We Must Have Waited All of Our Lives For This Moment

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

We Must Have Waited All of Our Lives For This Moment

That moment is coming, I just really think it is our time.
The wait will soon be over, look at the messages coming from them, we have to tag Goddard, Hayes don't kick it to Fisher our midfielders have to improve.
What they don't understand is that this is what this team does, we close games down, we control the tempo and we have different plans we can revert too.
They couldn't blow us away last week, and they tired in the second half when we we're full of running.
I am not cocky, but i do believe it has to be our time, that tomorrow we will get those lucky bounces, that our better players will smash theirs because ours are better.
But simply, WE WANT IT SO MUCH MORE THAN THEY DO!
I know most of you will think this stupid, but late last year when we we're having our great streak, I chose a vow of silence on the club song.
I have sung it for many a great win, for pre season cups, for finals, but never for a premiership.
I want to end that vow of silence tomorrow, because for me right now, that is the only reason I want to sing it for.
Trust me, I will sing it with so much pride in my chest, with tears streaming out of my eyes and with whatever voice I have left.
The moment is upon us, tomorrow will be the greatest day of our lives, and this one will be so special because we have waited all of our lives for it.
GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTS!!!!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Well, at least since last week...which seems like an eternity ago!

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

We grind, persist and fight to the death. We will do it again. Go saints. Do it the hard way.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

well we will either thrash them or they will thrash us......unless you know how well our guys recovered from last week vs the Filth you have no idea what's likely to happen unfortunately!

Dave Misson and the fitness guru's are the key!

goyousaints
Club Player

We wont be thrashed ,every big game for 2 years,even when appearing to be in ordinary form going into games,we come to play, we will be ready to go to war again tomorrow,there may be a thrashing be I know it wont be us on the receiving end.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

We have the better leaders, we have the bigger heart. It will show tomorrow. The spirit of the red, white, and black.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Spine tingling stuff.

Epic Post!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: We Must Have Waited All of Our Lives For This Moment

3rd generation saint wrote:That moment is coming, I just really think it is our time.
The wait will soon be over, look at the messages coming from them, we have to tag Goddard, Hayes don't kick it to Fisher our midfielders have to improve.
What they don't understand is that this is what this team does, we close games down, we control the tempo and we have different plans we can revert too.
They couldn't blow us away last week, and they tired in the second half when we we're full of running.
I am not cocky, but i do believe it has to be our time, that tomorrow we will get those lucky bounces, that our better players will smash theirs because ours are better.
I know most of you will think this stupid, but late last year when we we're having our great streak, I chose a vow of silence on the club song.
I have sung it for many a great win, for pre season cups, for finals, but never for a premiership.
I want to end that vow of silence tomorrow, because for me right now, that is the only reason I want to sing it for.
Trust me, I will sing it with so much pride in my chest, with tears streaming out of my eyes and with whatever voice I have left.
The moment is upon us, tomorrow will be the greatest day of our lives, and this one will be so special because we have waited all of our lives for it.
GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTS!!!!
:wink: :lol: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Spine tingling stuff.

Epic Post!
Yep pretty much summed it up completely!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

gawd dayum the nerves are really settling in now

Finna
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:That moment is coming, I just really think it is our time.
GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTS!!!!
Awesome Post.

Go You Mighty Sainters!!!

Go........

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Go Saints

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Go Saints! Get it done!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

For every one of ther players that can improve there's one of ours that can improve, for every one of ours that they are going to tag, we'll tag one of theirs. All we need is four quarters of football like the second half last week and we'll have a flag. We've all waited long enough.
This is our time.
THIS IS OUR F*****N STAGE!!!!!

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Rooey in the Prelim: "Get it done!"

Rooey in the GF: "This is our f*****n' stage!"

Go you good things!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTS!!!!
MAGNIFICANT POST...I want to shake you hand when the reward is realised...let it be this weekend :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Yeah great post, but I was there in '66, so it's just another one as far as I'm concerned.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Bleed the Red, White & Black!! Love this club! Go you Mighty Saints!!!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Great post, go you Sainters!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Waited too long, 44 years is way too long!

Get the business done Saints!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.