically need to beat the other three in the top four.
It doesn't matter what order you do it in.
The advantage Collingwood have as being the top side is they dont have to play themself. That is advantage in itself.
They weren't the best side all year anyway.
They only cemented top stop with their long winning streak towards the finals.
In that time I believe us and Geelong took the foot off a bit realising top four was cemented.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:The advantage Collingwood have as being the top side is they dont have to play themself. That is advantage in itself.
Well, they run so deep, they probably could make up another best 22 and do just that :wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

we earned our position by beating a higher ranked team in the qualifying final.

that's why it is called a qualifying final.

what seems to be lost on not only geelong, but on neutral supporters and the media is that we actually deserved our victory over the cats.

it wasn't some sort of accident or the umpire's fault. the better team on the night won.

might not suit collingwood, but those are the rules. there is no great advantage to finishing on top as we well know. premierships are won in september.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

big mike the suger daddy

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Whilst in essence I aggree with the O.P. and whilst taking my wife up to a shopping centre to queue on Sunday, I had the same running argument with about 3 Collingwood supporters who were already in line (I've had the same argument with my wife) For some reason magpie supporters believe that finishing on top gives them some right of passage into the GF, without having to beat anyone of significance. THey forget that over the course of time since this finals system has been invoked, ALL top teams have had to do it this way. Adelaide lost to W.C. in the prelim 2006 in the exact same way after finishing top of the table. Them's the breaks. Funny how we didn't hear them whining at the time. If the pies lose on Friday night wait for Eddie to call for an overhaul to the finals system.

However, I do think that the final 5 was the best finals system that we had. Gave a distinct advantage to the team finishing top, gave an advantage to the the next 2 teams with a double chance, and made the 4th and 5th teams force their way through by winning each week. If we'd have had to play the cats in a prelim last year, we'd probably feel let down a touch - but no-one would have heard about it as much as the whinging pies supporters.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

If the pies lose on Friday night wait for Eddie to call for an overhaul to the finals system.
I cannot wait.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I've got to chime in here....

I don't know where this idea that the top team gets a reward has come from?

Was there a rule once upon a time that said this is the case? Because in the entire time I've been following footy, there it has never been the case.

To my knowledge, what happens (and everyone knows this prior to the season starting) is that the top 2 teams get home finals and a second chance.
Teams 3 and 4 get away finals against the 2 bets teams in the comp - but have earnt a double chance.

Clearly there is a theoretical advantage to to the top 2 teams (the home final).
But the only additional advantage tot he top team, is that they play the 4th best team in the comp, whereas the 2nd team cops the 3rd best team.

The fact that Collingwood played the Bulldogs, and Geelong played us, to me highlights that in this case Collingwood gained a significant advantage by finishing on top of the ladder.

But, we all know prior to the season beginning, that that is the extent of the advantage you get for finishing on top.
I don't understand the surprise, shock, or outrage that often occurs at this time of year - considering everyone knows the rules.

So I don't have an issue with the 'advantanges' received by the top teams.

What I do have issue with, and strangely there is very little fuss about it - is when the teams with the 'home final' don't actually play that final at home.

It's an outrage.

In the prelim of 2005, the Saints earnt a 'home final'. This 'home final' was played at a ground that our opponents had more experience at.

In 2006, we earnt a 'home final' - and that was played at our opponents home ground!!

If you want to pick issues out, that is one that surely must the first to target.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

bigred wrote:
If the pies lose on Friday night wait for Eddie to call for an overhaul to the finals system.
I cannot wait.
should read "when" the pies lose.
and eddie: 'for every six missed set shots you get a consolation goal, but only in prelims'

Moods
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I've got to chime in here....

I don't know where this idea that the top team gets a reward has come from?

Was there a rule once upon a time that said this is the case? Because in the entire time I've been following footy, there it has never been the case.

To my knowledge, what happens (and everyone knows this prior to the season starting) is that the top 2 teams get home finals and a second chance.
Teams 3 and 4 get away finals against the 2 bets teams in the comp - but have earnt a double chance.

