Tomorrow night is NOT the GF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Tomorrow night is NOT the GF

I am so sick of nuff nuffs stating that tomorrow night is the GF, just heard it again. It seems to me that lots of people can not tghink for themselves so what ever the filth times says is fact, pisses me off

Thats my rant

I love this club
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SEN promo for Friday night goes something like.

"the epic final that everyone wanted, a week early"

Personally, I love denying the people what they want :)

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

:shock:

Its not the GF?

I have read the paper, listened to the radio, spoken to friends.. they have all confirmed it IS the grand final.

If its not, at least we know who ever wins tomorrow night WILL win the GF.
(thats something I have read and heard also)

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

dals_da_bomb wrote::shock:

Its not the GF?

I have read the paper, listened to the radio, spoken to friends.. they have all confirmed it IS the grand final.

If its not, at least we know who ever wins tomorrow night WILL win the GF.
(thats something I have read and heard also)
Should be an easy week for us the following week if we make it through Saturday night. The Pies and Geelong won't even be turning up...... :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
markp
Saintsational Legend

It all just adds to the glory of what's coming.

Soak it up and enjoy.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Let's be honest though, it's going to be an absolutely cracking game of Australian Rules Football.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Just let them talk up the Cats and Pies, Its not ideal, but its not that bad, watch afl teams tonight and see how bias B.T and little asswipe Shaw is tonight.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Let's be honest though, it's going to be an absolutely cracking game of Australian Rules Football.
I truly hope it is, we certainly will be parking ourselves in for the evening...

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Beej wrote:Let's be honest though, it's going to be an absolutely cracking game of Australian Rules Football.
I truly hope it is, we certainly will be parking ourselves in for the evening...
As will I.

Lets hope that it's one of the hardest, most physically intense games ever played!

They walk amongst us...

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
SainterK wrote:
As will I.

Lets hope that it's one of the hardest, most physically intense games ever played!
with overtime.... just to test their ability...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
I'm actually looking forward to it more than our game.

Saturday night feels a bit like a long dreaded appointment at the dentist, or an all important exam.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It's bigger than the Grand Final lol!

If it was so big, why are there 5,000 public tickets still available a day after public tickets went on sale???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:It's bigger than the Grand Final lol!

If it was so big, why are there 5,000 public tickets still available a day after public tickets went on sale???
Exactly!!!! Also, still MCC visitors tickets still available. Last year our game against Collingwood, the MCC Visitors tickets sold out within a day and a half. Think the crowds could be a little disappointing. Should both be sold our or close to...

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

Exactly!!!! Also, still MCC visitors tickets still available. Last year our game against Collingwood, the MCC Visitors tickets sold out within a day and a half. Think the crowds could be a little disappointing. Should both be sold our or close to...
wrong. MCC visitor tickets (limit ONE per member), sold out within 20 minutes, and the 4,000 reserved seats in the MCC reserve sold out in the same period time also.

That is very high demand, suggesting a very busy MCC area.......I'll stick with Channel 7 live though thank-you very much!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The press is really going to hate us if we win it all.
It will be St.Kilda steals a premiership from Geelong/Collingwood and how we fluked it.
In the words of D Generation X I have just two words for you SUCK IT!!!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Q5
Club Player

markp wrote:I'm actually looking forward to it more than our game.

Saturday night feels a bit like a long dreaded appointment at the dentist, or an all important exam.
My thoughts exactly!!!!! Butterflies have been building - we just have to get through it!

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

saintspremiers wrote:
saint75 wrote:

wrong. MCC visitor tickets (limit ONE per member), sold out within 20 minutes, and the 4,000 reserved seats in the MCC reserve sold out in the same period time also.

That is very high demand, suggesting a very busy MCC area.......I'll stick with Channel 7 live though thank-you very much!
Reserve seats in the AFL reserve have also sold out and standing room only is available.

Busy MCC reserve and a busy AFL reserve = big crowd

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I rather hope that both Geelong and Collingwood do play their GF tomorrow night and that we play our PF (which will be very tough to win with possible showers expected) the next night.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Thats they way I feel. The game tomorrw night will be a cracker, but hopfully very hard and they manage to belt the tar out of each other. I will enjoy the game itself, just not the bullshyte that goes with it.

I am very stressed about our game.

I love this club
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Tomorrow nights game will be epic! And that's purely because one of these scumbag teams will be packing their bags and going home - courtesy of St Kilda…oh and Mooney!! :lol: :lol:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Same! When a team is so close to a Grand Final, desperation and extraordinary things can tend to happen!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
AdelaideSainter
Club Player

Let the media talk the other game up all they want. 8-)

i see it as nothing but a positive from our point of view. We'll earn the respect if we go all the way.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:

It might be painful, but the resulting outcome will be well worth it :wink:

They walk amongst us...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Tomorrow nights game will be epic! And that's purely because one of these scumbag teams will be packing their bags and going home - courtesy of St Kilda…oh and Mooney!! :lol: :lol:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Same! When a team is so close to a Grand Final, desperation and extraordinary things can tend to happen!

Yep I agree, I do expect to win, but it is crazy that so manny a writing of the Dogs. As you say they are so close to a GF, have lost a few prelims and then there the Johnson factor (hope he gets lennied)

If we dont bring our best game, then it may be our last game.

If do, then there will be a second GF in two weeks :)

I love this club
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Well if the game gets pumped up like a grand final and played like a grand final then there is a serious possibility they will come out flatter on grand final day.
You often hear ex-players saying how draining it can all be mentaly.
Then we can cash in

spert
Saintsational Legend

When we win this year's flag, I want to see the press acknowledge that we handled the finals better than the other teams and our players are the genuine article. I don't know of any other team in the top 4 of the ladder who has to spend so much time justifying their position.