Outraged -Confirmation Wearing Clash Strip this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ashjam
Club Player

Outraged -Confirmation Wearing Clash Strip this week

I have it on good authority that St.Kilda will be wearing their clash strip this week.
This is an outrage as Collingwood's whiter jumper and us in our normal guernsey provides no clah.
Collingwood have worn the whiter jumper for most of their history.
The argument that they finished higher doesn't stack up, as Bulldogs wore blue shorts v Collingwood in first final this year, and St.Kilda in hite shorts last night.
We should protest....this is ridiculous.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I don't care if we wear pink. Just win the f****** thing.

Besides, they finished higher. No biggie.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

if they are...they should immediately change into their home strip as soon as the siren blows.... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

We should just not worry and smash them so badly they look like they wear brown shorts. If we win in our fat white strip I will love it just as much as in black strip.

I wouldn't care if we bring back the m&m strip if it gets the job done.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Outraged - Wearing Clash Strip this week

ashjam wrote:I have it on good authority that St.Kilda will be wearing their clash strip this week.
This is an outrage as Collingwood's whiter jumper and us in our normal guernsey provides no clah.
The argument that they finished higher doesn't stack up, as Bulldogs wore blue shorts v Collingwood in first final this year, and St.Kilda in hite shorts last night.
What we should do is win the game. We can wear nothing for all I care if we win. As I have previously said what happens if we are a point up and the ball is in our backline, one of our players handballs quickly under pressure thinking it is a Saints player but in fact was a Pie and they kick the winning goal. We lose the game but at least our ego is in tact and we have proven we will not be stood over. I would feel really good. Not. Wear what is best for us to give 100% chance of winning.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:23am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:We should worry abut it.
There's no reason both teams can't play in traditional jumpers.
It wasn't a problem in '66, why now?
Colour TV :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

does this mean I will see them from God's seats?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Care factor = 0

I'd rather our guys hit the correct target more than turn it over

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:Care factor = 0

I'd rather our guys hit the correct target more than turn it over
Yeah, I'm beyond caring about this kinda stuff anymore. There was little fuss when we wore the tombstone strip in '97. Let baby Eddie have his candy and we can get the big prize instead.

Just happy that we'll be there and have another crack at something very rare, a premiership.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Can't believe most people accept us being walked over again regarding this issue. That's the spirit, just lay down again.

I, on the otherhand, come from the more passionate, dyed in the wool, bleed R,W &B type.
So, the Jumper that represents the club I love means everthing.

I really hope your source is wrong ashjam because, if so, this is yet another injustice forced upon our club.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I thought the club had stated that we weren't going to wear the clash strip & we would wear white shorts if required.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:Can't believe most people accept us being walked over again regarding this issue. That's the spirit, just lay down again.

I, on the otherhand, come from the more passionate, dyed in the wool, bleed R,W &B type.

I really hope your source is wrong ashjam because, if so, this is yet another injustice forced upon our club.
We have played in 6 GF and worn 4 different jumpers. It isnt like this is the first time. We are wearing red, white and black and surely that is all that matters unless maybe confusing players helps us win a flag.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:Can't believe most people accept us being walked over again regarding this issue. That's the spirit, just lay down again.

Wouldn't it be better to just worry about winning?

Whatever jumper they wear will still have the crest on the player's heart.

That's enough for me.

But then I'm clearly an inferior supporter, so what would I know...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:22am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Sainterman
Club Player

Maybe it is another omen...we were not wearing the traditional jumper the last time we held the cup up either!

I don't care what jumper we win our next flag in...lets just make it this week!

bozza1980
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Colour TV :wink:
ahhh... right... so back then, b&w technology had climaxed to where we could easily decipher which player was which.
Nowadays, the quality of digital colour tv is so bad, clash jumper jumpers are required. analog > digital.
Makes sense to me. ;) :)
If Collingwood played in their traditional top their would be no clash like 1966.

