zac love

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

zac love

i don't give a rats if there is another similar thread......i just love the guy...love hia attitude...his toughness...and that hit on that little criminal diduk was a pleasure to behold...the highlight of the match.....well after bj's mark and lenny's goal...... :wink: :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
DWOODROW
Club Player

Re: zac love

stinger wrote:i don't give a rats if there is another similar thread......i just love the guy...love hia attitude...his toughness...and that hit on that little criminal diduk was a pleasure to behold...the highlight of the match.....well after bj's mark and lenny's goal...... :wink: :wink: 8-)
Hope he does it again.

SaintWal
Club Player

His attitude against Hall was a pleasure to see and has carried it into the GF wk1

He has gone to the next level IMO

Interestingly it coincided with Walsh getting elevated "IMO again"

Maybe he needs the pressure to perform? Or maybe he just feels that he belongs

westy
Club Player

He's as tough as nails.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
DWOODROW
Club Player

I thought the sly knee to the head was a nice touch also. :lol:

donthglfa
Club Player

stinger wrote:i don't give a rats if there is another similar thread......i just love the guy...love hia attitude...his toughness...and that hit on that little criminal diduk was a pleasure to behold...the highlight of the match.....well after bj's mark and lenny's goal...... :wink: :wink: 8-)
could not agree with you more.....his facial expressions never change no matter what the situation or the criticism.....he is a gun

saintnick12
Club Player

I met a guy today in the waiting room at the hospital (my son had surgery today). We were chatting about footy after the Hirdy announcement came up on the TV.

Anyway, this guy was saying that ZAC was a school friend of his son.
Apparently he's really smart and has education behind him - engineering I think he said.

Agree on the ZAC love by the way. He has had an awesome finals series. Hopefully will be the making of him.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

zacs great lets face it

most people wanted him out week in week out... but it was never about the games throughout the season...

everything lyon has done has been for this.. the finals and grand final

Foghorn St.K.F.C

To see Zac in action against Hall 2wks ago was truly a thing of beauty, he has grown in confidence and stature. Saturday's display was fabulous. I was one of those people who wondered why Zac kept getting picked, especially after his performance against Essendon earlier this year, but credit where it's due, Zac belongs in the 22, i'm off to eat a dirty big slice of humble pie, GO SAINTS!!!

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to see a pic of him at the start of the year compared to now, I think he is finally putting a bit of bulk back on.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Since he has come back from his injury he has been fantastic and super important to us.

How good was the backline last week? Fish, Zac, Gwilty, Bakes, - great jobs by all of them. Midfield put some amazing pressure on and the backs did the rest.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

BEST. THREAD. EVER.

I will admit to doubtint Zac, never bagging him, and always sticking up for him when my mates were getting into him, but I will admit to doubting if he has what it takes.

But bloody oath I loved seeing the way he went about his footy on the weekend, is one of my favourite players now after his very good finals series.

What is the lesson I have Learned?
Ross knows his s***!

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Thought Zac has been terrific. Big boy, tough, and he's also mobile and quick. Like his raking left-footers as well.

And that hit on Didak was special. If his shoulder was dodgy before, it's well and truly stuffed now. He will be full of painkillers on Saturday.
Last edited by Verdun66 on Wed 29 Sep 2010 7:58am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Pup
Club Player

Loved his hit on the weekend, he put a hit on like that in the prelim final also.

Like the way Zac has handled himself over the last 2 years. Coming over from the Hawks most people wouldn't have given him much hope. Then having to cop a bit of backlash from Saints fans by pushing Max out of the side.

Also think a lot of credit must be given to SOS, would have taught Zac and a trick or two.

GET UP AND ABOUT SAINTERS!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

In many respects I think Zac epitomises our group. He gets shitcanned daily but dusts himself off and gets on with it every time. He's tough in body and mind, quick and agile. He will be a long term servant of our club and if he keeps at it he will be remembered as a very good fullback when his days are done.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigred
Saintsational Legend

he will be remembered as a very good fullback when his days are done.
Premiership Fullback.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
spert
Saintsational Legend

I remember people on this forum totally bagging Goddard a few years back, and then Gwilt..some people don't understand the word "development"..Go Zac!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I had my doubts about Zac also, but after having the pleasure of watching him (in person) during the Prelim on Hall, my appreciation for the guy skyrocketed!! Also I felt that game helped break his mental shackles! No longer was he going to be intimidated by his opponent! He grew ten foot tall and near unstoppable that game! I think the beauty about it all is now he is aware of his ability, and it's paying dividends! Go Zac!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Count in another one for some Zac love :) I think he is brilliant!!!!

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I always said he was hard done by from our fans. He got blamed for taking Maxy's spot and has paid ever since.

I can honestly say I don't remember seeing a full back ever going through a season with a clean score sheet. But people will watch one passage of play where he got under the ball or left his man and try to use it as evidence of why he has zero talent and isn't up to AFL standard.

No one ever claimed Max was a dud but he had his shockers -I remember at the G when I think it was Nietz kicked a bag on him. No one got on here claiming he was s***.

Finally he is getting some f****** respect.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Love the Zac.

He may make some mistakes, but goddamn the kid tries and has a lot of heart!

Nothing more need to be said!

They walk amongst us...

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Bloody oath he deserves some respect too. Was always going to be hard coming into the wake of such a loved player as Maxie but I think Zac is awesome.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Trust in Ross.

Love the Zac!

starsign
Club Player

I think we all owe a lot of thanks to SOS for the development in our backs and especially Zac

I'm sure he has put a heap of work into him and we are now reaping the rewards

He's done a great job and will be missed!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He was struggling at the beginning of the year though, there was a time there when he had returned from injury and available for selection and Ross left him out of the side...

Seemed to lose a bit of confidence, makes it all the more impressive that he has worked hard to turn it around.