The stars are definately aligning

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The stars are definately aligning

I felt a strange feeling of calm as soon as we qualified..

We have slipped beautifully under the radar this year..

We have fresh Grand final experience..and the bitter taste still lingers..interesting to hear Riewoldt mention that he heard Geelong players last night refer to it during the game last year!

That and the fact that everything has gone to plan for the pies and the they are overwhelming favourites..if's its close which I reckon our boys will ensure it will be their anxiety levels will blow sky high..

Don't even mind tempting fate..the feeling of upset win and the righting of last years injustice is palpable..

Have almost never been so confident that a side is going to have to play bloody well to deny us this moment..

Structure and effort in place and this will be the stuff of our wildest dreams...

Just win the bloody thing and send all saints to heaven!!!!

:twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Tue 21 Sep 2010 12:06am, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
eppo67
Club Player

I feel exactly the same but l don't think it will be close.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

saint patrick you legend! Obviously great minds think, or 'feel' alike.

I've been extremely calm about the whole thing even in the first final....I sat and watched Schneiderman slot that 'sausage roll' in last quarter.

This is our Flag!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Milne
Club Player

I'm ever the optimist, this time though I have a really bad feeling.

I really hope im wrong :(

goods
Club Player

Milne wrote:I'm ever the optimist, this time though I have a really bad feeling.

Get yourself together

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Thank you John Gould..that speil on the brownlow re the pain of losing a grand final and the looking at each other at half time and being on a mission not to revisit the darkness was what the players needed to hear..the look on Goddards face told the story...there will be blood before defeat this year :twisted:

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
saint3d
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:Thank you John Gould..that speil on the brownlow re the pain of losing a grand final and the looking at each other at half time and being on a mission not to revisit the darkness was what the players needed to hear..the look on Goddards face told the story...there will be blood before defeat this year :twisted:
Took the words right out of my mouth. Get on BJ for the Norm Smith.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saint3d wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Thank you John Gould..that speil on the brownlow re the pain of losing a grand final and the looking at each other at half time and being on a mission not to revisit the darkness was what the players needed to hear..the look on Goddards face told the story...there will be blood before defeat this year :twisted:
or Hayes. He was hurting just as much after last year. I love that so many of our players will use this to motivate them.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

It was almost like that bloke was speaking directly to the St Kilda players... uniting against the Filth.

Had shivers up the spine... I hope Ross has that cut into a DVD for the boys to watch at some stage.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
saint3d wrote:
or Hayes. He was hurting just as much after last year. I love that so many of our players will use this to motivate them.
The sight of Lenny sreaming in anguish still haunts me..just want the ultimate reward for him and boys..that is the source of my anxiety..this team must be immortalised now !!!!!

saint3d
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:
It was almost like that bloke was speaking directly to the St Kilda players... uniting against the Filth.

Had shivers up the spine... I hope Ross has that cut into a DVD for the boys to watch at some stage.
You'd have to think a former Carlton player would want to see Collingwood beaten as much as anyone.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saint3d wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

You'd have to think a former Carlton player would want to see Collingwood beaten as much as anyone.
Reckon Malthouse would have been cringing when Gould was talking about this ..these little 1 % centers can just steel the mind and resolve just be enough to make a difference 8-)

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I feel a quiet confidence this year and not the excited anxiety of last year - but then it is only Monday - :lol:

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
SaintWal
Club Player

I have thought about the first few contests in this game since Saturday night. I don't think you would like to be anywhere in the vicinity of Lenny, BJ, Roo, Kosi and the likes. I can see the Pies foing for cheap shots but nothing lays it on the line more than hard tackles and straight up the front bumps. That is what is awaiting the Pies on Saturday.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

mbogo wrote:I feel a quiet confidence this year and not the excited anxiety of last year - but then it is only Monday - :lol:
I'm exactly the same. I cannot believe how calm I am now - or even on Saturday night. Even down by two goals early in the match against the Bulldogs, I always knew we would come back into it.

I said to my wife's cousin at the wedding I was at Saturday night "You watch. We'll break right away in this third quarter and steamroll home." when down by a goal at half time.

I could've told anyone we would be behind at half time but still close and then draw away after that, set up the win early in the last and rest stars for the GF.