However the clash now occurs when Collingwood wear their non traditional black with white stripes, it isn't that difficult.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The "so called" clash only exists because Eddie McGuire changed Collingwoods tradtional jumper that they wore for over 90 years around 10 years ago!

The acceptance of this jumper by the AFL should have been made conditional that they can wear their new jumper only in circumstances where a "so called" clash is not an issue!

It should be incumbent upon Collingwood to change because they created the issue to begin with!

WHY should St kilda be forced to wear a stupid away clash jumper in a GRAND FINAL because of the whims of Eddie McGuire?

Even going by Eddie McGuire's logic it is Collingwood that should be made to wear their away jumper or their tradtional jumper that they wore for over 90 years because a few years ago he preached that the onus was on North to come up with a new jumper in their so called clash games because they were johnny come latelies!

Given that St kilda were formed in 1873 and Collingwood in 1892, surely once again it is Collingwood's responsibility to change their jumper!

The bottomline is, why should St kilda be forced to wear anything other than our traditional jumper in a Grand Final, because of Eddie " we won't change our tradition, our jumper etc...etc...yada...yada... for anyone McGuire,

when this is precisely what this megalomaniacal hypocrite did just 10 years ago!

Collingwood's traditional jumper that they wore for over 90 years does not clash in any way and McGuire bleats on about how we won't change our jumper or tradition for anyone!

Eddie McGuire/Collingwood caused the issue to exist to begin with so they should be forced to wear their traditional jumper!

It's only fair that both clubs compete in their traditional jumpers!

Our board needs to grow some balls and tell the AFL precisely this!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

The AFL should punish Eddie for failing to fall into line re clash strips by making his team wear their "clash" (virtually indistinguishable from the normal one), leaving the Saints to wear their tradition guernsey as well.

If Eddie is as vehemently opposed to clash strips as he claims (and I agree with him) this shouldn't be a problem.

Having said all that, there's no significant clash in the first place. Just let both teams wear their traditional strips and get on with it.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Here, here, 110%!

I'll be F***** outraged if we are forced to wear our clash strip in a Grand Final because of the whims of Eddie "we won't change our tradition for anyone" McGuire who did precisely that by changing the filth jumper that they wore for over 90 years 10 years ago!

Grand Finals are hard enough to make and when we make them we had better be wearing our traditional jumper!

If both clubs wore their traditional jumpers, there would be no issue!

McGuire created it, he should be the one who has to remedy it!

We should simply refuse to wear anything other than our traditional jumper!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Outraged - Wearing Clash Strip this week

ashjam wrote:I have it on good authority that St.Kilda will be wearing their clash strip this week.
It's bullsh!t and it won't happen......

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Here, here, 110%!

I'll be F***** outraged if we are forced to wear our clash strip in a Grand Final because of the whims of Eddie "we won't change our tradition for anyone" McGuire who did precisely that by changing the filth jumper that they wore for over 90 years 10 years ago!

Grand Finals are hard enough to make and when we make them we had better be wearing our traditional jumper!

If both clubs wore their traditional jumpers, there would be no issue!

McGuire created it, he should be the one who has to remedy it!

We should simply refuse to wear anything other than our traditional jumper!
Agree with you both 100% this is outrageous if we have to be in that white away jumper on Grand final day all because Collingwood get away with murder. NO WAY, the club should not stand for this, if this is true...

If this is the case, what will AFL do if we walk out and play in our traditional jumper, fine us? surely they can't take the flag away from us if we win?

Here is our chance to win our 2nd flag and people are happy to see it NOT in our traditional jumper. I am sorry but I just can't swallow that.

This is a %^&ing disgrace.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
bigred
Saintsational Legend

We should simply refuse to wear anything other than our traditional jumper
This.

Our almighty silent president has said this in the past. For finals matches.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I don't care if we wear pink. Just win the f****** thing.
This!!!!

I'm more excited than nervous! I'm certain we'll bring something special to this party!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I think it's fair.

They're minor premiers and have the higher winning margin.

Besides, I think our clash strip looks good.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.