The Cairns Saints win 2010 Premiership

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The Cairns Saints win 2010 Premiership

The Cairns Saints beat Port Douglas yesterday in the Grand Final.

Port went through the home and away season undefeated until the first final when the Cairns Saints beat them and then did it again in the GF.

I went into the rooms after the on-ground presentations and I must admit it was incredibly stirring listening to the team belt out "Oh when the Saints"
It's an amazing experience and worth doing if you ever get a chance. Even in the lower grades.

I wonder if I can get in the rooms next week to sing the song again.

Rn2354

Congratulations Guys[/img]

bozza1980
Club Player

St Kilda City won the SFL flag today too defeating Jayden Attard's Chelsea Heights.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
stevie
Saintsational Legend

i was gonna put up a thing about Cairns Saints - i used to play for South Cairns years ago.

Also in the QAFL, Morningside (where I used to live in brissie) won the flag yesterday, beating Spider Everitts's Labrador. Morning sdie are the Panthers but wear the saints colours.

And...my wife's cousin's husband captained his rugby league team to a flag yesterday in the QLD Cup - they lost the GF last year...

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

My cousin's team the St Virgil Saints won their grand final on the weekend.
Hearing them belt out "Oh When the Saints" was amazing. What I wouldnt give to hear it again this weekend.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:i was gonna put up a thing about Cairns Saints - i used to play for South Cairns years ago.

Also in the QAFL, Morningside (where I used to live in brissie) won the flag yesterday, beating Spider Everitts's Labrador. Morning sdie are the Panthers but wear the saints colours.

And...my wife's cousin's husband captained his rugby league team to a flag yesterday in the QLD Cup - they lost the GF last year...
Jarrod Harbrows old team - the Cutters. Yeah they had a shocker this year.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Nice line up of omens in this thread.

Like it!

The Crocs would've been almost unbackable at one point this year...Good effort by Cairns. Am watching with interest the progress of Charlie Dixon - former Cairns Saint - at Gold Coast... He wears no 23, by the way. Just like the KOZ!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
stevie wrote:i was gonna put up a thing about Cairns Saints - i used to play for South Cairns years ago.

Jarrod Harbrows old team - the Cutters. Yeah they had a shocker this year.
Didn't know he played for them! I played from 1984 till 1992 when they were Souths Balaclava. My mate keeps me informed of whats happening uo there.