Just like I can tell anyone that after the tightest, toughest most gruelling three quarters on this Saturday afternoon, we will be the fresher team in the last, burst out to a thirteen point lead early and pretty much preserve the lead from there.

Middo
Club Player

Re: The stars are definately aligning

saint patrick wrote:I felt a strange feeling of calm as soon as we qualified..

We have fresh Grand final experience..and the bitter taste still lingers..interesting to hear Riewoldt mention that he heard Geelong players last night refer to it during the game last year!

That and the fact that everything has gone to plan for the pies and the they are overwhelming favourites..if's its close which I reckon our boys will ensure it will be their anxiety levels will blow sky high..

Don't even mind tempting fate..the feeling of upset win and the righting of last years injustice is palpable..

Have almost never been so confident that a side is going to have to play bloody well to deny us this moment..

Structure and effort in place and this will be the stuff of our wildest dreams...

:D Not thinking a close game , have so much confidence it the team :D

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Re: The stars are definately aligning

Middo wrote:
saint patrick wrote:I felt a strange feeling of calm as soon as we qualified..

:D Not thinking a close game , have so much confidence it the team :D
I have faith in the team and believe they could make it a big win too but I think it will be close because I accept Collingwood are an exceptionally good side that are very tough to shake off.

PLus i am actually going to enjoy this game - even if it's close. I want it to be a real spectacle, like last year's Grand Final. Because if it is close, we will win.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:I have thought about the first few contests in this game since Saturday night. I don't think you would like to be anywhere in the vicinity of Lenny, BJ, Roo, Kosi and the likes. I can see the Pies foing for cheap shots but nothing lays it on the line more than hard tackles and straight up the front bumps. That is what is awaiting the Pies on Saturday.
Exactly right. We extracted a huge injury count on the Bulldogs. Two sets of broken ribs, one knee, and Jonno crumpled in a heap.

Eddy did some kamikazie at the body work.

Geelong weren't hard.

Saints will be harder at the pill than anything the filth have faced this year.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Count on it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
SaintWal wrote:I have thought about the first few contests in this game since Saturday night. I don't think you would like to be anywhere in the vicinity of Lenny, BJ, Roo, Kosi and the likes. I can see the Pies foing for cheap shots but nothing lays it on the line more than hard tackles and straight up the front bumps. That is what is awaiting the Pies on Saturday.
Exactly right. We extracted a huge injury count on the Bulldogs. Two sets of broken ribs, one knee, and Jonno crumpled in a heap.

Eddy did some kamikazie at the body work.

Geelong weren't hard.

Saints will be harder at the pill than anything the filth have faced this year.
Fair dinkum that was the softest geelong team I have seen since 2006 when they were front running pretenders.

Even in the flogging they copped in 2008.

gary Ablett was the only thing saving them from one hundred percent humiliation.

What people also forget is it wasn't that long ago we did the exact same thing to Geelong - we turned an early ten point deficit into a 33 point lead in little over two quarters....

Baldock Rules
Club Player

I,m not one for omens generally but there is a definite feeling of vengence in the air.Goddards expression at the Brownlow said to me that the boys will die trying .

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

One of the worst days was when the Crows kicked away from us in the 97 GF. They stood around in shock not knowing what to do, I think the competitive spirit in these current guys would see them take anyone on.

Riewoldt, BJ and Lenny are three of the most competitive guys you will see.I can't see any of them not doing anything possible if it comes to winning a grand final. They have all played long enough to know that chances are few and far between these guys are ready to be legends.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Riewoldt, BJ and Lenny are three of the most competitive guys you will see.I can't see any of them not doing anything possible if it comes to winning a grand final.....
And don't rule out the possibility of them doing the impossible either! :wink:

Milne
Club Player

goods wrote:
Milne wrote:I'm ever the optimist, this time though I have a really bad feeling.

Get yourself together
im sh*tting myself

i've seen two grand final losses in my life time. I don't want to see another.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Milne wrote:
goods wrote:

Get yourself together
im sh*tting myself

i've seen two grand final losses in my life time. I don't want to see another.
3 too many for me 71,97 and 09..this one would help erase the pain forever 8-)