Clearly there is a theoretical advantage to to the top 2 teams (the home final).
But the only additional advantage tot he top team, is that they play the 4th best team in the comp, whereas the 2nd team cops the 3rd best team.

The fact that Collingwood played the Bulldogs, and Geelong played us, to me highlights that in this case Collingwood gained a significant advantage by finishing on top of the ladder.

But, we all know prior to the season beginning, that that is the extent of the advantage you get for finishing on top.
I don't understand the surprise, shock, or outrage that often occurs at this time of year - considering everyone knows the rules.

So I don't have an issue with the 'advantanges' received by the top teams.

What I do have issue with, and strangely there is very little fuss about it - is when the teams with the 'home final' don't actually play that final at home.

It's an outrage.

In the prelim of 2005, the Saints earnt a 'home final'. This 'home final' was played at a ground that our opponents had more experience at.

In 2006, we earnt a 'home final' - and that was played at our opponents home ground!!

If you want to pick issues out, that is one that surely must the first to target.
Don't agree Rodg. The AFL never say that the ground that the game will be played at will be the clubs home ground. They say it will be their home state. The AFL finals series belongs to the AFL, and they have sole discretion as to where the games will be played. Have to admit this is what pisses me off when you go to watch an interstate final. They have ground announcers and everything else which are so biased. The venues are supposed to be neutral - not a home game for the club which normally plays in that state.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Don't agree Rodg. The AFL never say that the ground that the game will be played at will be the clubs home ground. They say it will be their home state. The AFL finals series belongs to the AFL, and they have sole discretion as to where the games will be played. Have to admit this is what pisses me off when you go to watch an interstate final. They have ground announcers and everything else which are so biased. The venues are supposed to be neutral - not a home game for the club which normally plays in that state.
But even if it's referred to as a 'home state' final, surely it's a huge flaw that that 'home state' final which is a reward for one particular team - can be played at the other team's home ground!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

It turned out to be a definite advantage. If anything, Geelong got the harsher deal playing the stronger side.
It doesnt always happen this way though.
Last year we played Collingwood, who at the time were inferior to the Dogs and the Cats at the time.

Add to that, the filth were the only side to get a HOME final, as they do this week again.

If they go out this week, and start bleating about an unfair draw, IMO they have absolutely no grounds to do so.

I wish we got to play at the dome against the Cats... Or even this week.
I can imagine Geelong wouldnt mind a home final @ skilled.

FFS the Filth get the easiest draw in the comp...literally gifted top spot and they still whine.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint vince
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Moods wrote:
But even if it's referred to as a 'home state' final, surely it's a huge flaw that that 'home state' final which is a reward for one particular team - can be played at the other team's home ground!
We know the rules. If we don't like them we should leave. Same argument levelled at Collingwood. Everyone knows what is going to happen in the finals deal with it and stop complaining.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
We know the rules. If we don't like them we should leave. Same argument levelled at Collingwood. Everyone knows what is going to happen in the finals deal with it and stop complaining.
Maybe some people 'deal' with these things by discussing them on a football forum?

I actually think this is the reason football forums were invented.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
It turned out to be a definite advantage. If anything, Geelong got the harsher deal playing the stronger side.
It doesnt always happen this way though.
Last year we played Collingwood, who at the time were inferior to the Dogs and the Cats at the time.

Add to that, the filth were the only side to get a HOME final, as they do this week again.

If they go out this week, and start bleating about an unfair draw, IMO they have absolutely no grounds to do so.

I wish we got to play at the dome against the Cats... Or even this week.
I can imagine Geelong wouldnt mind a home final @ skilled.

FFS the Filth get the easiest draw in the comp...literally gifted top spot and they still whine.
Well even the Sheahans of this world with their "give an advantage to the minor premier" would have Pies playing Cats in the GF.

If the Pies can't beat the Cats this week, after a soft Qualifying Final and a week off, what makes MS think they would beat them in the GF anyway? So what's his point?

If the Pies beat the Cats this week, which they would need to do to win the damn thing anyway, they get a soft GF against the "easybeat" Saints/Dogs.

Surely Sheahan has to be happy with that! :roll: