Has Clint Jones been re-signed?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Has Clint Jones been re-signed?

I hadn't heard that he had signed for next year.
Has he?
I hope he does!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

thought he signed last year

marksnsparks
Club Player

Don't you hate that quirk of the English language that has resign and re-sign meaning the complete opposite?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

im pretty sure CJ and Farren Ray are both yet to sign. I for one am WORRIED.

ive posted on this topic on 2 separate occassions and nobody seems to be fussed. But im a tad concerned that one of them is GC bound.

They are both very important players for us. Especially because we dont have many players in that age group.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 16 Sep 2010 5:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:im pretty sure CJ and Farren Ray are both yet to sign. I for one and WORRIED.

ive posted on this topic on 2 separate occassions and nobody seems to be fussed. But im a tad concerned that one of them is GC bound.

They are both very important players for us. Especially because we dont have many players in that age group.
GC will take 6-8. They've never said different.

When Harbrow goes, they'll have five.

Ablett will be six.

Mundy will be seven.

Fraser or Hale will be eight. And bear in mind they may take two ruckmen.

No Saints to GC.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:im pretty sure CJ and Farren Ray are both yet to sign. I for one and WORRIED.

And given their short histories with the Saints, I assume any compensation would be minimal :(

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:

Ablett will be six.

Mundy will be seven.

No Saints to GC.
Don't be so sure.......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
shmic_s
Club Player

saint75 wrote:Don't be so sure.......
Do you have wind that one is going '75? Or just your opinion?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

shmic_s wrote:
saint75 wrote:Don't be so sure.......
Do you have wind that one is going '75? Or just your opinion?
Nothing I am certain enough to put in print and possibly be ridiculed for down the track, no. :P

There are a few rumours though.....

Just like the other 4 teams left, we will just have to wait a week or so to see how it all pans out.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:

And given their short histories with the Saints, I assume any compensation would be minimal :(
Premiership player will add some value to them. The Saints should be extremely pissed off if Farren Ray upped and left after we gave him a 2nd chance and re-ignited his career.

St Michele
Club Player

No not the 2 WA boys they need to stay Saints.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

As I said I am very worried. Noone has made me feel any better.

We dont have enough players 20-25 as it is. And I rate CJ and FR very highly.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

They will stay because we want them. We havent lost a player we wanted to stay for years.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:As I said I am very worried. Noone has made me feel any better.

I don't see either of them turning their back on a club that has given them a chance/2nd chance at playing footy. Both didn't have very promising careers when they were first picked up. Clint Jones has issues with his kicking and Farren Ray severely underperformed at Bulldogs. They were offered a contract by the Saints and have played in 1 (possibly 2) Grand Finals. Would have to be a mighty good offer to leave the Saints and they are still not rated highly elsewhere (heck, none of the Saints players are rated highly if the media is to be believed. We have no depth or talent.....ROFLMFAO :P)

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:As I said I am very worried. Noone has made me feel any better.

I don't see either of them turning their back on a club that has given them a chance/2nd chance at playing footy. Both didn't have very promising careers when they were first picked up. Clint Jones has issues with his kicking and Farren Ray severely underperformed at Bulldogs. They were offered a contract by the Saints and have played in 1 (possibly 2) Grand Finals. Would have to be a mighty good offer to leave the Saints and they are still not rated highly elsewhere (heck, none of the Saints players are rated highly if the media is to be believed. We have no depth or talent.....ROFLMFAO :P)
I havent heard any media saying that. Everyone is tipping us to play in another GF so I think they rate us very highly.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:

I havent heard any media saying that. Everyone is tipping us to play in another GF so I think they rate us very highly.
Clearly been stated on NUMEROUS occasions that we have no depth and a lack of talented players. I think this club has disproved this theory numerous times this year. My post may have been a little 'dramatic', but you get the gist.

By the way, if we do make the GF watch the odds for us blow out. Why? Simple, because they don't think we stand a chance. Their words will be along the lines of 'St Kilda will put up a brave battle but Geelong/Collingwood will just be too good for St Kilda'.

Bookmark it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Clearly been stated on NUMEROUS occasions that we have no depth and a lack of talented players. I think this club has disproved this theory numerous times this year. My post may have been a little 'dramatic', but you get the gist.

By the way, if we do make the GF watch the odds for us blow out. Why? Simple, because they don't think we stand a chance. Their words will be along the lines of 'St Kilda will put up a brave battle but Geelong/Collingwood will just be too good for St Kilda'.

Bookmark it.
Firstly the odds are set by what people back. Nothing to do with anyone but that. I listen to SEN every day and watch most footy shows and about 99% think we will make the GF. That means they rate us. I still think people hear what they want to hear. The media change all the time. Last year plenty said geelong were gone after about round 18. Im sure plent wrote off the Saints earlier in the year just as many wrote off the pies earlier in the year. No one is writing us off now. WB seem to be the only team being written off.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote: Firstly the odds are set by what people back. Nothing to do with anyone but that.
Yes, but people are influenced by what the watch and see.
plugger66 wrote: I listen to SEN every day and watch most footy shows and about 99% think we will make the GF. That means they rate us.
Not too hard to make that prediction. This is based on the fact that the Bulldogs seem to be 'limping' into the finals this year as compared to hitting the finals with some form like they did last year.[/quote]
plugger66 wrote:I still think people hear what they want to hear. The media change all the time. Last year plenty said geelong were gone after about round 18. Im sure plent wrote off the Saints earlier in the year just as many wrote off the pies earlier in the year. No one is writing us off now. WB seem to be the only team being written off.
Can see your point with your last paragraph. However, we will go in as very much the under dogs and betting outlets and the media commentary will reflect that if we make it to the GF for the entire build up next week. Right up until the first bounce Saturday week.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I listen to SEN every day and watch most footy shows and about 99% think we will make the GF. That means they rate us. I still think people hear what they want to hear. .
...or rather that they rate us above the Dogs..

The same 99% would seem to rate the Cats and Pies above us.

Does not worry me as I believe that Lyon has us primed.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I listen to SEN every day and watch most footy shows and about 99% think we will make the GF. That means they rate us. I still think people hear what they want to hear. .
...or rather that they rate us above the Dogs..

The same 99% would seem to rate the Cats and Pies above us.

Does not worry me as I believe that Lyon has us primed.
Well not what I hear on SEN. Matter of fact hasnt been discussed much because we dont even know who is playing in the GF.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:They will stay because we want them. We havent lost a player we wanted to stay for years.
what are u talking about plugger? we threw the kitchen sink at cain ackland! :lol: :lol:

But seriously. Noone else seems worried. Maybe im just a worrier. But id like these two blokes to sign.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 16 Sep 2010 6:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

checkmate

lol

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

Ablett will be six.

Mundy will be seven.

No Saints to GC.
Hale is going nowhere according to his missus.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell